Big Iron On His Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
"Big Iron" is definitely my favorite NV song, although "Heartaches By The Number" is great as well. I prefer Robbie Williams' version of "Ain't That A Kick In The Head", however.

I'd like to have seen "Return to Sender" (SO appropriate) and "Viva Las Vegas". And I'm not even a fan of the King.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
zala-taichou said:
The repeating music became really annoying at times, but there were some good songs.

Like this one:

This one's my favorite as well. :3

After having a heavily modded Fallout 3 that added 100+ new songs to GNR.... New Vegas' selection feels REALLY limited. :(

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
tomvw said:
I know there was a mod for Fallout 3 that added more songs to GNR ([a href="http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1418"]GNR - More Where That Came From[/a]), so hopefully somebody will refurbish it for New Vegas, shouldn't be that much work.

Also, isn't there a music only station (without the commentary), or did I imagine it?
Here's the New Vegas Extender, have fun

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36835

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Big iron is my favorite, listening to it 3 times in a row would not bother me =P
But yeah, theres a tiny track list in NV. I was a bit disapointed.

Johnny Guitar is the new Crazy in Love, as in I hate it so much.

(Also is it just me or does every station play the same set of songs just with different DJs?)

Spectre39

Oct 6, 2008
I don't get at all why some of you guys prefer "Big Iron". I mean sure it fits the theme of the west, but doesn't it grate on you when they drag out the lyrics like that? It's really obnoxious and it bugs the hell out of me.

And yes, Johnny Guitar can die in a fire. It may have been romantic or maybe even entertaining in its time, but by today's standards it just sounds like a whiny 13 year old girl in love with some dude she doesn't even know.

I don't understand why the same playlist is spammed across all the radio stations. The only variety you get is the show hosts. You get the option of nobody, Mr. New Vegas, or Best Friend Tabitha.

What I typically do if load up a song to play on my Xbox360 dashboard and pause it. That somehow mutes the Fallout Radio music while still allowing me to hear the news bulletins.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
I like most of the songs in New Vegas actually, though yeah, the soundtrack could be expanded a little. My favourites are probably 'Big Iron', 'Heartaches by the Number' and 'Lone Star', mostly because they're so catchy. The only one I don't really like much is 'Johnny Guitar'. It's just too downbeat and depressing sounding.

Personally I liked the choice of a radio station without commentary. Mainly because Three Dog got extremely irritating after a while in Fallout 3. Black Mountain Radio is pretty entertaining though.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
Big iron isn't so bad.

But as for Johnny MOTHER-BUSSING Guitar? DIEEEEE.
After about 40 hours I hear a new song I haven't heard before then Johnny Bussing Guitar. God that song got old fast.

I'm so thankful for radio mods.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
BIG IRON ON HIS HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!

Dear New Vegas, you need more songs. Because Big Iron just cross-faded into Big Iron. Twice in a row. That's the same song 3 times in a row, without a news break.
Incidentally, the reason is a radio bug (that they still haven't patched). The MP3 for "Stars of the Midnight Range" exists in the game, but "Big Iron" plays instead. So sometimes, yes, it gives you "Big Iron" three times in a row.

I haven't played New Vegas in weeks and Big Iron is still stuck in my head.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Yeah not a big fan of the era music which is regretable because I do like hearing the news reports, but music really is counter immersive in my personal estimation. It tanks the vibe.

So much so that I get annoyed going into places like the strip where you cant turn the damned music off.

So yea, I just leave the radio off. I might occasionally right after a story arc element has been completed, turn it on to listen for a news report, and once ive heard what theve had to say I shut it off again.

tawmus

Apr 28, 2010
I know someone mentioned it, but seriously, NO ELVIS? Big Iron is good and all, but no El Paso? Seriously, Honky Tonk Man by Johnny Horton should have made it. More Sinatra/Martin would have been nice too. Oh well, there is always mods.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
I did prefer fallout 3s sound track to new vegas including 3 dog but my favourite new vegas song is Blue Moon

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Smugleaf said:
I was so dissapointed when I found out Civilisation wasn't in New Vegas.
Awesomeness.
I swear I heard an instrumental jazz version of that on the radio once and started freaking out, except no one else played Fallout 3, so they didn't get it... but I swear I heard it.

The thing is... Fallout 3 had a ton of great songs that I really loved and memorized the words to. New Vegas's radio was just... bland in comparison. I mean, it's fitting, but I don't like it as much. And when you hear the same, bland songs 300 times in a row... it gets tiring.

"It's a sin... to tell... a lie..."

I actually bought an Ink Spots record because I liked their music from Fallout...

tomvw

Feb 5, 2009
theSovietConnection said:
tomvw said:
I know there was a mod for Fallout 3 that added more songs to GNR ([a href="http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1418"]GNR - More Where That Came From[/a]), so hopefully somebody will refurbish it for New Vegas, shouldn't be that much work.

Also, isn't there a music only station (without the commentary), or did I imagine it?
Here's the New Vegas Extender, have fun

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36835
Good sir, you just made my day! Thanks for the tip!

bartman675

Jul 16, 2009
the game is set in a post nuclear Apocalypse world, any music in the fallout universe has been salvaged.

Zedar0

Should probably make use of this
Aug 12, 2009
I find that the song repetition is an acceptable trade-off for Three Dog reporting about my deeds in Grayditch every single news break (or indeed reporting about events that have yet to take place). Plus, I liked the NV songs better overall.