Biden DOJ Has Begun RAIDING Opposition Journalists, Accused Of Leaking Project Veritas Legal Memos

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Biden's death count will be higher than Trump's and he had vaccines available the whole time. And yes, the vaccine rollout wasn't full steam when Biden took office, but IIRC March was the month the vaccines really got out there at millions a day. Plus, the high-risk were given the vaccines 1st so deaths should've dropped sharply in comparison to 2020, but they didn't. An article from August 4 states that 90% of seniors were vaccinated along with 70% of adults, that's very big percentages, it's not like a majority isn't vaccinated. Who says the variant is more dangerous (as in more deadly)? All I ever heard is that it spreads better. Yes, that means it kills more faster obviously (with the same IFR) but well over 100 million Americans already had covid last year and you have those vaccination numbers too. I don't see how deaths could be the same or higher with all that immunity out there unless there's something we're not being told (especially about vaccine efficacy) because the logic doesn't make sense.

There's no data lockdowns save more people or no data mask mandates do much of anything either (there's really no difference from states that masked and those that did not). There's article today about drug overdose deaths being up 22,000 last year. There's also lots of screenings that aren't happening because of covid for cancer and diabetes (as this article states). You also have kids missing school for a whole year, getting even worse food especially for low income kids leading to worse health outcomes later in life. Since the US has no public healthcare, probably thousands died either not going to the hospital or going too late due to fear of medical bills (from mass layoffs). You show me the cost-benefit analysis that shows lockdowns save more life and I'll be for lockdowns.

Here's a cost-benefit analysis from Canada showing:
“The benefit of lockdown, therefore, was the avoidance of this extra 22,333 years of lost life. However, the cost of lockdown… was 6,300,000 years of lost life.”

"Last spring, the New Zealand Productivity Commission — a Crown agency similar to Canada’s Parliamentary Budget Officer — did a study using a metric known as Quality Adjusted Life Years to weigh the advantages of extending one of their lockdowns, and found the long-term harms were almost 100 times greater than the benefits."

Continued...

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
There's also a ton of mixed messaging from public health officials too like Fauci and the CDC. We just had 2 of the very top FDA officials quit because the Biden Administration wanted boosters but the FDA found no evidence of them being needed and the 2 FDA officials quit because of pressure from the administration. When did top public health officials quit because of pressure from Trump?

That study says literally the opposite of what you claim there.

Simply resorting to bare faced lies when everyone knows better not only makes you look bad, it suggests you've got a psychological problem accepting the truth.
For the vast majority of the population, it says masks don't work, plain and simple. And it says the most popular mask literally does nothing. If Group_A gets no benefit from something, why would force that something on that group? We see that myocarditis happens almost exclusively in young males so some countries have suspended the vaccines in that group, it wouldn't make any sense to suspend vaccines for everyone when it's only affecting one group basically. Doing things that don't provide no benefits is stupid. What psychological problem do you have forcing everyone to do something that's only beneficial for say 20% of people? It's like forcing kids to get their cavities filled when they are going to lose those baby teeth anyways.

Anyone want to link the study, so those of us missing what the fight is over can just read the damn thing?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Like, if you put a nozzle on the end of a hose, it will add resistance and slow down the volumetric flow rate from the hose. Basic physics. It will also let you shoot the water twice as far. Whether that means a person will get more or less wet from the hose is going to depend on many more factors yet unstated, but you'd look pretty dumb if you said "a nozzle decreases the volume of water escaping, so this is going to decrease the likelihood of people getting wet ceteris paribus.
Now do the same example with a cloth tied over the end of the hose.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
The room would still fill up with water. That's what happens indoors with people, the air fills up with the virus over time, it doesn't matter much at all if you just delay that a little bit. You're still with your family for hours at a time or at work with co-workers for hours a time or with friends playing a game or watching a movie for hours at a time.

Now tie a piece of cloth at the end of a hose that's pumping in gas and see what happens. Covid is airborne, not standard droplet transmission.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Ok I'll jump in on the mask debate

TLDR:
Tstorm has a point neck gaiters actually are worse than no mask and mask effectiveness varies a lot
Everyone else has a point the masks do still help to some degree except neck gaiters.

Mask effectiveness can vary wildly It's better than nothing but it could be like using pots and pans as armour rather than actual body armour, it'll do something but not a huge improvement and social distancing in public and hand washing are better options and the issue can be that people in masks feel far more protected so don't do other measure.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
If you ever have kids, I hope they don't get blown up in a war someone like Biden starts, and our MSM lies about for them to get the US involved where we have no interests.
You and your crowd were the ones calling people NOT wanting to send their kids into those wars "Terrorist sympathisers" and "pinko commies". Fuck off.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
You and your crowd were the ones calling people NOT wanting to send their kids into those wars "Terrorist sympathisers" and "pinko commies". Fuck off.
I remember this quite well how we had to go to war after 9/11 because "You're with us or with the Terrorists". And then again in Iraq, because one forever war wasn't enough.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I remember this quite well how we had to go to war after 9/11 because "You're with us or with the Terrorists". And then again in Iraq, because one forever war wasn't enough.
We're the ones that believed lies. Then Obama started treating Bush like a terrific dude instead of demanding justice for squandering trillions and getting our kids killed.

1637210078298.png

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Masks have been around for as long as we've had plagues. If they did nothing I'm pretty sure we'd've twigged on to the idea before the year of our lord 2020
a) No, masks have not been around as long as plagues.
b) I never said masks do nothing. I'm contesting that any mask automatically does something useful.
You think that if you tied a cloth over the end of a hose, you would get less wet than if the hose was just left open? I encourage you to test that theory yourself, it's going to depend what the cloth is, how it's tied, and where you're standing.
Tstorm has a point neck gaiters actually are worse than no mask and mask effectiveness varies a lot
Everyone else has a point the masks do still help to some degree except neck gaiters.
I do have a point, but this isn't it. That experiment was quantifying particles released into the air, and the gaiter cause more particles to escape into the air. Does that actually mean it spreads more virus? I don't know. Was the gaiter the same material as the other masks? Probably not. If you made a conventionally shaped mask out of that material, would it have the same effect? If you made a gaiter out of normal mask material, would it still have that effect? When these masks block some particles, does it change the trajectory of those that break through. If you wear a mask for several hours so that it is already wet from your breath, and then you sneeze, does the force launch a much of water particles that had be previous caught? There are so many variables that we don't know the effect of, "catches some virus therefore better than nothing" is complete guesswork.

So rather than test every possible thing, they asked separate groups to protect themselves in different ways and observed the end result, and did not find that the group using cloth masks was meaningfully protected. If I tried to tell you exactly why that happened, it would be just as much of a guess as saying "any mask is better than no mask", but what you can reasonably conclude from the study is that some masks aren't better than no masks at all.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
a) No, masks have not been around as long as plagues.
b) I never said masks do nothing. I'm contesting that any mask automatically does something useful.
It's in Leviticus my dude. How much older do you need it to be?

They might not have known exactly why doing certain things promoted health, but pattern recognition is powerful

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

They might not have known exactly why doing certain things promoted health, but pattern recognition is powerful
I'm pretty sure that tstorm claimed that some masks are worse than nothing

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that tstorm claimed that some masks are worse than nothing
Long as nobody fits a pressure nozzle to their face, I don't see how it's even theoretically possible that a mask is worse than literal open air.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
You guess. This is guesswork.

Like, if you put a nozzle on the end of a hose, it will add resistance and slow down the volumetric flow rate from the hose. Basic physics. It will also let you shoot the water twice as far. Whether that means a person will get more or less wet from the hose is going to depend on many more factors yet unstated, but you'd look pretty dumb if you said "a nozzle decreases the volume of water escaping, so this is going to decrease the likelihood of people getting wet ceteris paribus.
But a mask isn't a nozzle, is it?

The mask is most important as a filter. The volumetric flow rate is little changed, but the mask "catches" particles (wet or dry) in the air flow which may contain virus. That nozzle analogy is doubly inaccurate because a mask is going to reduce the velocity (especially in the direction of the mouth/nose) of any exhaled air and thus the distance of travel of exhaled particles, which is likely to be beneficial for anyone standing too close to you.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
In the shittest way possible where you de facto defended the person who was wrong...

It's a bit like grabbing this study and supporting someone who says "antihypertensive medications don't work".

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Long as nobody fits a pressure nozzle to their face, I don't see how it's even theoretically possible that a mask is worse than literal open air.
Well, it doesn't really matter. The focus here is finding any one study/piece of evidence that disagrees with a point about 'masks work'. Then you can apply it to the whole point. See how there was a couple of hundred votes that weren't certified in time during the US election. So Trump claimed that ALL the votes in the county should be excluded. Also, see how Ivermectin was only proven positive in one study but (irrelevant of the studies validity) that's apparently enough evidence. See when tstorm found one university (if I remember correctly) was running CRT outside of their law school. Thus, now you cannot say that CRT isn't being used elsewhere. But we can say it being used everywhere. Dwarvenhobble keeps brining up any trans thing relating to bathrooms, because if there is one transperson who does the wrong thing in bathroom, there is clearly many and thus we must make new laws. See how Trump criticises the media. Sometimes I agree with him but then he pretends that tis evidence means that all media has failed. Everytimes

It's really cool if you also reduce what most people said, like 'mask work better than nothing' and reduce it to 'mask work.' It makes it really easy

I'm saying this because your point doesn't prove anything in their minds. You could have 1000 types of masks and 999 are effective. But that one negative results can be used against all masks. It's just how it works. You're fighting the wrong battle

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I'm saying this because your point doesn't prove anything in their minds. You could have 1000 types of masks and 999 are effective. But that one negative results can be used against all masks. It's just how it works. You're fighting the wrong battle
It's less about fighting battles and more about exhaustedly pointing out that some people are living in a completely different reality than others. The base physics are wrong even.

Like, they have the nerve to complain about postmodernism's subjective morality and their reality's fluid dynamics work differently than ours. Not to mention that we're in a thread proclaiming doom that the FBI is raiding subjects of an ongoing federal burglary investigation innocent constantly lying grifters journalists, to the point that Pim Tool is losing his beanie over the idea that cops are going to start raiding and beating people who're critical of BLM, despite ample evidence from 2020 that no they fucking won't. Fucking pigs half blinded dozens of journalists last year while committing at least over a thousand instances of police brutality at the "no more police brutality" protests. Beatings, drive by shootings, arresting tv reporters on air, point blank shot a guy in the head with a grenade launcher, kettling thousands of people and then tear gassing them for not being able to disperse, the list goes fucking on; but this bullshit O'Keefe stuff is just a prelude for those fucks mobbing anybody that doesn't like BLM, coming from "actually a leftist I swear" Tim Pool.

Their reality is not our own, and I want to know how the internet punched a hole into subspace to give us this alternate reality feed.

Last edited:

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Biden's death count will be higher than Trump's and he had vaccines available the whole time.
Well, duh. Biden's going to have a lot more time in charge of the country with covid than Trump did. Unless he dies in the next few weeks.

And yes, the vaccine...
Oh for heaven's sake will you please stop pumping this absurd apples and oranges comparison.

Here's a cost-benefit analysis from Canada showing:
“The benefit of lockdown, therefore, was the avoidance of this extra 22,333 years of lost life. However, the cost of lockdown… was 6,300,000 years of lost life.”
Remember how I keep warning you to read the literature more widely than just cherry pick the bad papers that say what you want?

For the vast majority of the population, it says masks don't work, plain and simple.
No, it shows that the population would benefit more from using the right kind of mask.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Plagues are older than Leviticus.
But a mask isn't a nozzle, is it?
It can be. Put on a crappy, unfitted mask, exhale quickly, feel the air that finds the path of least resistance out the top or bottom of the mask.
The volumetric flow rate is little changed, but the mask "catches" particles (wet or dry) in the air flow which may contain virus.
Does it catch them permanently? Do you breath differently to maintain the volumetric flow your body needs? How long does the mask ever "catch" before is is saturated? Are you really that confident in your gut instinct of "something is better than nothing"?
That nozzle analogy is doubly inaccurate because a mask is going to reduce the velocity (especially in the direction of the mouth/nose) of any exhaled air and thus the distance of travel of exhaled particles, which is likely to be beneficial for anyone standing too close to you.
Do you know this? Do you know this for every type of fiber people are using? Is reducing outward velocity the most important variable? What if the mask is reducing velocity but directing contagion upwards, keeping it in the range of air people breath longer? I don't know, you don't either, that's why researchers did a real life test of efficacy. You have to have more faith in their results than in someone saying "it's just basic physics".
In the shittest way possible where you de facto defended the person who was wrong...
You're personally upset that I corrected the wrong wrong person, cause that person was you. I had some sympathy for that, but then you liked the "basic physics" comment, and now I don't. I'm saying true things, you're still welcome to agree with me, you don't need to support wrong people just to spite me.
See when tstorm found one university (if I remember correctly) was running CRT outside of their law school. Thus, now you cannot say that CRT isn't being used elsewhere.
You're actually using ignorance as an excuse. "Well tstorm didn't find me a comprehensive list of CRT in non-law settings, so obviously there's only one example". That's ignorance. Google "Critical Race and Ethnic Studies degree". That's a law degree. Most of the schools offering that degree are not law schools. Most of the results that show up are from regular undergraduate college of arts and sciences programs. There are copious universities that offer not just courses in CRT, but degree programs in it, outside of the context of law school, but the internet told you "CRT is only something done in upper level law schools, Fox News is dumb", and you believed them, ironically, completely uncritically.
If the context of this was just the study that got seemingly poor results from neck gaiters, you'd have a point. The context is a study that had a relatively isolated population protect themselves with cloth masks, and found no statistically significant difference in the spread of the virus relative to the control group. People actually studied the broad effect in action, found some masks aren't better than nothing, and people here are still arguing that all masks are better than nothing. It's not 999 out of 1000 masks work and I'm claiming none to. It's 500 out of 1000 might work, and they're arguing that all do.

Like, why is it controversial to conclude that you should be using good masks and not just tying t-shirt material to your face? Why is it so important to everyone that even a dirty t-shirt be better than nothing?

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
It can be.
Not in the way you imagined it.

Does it catch them permanently? Do you breath differently to maintain the volumetric flow your body needs? How long does the mask ever "catch" before is is saturated? Are you really that confident in your gut instinct of "something is better than nothing"?
Whether I'm confident of "something is better than nothing" isn't really the issue. In a situation where you are protecting yourself and other people from illness and potential death, part of being a responsible citizen means erring on the side of protection. A mask is surely not going to make things worse (at least not directly). Which to digress slightly is better than can be said for things like HCQ and IVM.

There's guidance on masks, which includes recommending medical masks and how to use them properly. The argument "if you use a mask shittily they don't work so well" no more translates to masks are useless than saying that someone not bothering to take their blood pressure meds proves those meds can't reduce blood pressure.

Do you know this for every type of fiber people are using?
Not really relevant. The failure of one treatment to work is no grounds to say no treatment works.

Is reducing outward velocity the most important variable?
No, as I've literally just explained.

What if the mask is reducing velocity but directing contagion upwards, keeping it in the range of air people breath longer? I don't know, you don't either
Actually, we kind of do, because of physics. There are studies out there examining the movement of particles in the air. It does not prove a case, but it creates an extremely strong rationale for use pending further trials.

You're personally upset that I corrected the wrong wrong person, cause that person was you.
No, I'm upset that you sit there pompously talking about "truth" whilst overtly facilitating bullshit, and even worse reckless bullshit dangerous to people's health.