Beyoncé Faces $100 Million Lawsuit for Killing Dance Game

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
100 million sounds about right. Not for what they should get, but for what they should pursue. It's very common in lawsuits like these to start high and haggle down. They'll probably settle out of court for 10-15 million or so.

Still, what an awful nightmare woman. She's probably totally clueless as to how much work and money goes into these projects.

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
karloss01 said:
Beyonce, like any women should know that its rude to "pull out" mid session.

sorry if this offends or breaks the rules, it was just too tempting.
EDIT:

Anyways, yeah, someone earlier said out of court settlement with game dev dissolution and that sounds about right to me.

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
well she's definitely at fault for breaching a contract but I wonder what's the rest of the story.

Why did she quit in such an abrupt and impromptu manner to begin with? The only thing I can safely assume about her actions from the info in this article is that she became more than frustrated with some aspect of the project and working with that company. I'm curious about what made her that angry to quit like that.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
When will developers learn that "celebrities" aren't worth the hassle dealing with?

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
airrazor7 said:
well she's definitely at fault for breaching a contract but I wonder what's the rest of the story.

Why did she quit in such an abrupt and impromptu manner to begin with? The only thing I can safely assume about her actions from the info in this article is that she became more than frustrated with some aspect of the project and working with that company. I'm curious about what made her that angry to quit like that.
The lawsuit claims Knowles "made an extortionate demand for entirely new compensation terms" in the middle of development, which caused an investor to back out.
Basically she tried to extort more money after all the other games made a lot of money... so she deserves everything coming to her

Feb 13, 2008
HankMan said:
I guess she just didn't wanna put a ring on it.
*applauds*

The sue she's getting
She bought it
The game she throwed out
She bought it
The out of court settling
She bought it
'Cause she depends on fees

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
Braedan said:
airrazor7 said:

The lawsuit claims Knowles "made an extortionate demand for entirely new compensation terms" in the middle of development, which caused an investor to back out.
Basically she tried to extort more money after all the other games made a lot of money... so she deserves everything coming to her
Yeah, I read that. I was just hoping there was more to it than simply her being shallow and wanting MOAR money. I guess that's all there is to it. I agree with you, she deserves whatever's coming to her.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
HankMan said:
I guess she just didn't wanna put a ring on it.
*applauds*

The sue she's getting
She bought it
The game she throwed out
She bought it
The out of court settling
She bought it
'Cause she depends on fees
You are a god amongst men for that.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
You never pull out early thats how mistakes are made.

OT: If she really did back down like they say, they should get their money, but 100 mill seems a bit steep. but who knows she may have caused a lot of damage.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
and is now being sued for more than $100 million for the damage she allegedly caused
They always say this, in every case, the "Damage" but really? What Damage is there? The game is already sold and made.

You might as well just sue the fridge for not being able to sit inside it comfortably too.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Iridul said:
It's called negotiation.

If you sue for $7million you might get $1million, so they sue for $100million and hope that Beyonce will settle for $7million because the risk of fighting the case and losing is so much higher...
You understand how the world works. Too bad for every one of you, there are 6 people going "WTF 100 Millionz?! Way too much!"

I totally understand the 100 million dollar benchmark myself.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
cynicalsaint1 said:
I hope they win - 70 people losing their jobs because of her? That's some BS right there.
Not only that, but during christmas week too!

For all of you saying that 100mil is too much, think about this.

1) She breached contract which incures a large fee
2) She cost 70 people their jobs for who knows how long so they need to be compensated
3) She cost the developer any profits they might have made from the game
4) She wasted the developer's time they could have been working on a different game
5) Pain and suffering, you ALWAYS need the pain and suffering.....

BAM 100mil easy.

Emergent

Oct 26, 2010
tkioz said:
When will developers learn that "celebrities" aren't worth the hassle dealing with?
When smacking celebrity endorsements and cameos on horrible games stops bringing them billions of dollars.

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
i think 100 mil sounds about right, she had agreed to go through with it and her backing out because she wanted another house built out of solid gold, $100 bills for the curtains and the bones of the 1000's of people who died to erect such a house...which caused the companies financial backing to fall through, hopefully this will allow those 70 people to get back to being game developers.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Wolfram01 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Recoup actual losses, fuck this "potential" $100 million shit.
I mostly agree with this, although I think there should be extra thrown in for the breaking of a contract. Otherwise what's the point of the contract?
Really easy to say when you're not one of the 70 people that lost their jobs suddenly because of a disagreeable diva.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
They're suing for the amount of money they might have made if they had finished work on the game? That's low. They should sue for the amount they lost, to get them back on their feet, and *slightly* more in damages. Why do Americans always go overboard with this sort of stuff?

Still, I don't know who to support here. I get the feeling that the devs aren't giving us the whole story, but from the sounds of it, she screwed them pretty badly.

Ogargd

Nov 7, 2010
I disagree with most of the comments I've read, she deserves to loose the 100 million for sure.

Toeys

Mar 30, 2010
Ogargd said:
I disagree with most of the comments I've read, she deserves to loose the 100 million for sure.
Ye, i always had the feeling she was a bit too loose