Bethesda Will Host Its First Ever E3 Press Conference This Year

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
MC1980 said:
FogHornG36 said:
They are going to announce that elder scrolls online will be going free to play.
Hey, the best time to announce going f2p 3 months after you've gone f2p, there's no arguing that. Wouldn't shock me if they actually treated the whole thing like that.
I mean real f2p as in you don't have to buy the game first.

NotEvenOnce

Not ever, if possible
Jun 28, 2012
ESO is going all WoW with expansions and every new Elder Scrolls from here on out will exist within it. Mark my words.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Chaosian said:
The Doom Remake also sounds like an interesting idea. I wonder if they're going old school revitalization, horror, or what?
I don't know, but I greatly hope it's something that is along the same lines as Doom 3. That game was absolutely brilliant and the best in the series thus far, no contest. It was creepy, had an interesting story and characters, and full of atmosphere while still retaining it's action game roots at the same time, it's basically what Dead Space tried and failed to be. I will be VERY disappointed if they do go back to the bland pure action shooter that Doom started with as the article linked here claims, if I wanted that I'd just play Ultimate Doom or Doom 2 again, or Quake, Serious Sam, or any of the other 50 similar shooters out there.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I'd rather they announce that they're bringing on the TESR team working on Skywind as full time employees to create all future Elder Scrolls games. That team has talent. But alas, I know that would never happen.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Vault101 said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
New IP? Fallout Online! Its free to play, pay to win with plenty of stuff to buy!!!11
ugghhh no NO! no...

Sanunes said:
I have been burned by so many of their products I just can't get excited anymore
I get excited but then I remember Fallout New Vegas was developed by Obsidian...not Bethesda

then I remember Skyrim

then I sigh....
Don't worry. If you own a copy of Skywind and a copy of Morrowind on Steam then you can look forward to what is shaping up to be the finest Elder Scrolls experience to date. For FREE!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwMeA6uYyXr7N11tgBXnn8Q

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
If anything they announce there holds my attention for more than three seconds, I will consider it a resounding success. The doom reboot won't. ESO going f2p won't. If it's the Dunmer liberating Morrowind from the Argonian and Wood Elf invasion, I might raise an eyebrow. Fallout 4 might get an interested "Hmm." if it's set in Australia.

Announcing they will be using a more stable game engine would do it just fine.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
I'm seeing all these fans getting their hopes up for Fallout 4, and yet my gut feeling is that Bethesda has jumped on the MMO boat so hard that they'll just announce more content for Elder Scrolls Online, unaware how this will just create a huge backlash of disappointment. I could not care less about that MMO than I already do.

Prove that gut feeling wrong, Bethesda.

Blacklight28

Nov 27, 2013
After that Survivor 2299 hoax, or whatever it was called, I've prepared for disappointment on the Fallout front, but even if there's no news there's bound to be something of interest there. Doom news or a Dishonoured sequel, maybe?

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
Fingers crossed for Fallout 4 with drivable vehicles. I want to go on a postapocalyptic road trip - just me, a couple of companions and a trunk full of loot.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Vault101 said:
No! Nooooooo!
Fallout: Tower Defense.

OT: News of the wasteland, please. Kthxbai.

VanQ said:
I'd rather they announce that they're bringing on the TESR team working on Skywind as full time employees to create all future Elder Scrolls games. That team has talent. But alas, I know that would never happen.
If they hired the guy who made Falskaar, they won't be overlooking the Skywinders.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
i was going to comment about yeah thats Fallout 4 alright and then that tagline. it just stopped my entire train of though.

Though considering whats happening with all other games of this type, yeah, The Fallout Online is coming.

Mike Richards said:
Fallout 4 would be amazing and all, but, well...

'The Elder Scrolls VI: Black Marsh' just has such a damn nice ring to it, you know?
Oh i have no doubt TES 6 is in the works, the question is only if they are going to announce it yet considering TESO failure.

Sleekit said:
whatever it is if it's on the same engine (again) i'm not buying it.

they've been using Gamebyro since Morrowind...and its a turd...
Didnt they made a new engine for Skyrim?
Yes, yes they did. and they got rid of that awful SpeedTree too! [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Skyrim#Engine]

Though the Creation Engine is not great either sadly. Its physics are locked to framerate which means all those fun "objects fly at random" in skyrim. not to mention numerous other "funny" bugs. but at least it works.

LetsNotPlease said:
ESO is going all WoW with expansions and every new Elder Scrolls from here on out will exist within it. Mark my words.
No! The nightmares! you bastard!

Beetlebum

Oct 14, 2011
Well, I'm a Bethesda fanboy. Their games aren't perfect but I've always liked getting lost in their giant worlds and having my own story.
Elder Scrolls online wasn't made by them, so I doubt they'll talk about it.
Elder Scrolls akaVIri sounds fun, But i'd prefer it setting be the summerset isles, more thalmor to kill.
Fallout 4 I wish for, obviously, but I hope the lesson is learned from ESO and they not make it an MMO.

Bigger picture; Positive: this E3 finally has something I care about. Negative: Bethesda might become one of the hype-train developers.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
Sleekit said:
Skyrim does not run on a new engine that was mostly PR.

it runs on an incremental improvement of Gamebyro.

as does every other Bethesda open world game.

i have modded on 3 different versions of it now (albeit in a small private way) and i'm familiar with that engines quirks, settings, console, files, modding tools etc and i'm telling you, despite what Bethesda say its the same engine underneath.

the fact you get many of the same bugs should kinda flag that fact.

you can ofc not take my word for it but if you ask someone else that's done similar stuff they'll tell you just the same.

Bethesda bought id for id tech 6 (because they're still using Gamebyro and it's a turd imo) which was supposed to do vast scale outdoor open world stuff which no id engine has really done up until now...smart buy y'see as all their big games are that kind of game...then Carmack left for Oculus Rift (imo due to the fact Bethesda came in hard against open sourcing id engines after the initial licensing period which really runs against Johns open source sensibilities) taking most of id tech 6 still in his head...and Bethesda actually tried to sue him for this...

anyway now they don't get an id tech 6

oh there will one and it will have that name but it won't be "id tech" because its not Carmack.

which leaves the question what the fuck will it be ?

if it's just another incremental lie like the "Creation Engine" then i'm disinclined to buy it.
I do agree with what you are saying about Gamebyro, now I never went to the Bethesda forums but I am surprised that it seems that Bethesda has gotten a pass with those statements about a "new engine", yet other developers if everything isn't 100% accurate to statements years earlier are guilty of "misleading gamers".

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
I want to see either,

-Fallout 4
-The Elder Scrolls VI (Elsweyr, Valenwood or Summerset Isles please!)
-Doom 4 (a good one)

In that order, talking about Order another Wolfenstein by the same team that made The New Order wouldn't be entirely unwelcome but would a bit disappointing without an announcement of either a new TES or Fallout.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I'm quietly hoping that they announce

Elder Scrolls VI (set in the desert mountains and dense jungles of Elsweyre, no more human centric nonsense, elves and cat people!).
Quake 5.
Enemy Territory 4 (and make it Wolfenstein or Quake instead of whatever the Eff Brink was supposed to be).
Fallout 4.

I'm hoping they show us

New Doom, actual gameplay footage.
Battlecry footage, because why not.

They'd better have at least one new FPS to show off, because if it's Activision, Ubisoft and (#heurk#) EA shooters this christmas I'm taking up knitting.