Biden DOJ Has Begun RAIDING Opposition Journalists, Accused Of Leaking Project Veritas Legal Memos

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Would Clinton have told people to drink bleach? I'm guessing not.
Nor did Trump though.
Hell the only claim that happened due to Trump was because of the claims that a lifelong democrat voter with a history of Anti-Trump tweets and previous convictions for domestic abuse saw Trump on TV say about it and then for some unknown reason decided to check her fish tank cleaner and pour her husband a large cup of said cleaner because despite never believing anything Trump had said ever before the saw that hydroxychloroquine was an ingredient and totally thought it she and her husband should have some and totally strangely she survived. Totally not some-one who had a history of domestic abuse trying to off her husband and pretend it was all an accident........

Knowing Clinton she'd probably have blamed Russian for the virus and or not even talked about what was being looked into as possible things that might help.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I think we should disband the police, CIA and the military, as well as the Border patrol and use the savings for buiding a better educational. health care system and upgrading the power grid to be less carbon impactful. I'd also like a pony, because.
And then your country is invaded by a foreign power and you "surprised Pikachu face" are defenseless.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Nor did Trump though.
In some weasily way Trumpists can indeed claim that Trump never ''directly stated'' you should drink bleach to cure covid. But he did suggest it, he did show an interest in the possibility on national television while currently in the highest office of the land.

No. Technically Trump never said they should. But he did suggest they might as well, and he did legitimize it as an ''option''

The things about these ''technically correct'' defenses of Trump is that they're very rarely useful in defending him. Someone who knows what he's doing should never have approached the topic, let alone on national tv. And someone with millions of extremely impressionable followers shouldn't innocently go around making suggestions involving bleach or fish tank cleaner. Yeah, I get it. He's a manchild who's easily distracted by bright lights and funny ideas, he can never stay on topic and he's consistently unwilling to read reports. And maybe those are all very big problems. Maybe that's a sign he should never have been president to begin with. Because this is what it leads to. It leads to a president who's an outright burden during a virus, who goes on stage to legitimize stupid ideas.

Just as how Trump might have acknowledged that something by the name of covid indeed existed while still trying to downplay it and insists its just the flue that shall go away in the spring as if by magic, and suggesting the covid that actually existed, a very dangerous virus he was severely underestimating was a hoax.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Its kinda like I said though. That article hardly helps Trump.
I disagree. He was listening with his civilian ears to what science is telling him now and getting it pretty much correct. And they weren't saying drink bleach either.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I disagree. He was listening with his civilian ears to what science is telling him now and getting it pretty much correct. And they weren't saying drink bleach either.
What do you mean his "civilian ears"? By his own words:

Donald J Trump said:
My uncle was a great professor at MIT for many years. Dr. John Trump. And I didn’t talk to him about this particular subject, but I have a natural instinct for science
Donald J Trump said:
You know, my uncle was a great person. He was at MIT. He taught at MIT for, I think, like a record number of years. He was a great super genius. Dr. John Trump. I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it. Every one of these doctors said, 'How do you know so much about this? ' Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.
:rolleyes:

He was not really listening to science and getting it correct. What he was doing was extrapolating an extraordinarily stupid proposal because he does NOT understand science, and he's too much of a bragging, overconfident fool to keep his trap shut.

Reactions: Gyrobot and gorfias

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
21 million cases up to end of 2020 under Trump. About 27 million more so far under Biden. 350 000 deaths under Trump, about 430 000 under Biden to date.
So yeah, that's more, but given the death to case ratio it's not a massive difference. Trump absolutely bears responsibility for letting it gaining hold in the first place. And the majority of deaths are the stubbornly unvaccinated.
It's kinda apples and oranges to compare infections because testing at the start was very poor and many many many cases were missed. Many cases are still missed obviously.

I feel like I have to preface this every time but I'm not by any means saying Trump did a good job or anything, but blaming Trump for more than maybe like 5% of the deaths is beyond ridiculous. No president would've done much more or much less than he did and nobody would've acted fast enough to actually make a major difference. Outside of very early locking down of the country from foreign travel and getting very lucky that nobody caring the virus didn't sneak in beforehand while then having a really good testing system setup for everyone coming in (Americans coming home, immigrants, etc), there was no way you majorly change the spread and amount of deaths. The US is just too open to have been able to that honestly and it's really nobody's fault. Humans think we can control things that are really rather uncontrollable and any policies put foward from the President wasn't going to changed the number of covid deaths that much, maybe 5-10% at best. And then you gotta ask yourself if you actually caused more good than harm by doing whatever you did to save those lives because everything you do does have benefits and harms.

And the hypocrisy of saying Trump did a horrid job when what has Biden done that Trump didn't do?
US covid deaths to Jan 31st (Trump): ~470,000
US covid deaths to date: ~780,000
Therefore covid deaths under Biden = 780,000-470,000 = 310,000.

So, that's plainly not true.

Ah, the eternal bullshit get-out of "but what if X was in charge" to excuse incompetence.

I think likely Clinton would have taken in seriously and have got going on planning a halfway (or better) useful national covid response. Rather than what Trump did, which was twiddle his thumbs and hope everything turned out okay whilst telling everyone it was just the 'flu. And then having to run round in circles flapping desperately for months trying to look like his administration was doing something, before just abandoning all pretence at usefulness and instead undermining individual states initiatives to control covid.
I was just going by the fact I saw an article saying covid deaths in 2021 surpassed 2020 deaths in the US. And the fact that Biden has had vaccines available his whole presidency and Trump didn't would lead to Biden's deaths being way less than Trump. For all the complaining the democrats did about Trump's handling of the pandemic surely they knew all what should be done, right? So what has Biden done to lower deaths that Trump didn't? Surely with vaccines available the whole time and the democrats obviously knowing exactly what to do, Biden should be crushing covid, right? But he's not.

What bullshit? Fauci told NYC on February 29th that EVERYTHING IS FINE. You think a democrat would've done anything earlier than Trump when the expert (that the democrats do very much like) is saying everything is OK? Come on! Also a lot of the covid response isn't done on the federal level anyway, it's done on the state level so governors are actually more important than the President anyway in regards to covid. No president was going to greatly impact the amount of deaths, that's just what it is.

Reactions: gorfias

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
And the fact that Biden has had vaccines available his whole presidency and Trump didn't would lead to Biden's deaths being way less than Trump.
Republicans are literally not wearing masks or avoiding crowds or getting vaccinated out of spite, and the rightwing disinformation machine is egging them on to their deaths.

Reactions: Thaluikhain

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Republicans are literally not wearing masks or avoiding crowds or getting vaccinated out of spite, and the rightwing disinformation machine is egging them on to their deaths.
Phoenix knows all about being anti-vaxx. It's almost hilarious to see him arguing about COVID deaths being bad when he's been against literally every meagre pandemic prevention taken while promoting shit like HCQ and ivermectin...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
That's not their fault though. It's the fault of the people telling them to get vaccinated, which they should've known would make republicans angry, and then not want to take it because we told them they should. It's our fault for republicans not liking us and then advising them to save their own lives. What choice do they have, really!?

(And yes, that was sarcasm. Which I feel the need to point out due to fearing more idiots taking this at face value and spreading even more anti-vax garbage.)

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Masks don't do anything (Bangladesh study). How is forcing those that aren't dying from covid to get vaccinated going to lower deaths much at all? Because that's what Biden is doing. The people dying from covid are people that aren't getting mandated to get the vaccine.

Phoenix knows all about being anti-vaxx. It's almost hilarious to see him arguing about COVID deaths being bad when he's been against literally every meagre pandemic prevention taken while promoting shit like HCQ and ivermectin...
You do realize the vast majority of the world (including 1st world countries) is anti-vax from the asinine definition. Remdesivir has the same data as ivermectin and is given to hospital patients willy nilly with a worse safety profile. My problem is the double standard. Either both should be recommended or neither should be. Remdesivir has been proven not to work while ivermectin is still waiting on the trials to be finished at least.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I was just going by the fact I saw an article saying covid deaths in 2021 surpassed 2020 deaths in the US.
Well, shoulda thought harder, then.

And the fact that Biden has had vaccines available his whole presidency and Trump didn't would lead to Biden's deaths being way less than Trump. For all the complaining the democrats did about Trump's handling of the pandemic surely they knew all what should be done, right? So what has Biden done to lower deaths that Trump didn't? Surely with vaccines available the whole time and the democrats obviously knowing exactly what to do, Biden should be crushing covid, right? But he's not.
The vaccines have technically been available since about the end of December. However, it also takes time to roll them out: Biden could not realistically have altered the timetable by which they were (there are only so much vaccine and so many vaccinators, after all) meaning that in practice for months of his presidency vaccines were not available for much of the populace. Plus that a new and more dangerous variant of the virus arrived, and of course that large numbers of people refuse vaccination, many because of bullshit put out by - you guessed it - Trump/Republican/right-wing aligned media and individuals.

The other factor is that Trump controlled covid... no wait, scratch that, Trump controlled pretty much nothing at all, he left it to the states. States applied their own lockdown procedures to contain covid, and that was critical in mitigating the spread in 2020. Come 2021, almost no states want to do lockdowns, mask mandates, etc.: the idea being that vaccination does enough. And to explain some of this, take a look no further than yourself, as someone who throws a hissy fit at the idea of having to mask up, vaccinate, etc. Kinda hard for anyone to crush covid with people like you around.

What bullshit? Fauci told NYC on February 29th that EVERYTHING IS FINE. You think a democrat would've done anything earlier than Trump when the expert (that the democrats do very much like) is saying everything is OK? Come on! Also a lot of the covid response isn't done on the federal level anyway, it's done on the state level so governors are actually more important than the President anyway in regards to covid. No president was going to greatly impact the amount of deaths, that's just what it is.
It's nice to see you recognise the powers of the president are limited, although the sensible thing to do would be to incorporate that idea earlier and not write a "But Biden's worse than Trump" in the first place.

The president however can still do lots of things. He could help co-ordinate at a national level and between states, provide consistent and accurate public health messaging, arrange national-level responses. To be fair, Trump was not completely negligent at this. Nevertheless, and not to rehash at length what is already known, he wasted weeks of valuable prep time doing nothing, then went into overdrive with substantial chaos and ineffectuality (in some cases undermining state covid responses) and mixed messaging. This because he was more interested grandstanding with stupid and pointless TV appearances and fighting his petty personal grudges against journalists and other politicians than worrying about the thousands of Americans dying every day. Trump's inadequacy as a president is only exceeded by his inadequacy as a human being.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Masks don't do anything (Bangladesh study).
That study says literally the opposite of what you claim there.

Simply resorting to bare faced lies when everyone knows better not only makes you look bad, it suggests you've got a psychological problem accepting the truth.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
That study says literally the opposite of what you claim there.

Simply resorting to bare faced lies when everyone knows better not only makes you look bad, it suggests you've got a psychological problem accepting the truth.
You know what the study says, you know exactly what Phoenix is saying, and pretending not to is pretty much pure hypocrisy when accusing someone of lying. That study does not say literally the opposite.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Anyone want to link the study, so those of us missing what the fight is over can just read the damn thing?