Beyoncé Faces $100 Million Lawsuit for Killing Dance Game

CatmanStu

Jul 22, 2008
Ha ha ha! Sorry to buck the trend of getting behind the devs, but if you play with fire you get burned; if you play in the road you get run over; and if you do business with a self involved, spoilt, and precocious "princess" you get effed in the a.

Still, if they want to rescue the project, there is always Maria Carey.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Aura Guardian said:
mireko said:
[HEADING=1]
WHOEVER WINS

WE LOSE​
[/HEADING]
I'm confused. What do you mean by "we"?

Nikolaz72 said:
I think its fair. The sum is a little large but its obviously supposed to start large and settle smaller in order to get money to those people (Or new jobs) who lost their jobs because of her/managers decision. 100 Million is waayy too much though. I would start at 20, then perhaps go down to 10 through the trial. . Its about what they can say they lost in sales time and investment.
I agree. 100 million is a bit much but I agree none-the-less.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Recoup actual losses, fuck this "potential" $100 million shit.
Nevermind...he said it best
Um...

Onyx Oblivion, I introduce you to <link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost>one of the fundamental principles of economics

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
ace_of_something said:
Wolfram01 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I mostly agree with this, although I think there should be extra thrown in for the breaking of a contract. Otherwise what's the point of the contract?
Really easy to say when you're not one of the 70 people that lost their jobs suddenly because of a disagreeable diva.
Oh? So the company deserves 100 million to compensate for theoretical profits? No, they don't. The "extra" would be to compensate the workers for their lost salaries, hopefully, so that they can find new jobs - possibly covering the entire proposed development time of the title.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Bobbity said:
They're suing for the amount of money they might have made if they had finished work on the game? That's low. They should sue for the amount they lost, to get them back on their feet, and *slightly* more in damages. Why do Americans always go overboard with this sort of stuff?

Still, I don't know who to support here. I get the feeling that the devs aren't giving us the whole story, but from the sounds of it, she screwed them pretty badly.
<link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggling>You could probably stand to read this

Getting mad about how much they're asking for is silly. The requested amount in a lawsuit means jack. I slipped and fell in someone's parking lot last year because they didn't fix their broken water pipe in February before having a yard sale. I sued for my medical bills and won. I could have asked for as much as I wanted, because the judge and jury ultimately determine award. Who cares how much they're asking for?

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Wolfram01 said:
ace_of_something said:
Wolfram01 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I mostly agree with this, although I think there should be extra thrown in for the breaking of a contract. Otherwise what's the point of the contract?
Really easy to say when you're not one of the 70 people that lost their jobs suddenly because of a disagreeable diva.
Oh? So the company deserves 100 million to compensate for theoretical profits? No, they don't. The "extra" would be to compensate the workers for their lost salaries, hopefully, so that they can find new jobs - possibly covering the entire proposed development time of the title.
Usually when you cost a person their job 3-5 years of wages is typical. It's what I was awarded when I lost my job because I was disabled temporarily (though at the time the temporary was in question) Let's say all the devs make 26k a year if they paid each person (and thats a very low estimate thats what people making $11 an hour would make) if they made them pay 3 years wages that's about 5.5 Mil right there. Not to mention in the USA loss of medical benefits, we don't have universal health care (which could be catastrophic for people with families relying on that).
You are also fined (and made to pay) the aggrieved party off the top as a contract penalty (the amount is usually agreed upon at the time of the contract signing).
A whole company went under people put their whole lives into it to get it up and running I'm sure...
While I agree $100 mil seems like a lot most of the time that is done as a gambit in tort where people ask for about 50% than what they want because most of the time whatever amount you ask for gets reduced by quite a lot.

edit: wow I'm sorry. I must've been REALLY tired when I read your first post. I totally misinterpreted it. We seem to be arguing very similar points. I apologize.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
70 people losing jobs as a direct result of her fickle attitude is seriously f'ed up.

mireko said:
[HEADING=1]
WHOEVER WINS

WE LOSE​
[/HEADING]
ehehehehe

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
I hope they win.
She just...can't do that... :V

Also Any chance we could sue Britney Spears while we are at it? j/k