Bi, the new black?

jesse.

Nov 13, 2009
Bi's disgust me, I don't care if your gay or asexual but being into both sexes is wrong. You would either be some sex, pervert monster or you're just dumb and can't tell the difference between the 2 holes

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
jesse. said:
Bi's disgust me, I don't care if your gay or asexual but being into both sexes is wrong. You would either be some sex, pervert monster or you're just dumb and can't tell the difference between the 2 holes
You offer absolutely no reason as to why being into both sexes is "wrong" and yet you insult bisexuals. How brilliant.

Player 2

Feb 20, 2009
Suiseiseki IRL said:
MaxChaos said:
I apologise for not adhering to the rules of Serious Business,.
Someone like yourself with over 500 posts and 8 months of posting behind you should already know by now that things become Serious Business once a place on the Internet adopts moderators.
...4chan has moderators. His post was clearly a joke, get over yourself.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
A lot of people I know claim to be Bi, but from what I see - they really have a preference for both. Despite their young age.

Also, I don't mind Bisexuals or gays, as long as they don't start acting effeminate.

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
Definitely a trend however the reason may vary for people. There are certainly a large majority who claim they are bi primarily to garner attention. I know of a girl who claimed this suddenly while still easily attracted to men and currently has a boyfriend. (She did technically have a girlfriend however it is my belief only she believed this to be true.) Whilst another - and such is simply my own hypothesis - could derive from admitting bisexuality is frequently less scrutinized than admittance of homosexuality.

Quoth

Aug 28, 2008
In the first instance it's not particularly new. Like homosexuality was considered taboo up until a decade ago and coupled with a general decline in victorian principles and moral behaviour as say Ancient Rome or Greece it's becoming a more common phenomenon as no one is given any boundaries.

Secondly I read a book recently called the Dice Man. In it a guy sets up whats essentially a cult where by throwing your dice you decide your behaviour. One aspect it visited was the idea of going in to a blacked out room. You know there's men and women in it, all fornicating.

Lets assume you go in and everythings well. You find yourself getting an enjoyable blow job off "someone" are you going to suddenly stop it if you find its being offered by someone with a stubbly chin?

This challenged my thoughts, after all the act of recieving sexual gratification is often tempered by our own hang ups. If you take those out of the equation who knows what you might enjoy?

Personally I don't think I'd be comfortable entering the room, or any orgy for that matter.

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
Funny you should mention that, I have a very good friend who was bisexual (haha, how convenient!) but about a year ago we had one of our long drawn out late night discussions and she came around to the fact that she's heterosexual after all, but happened to be very good at pretending to be bi(subsequently ending her relationship with her girlfriend then pestering me for a few months). BUT I guess in a way she was still discovering which way she leaned and perhaps that's the case with some teenagers, they're probably trying to discover who they are aswell.

However I'm certain that in the majority it is purely a fashion statement, I've known quite a few people like that who are just so bad at it. The question now is whatever the fuck next?

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
maybe its to sound cool or something, you know what some people are like.

For example, i could say im bi, but never EVER go near a guy.

goatzilla8463

Dec 11, 2008
Yeah, I find that a lot too. Bisexual used to actually mean something but now, loads of people just say it as a fashion statement.

Superbeast

Bound up the dead triumphantly!
Jan 7, 2009
Hm, it may be some sort of trend.

Since coming to Uni, I have two very good friends - both of them female, and both claim to be bisexual. One I know has had sex with women but dates and generally prefers men, and there are a few guys that claim to be bisexual (I don't know them well enough to know if they are truthfully or not). Whereas back home there was only one guy who claimed to be bi, but later came out as homosexual. So I have seen a rise in the number of people admitting to bisexuality, but I believe it may be linked more to peoples' maturity (both in self-acceptance and in that they don't get ripped on so often). I steer clear of online chatrooms and teenagers so I have no idea if it's becoming a trend there or not.

I've always claimed to be straight but this got me thinking - this thread that is, not my friend, about how people would judge me.

People on here claim you can't be bisexual until you have been attracted to, kissed, dated and slept with someone of the same sex (pick one, several or all and it covers most opinions).

I've kissed a couple of blokes and don't like it (too stubbly, yuck), and I have never had an attraction to a man - just doesn't happen. However there are some times that I just really want sex with a man (and have done in the past, I'm not ashamed to admit it...though it's probably too much information for a family forum). So I can *only* get crushes on and date women, and love having sex with women, and thus generally prefer women. But there is something about my side of the field that is incredibly sexy once in a while.

Given the above criteria, how would you judge me? I'm not faking (despite being a Goth/metalhead...but it's rare round here, less than 30 in 30,000 students) since I have genuinely slept with other men, and enjoyed it, but I don't fit what some people define as the "main criteria" for bisexuality (I don't find men attractive, nor do I enjoy kissing them over-much). What is incredibly ironic is that I'm a Classics student (and the Greeks knew a thing or two about Bisexuality, let me tell you!)

Ergo I settled on something that defines me - I'm a straight, pansexual man. Straight in that I can only love a woman, but pansexual in that I would sleep with either gender (and the half-way in betweens).

Try getting any sort of -sexual community to accept that one without any prejudice :(

Saylek

Dec 12, 2008
dududf said:
I'd point out the obvious truth, but then some twit will rage on and on at me. So if you don't like my post that will entail a "85% of them are full of shit atleast" view, then DON'T FREAKEN READ IT.

Soooo just incase some Fake Bi, that doesn't like people claiming he/she is faking it don't click on the spoilers below.
Yes I'd say atleast 85% (Based off of people I've met) that claim to be bi is them trying to act open to change, or accepting to Homosexuals and thus look cool for it. The irony kicks in, is that they still use homophobic insults. From which is considered OK. Oh well. It's a passing fad, and I can garentee none of the pretending Bi's actually have intercourse with their gender. They wouldn't take it that far. But for the genuinely Bi, I have no qualms with you, live the life the way you want. I just hate people who FAKE that stuff.

Mmmm Ragey rants.

Gotta love 'em.

Just ignore me folks venting off at a pet peeve.

Hetero, not like it matters though.

*Edit
ElephantGuts said:
MaxChaos said:
I'M BI AND SO IS MY WIFE
1. How does that add to the discussion at all?

2. Were the all caps and no punctuation necessary?

I'm wondering if I should report you for that.
Yeah I think that's reportable. I know I already hit that red button.
Quick question if you find a comment completely well pointless that could be "report" food as well right?