Biggest fear?

jamesbong00spliff

Aug 27, 2008
matnatz said:
JanatUrlich said:
I am absolutely terrified of cartoons. Ren and Stimpy use to scare me when I was little and I almost had to stop watching Animatrix. I was 15. That's how stupid my fear is
Hey that's not strange. I actually couldnt watch the Animatrix either, I was 13, but to be fair people were being torn apart by robots. I couldn't watch the bit where the humans were fighting the robots in the trenches and the humans were just getting slaughtered. I don't know what it was becuase I'm very desensitized to violence.

here's the bit I' mtalking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ylF7VZJg_k&feature=related
It was the whole brain probing thing that got to me. Gawsh!

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
Failure, It destroys me. Thats why I'm worried about my exams. I don't want to go back to a dead-end job what made me stupid and unable to learn. I got depressed when I didn't have a job as well...

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
My fear is doing gynastics. It's very lame but it was because I nearly broke my neck on a trampoline when I was young.

Gulzt

May 4, 2009
RetiarySword said:
Failure, It destroys me. Thats why I'm worried about my exams. I don't want to go back to a dead-end job what made me stupid and unable to learn. I got depressed when I didn't have a job as well...
As I wrote earlier:
To deal with failure, start wondering why you care so much about results. If you don't focus on results, success & failure becomes unimportant.

HellRaid

Mar 19, 2009
I'm afraid of AIDS.

No, really. Being slowly killed off by an unstoppable and unforeseeable disease is not cool.

supermaster1337

Apr 22, 2009
you mean to say there would be 70% less of every religion. That is what religion does, a basic moral way to tell somebody what happens when they die.

Im not religious but i still fear it. you are right though there would be less.
Gulzt said:
carnkhan4 said:
Biggest irrational fear for me is the fear of failure.
Biggest rational fear is, as for most people, DEATH.
Any kind of fear is both rational and irrational.

Most fears you find in your life you can learn to deal with though.. in case of "fear of death": there is so much literature about"Outer body experiences and near-death experiences". Gaining some knowledge about the stories and believes about a subject can help you decrease any fear to an acceptable level.
To deal with failure, start wondering why you care so much for results. If you don't focus to much on results, success & failure becomes less important.

On a sidenote: I believe if people were less affraid of death, there would be 70% less christians.

ropeytwo

Jul 15, 2009
supermaster1337 said:
I am just wondering what are your fears. i have 2. one of them happens constantly while the other can only happen once.

biggest fear is THE FEAR OF WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DEATH
Im not religous and im terrified of what happens, nothing, just gone forever? It terrifies me.
I feel your pain there. I find myself thinking about that alot, and it scares the shit out of me.
I'm also deathly afraid of long needles.

supermaster1337

Apr 22, 2009
ropeytwo said:
supermaster1337 said:
I am just wondering what are your fears. i have 2. one of them happens constantly while the other can only happen once.

biggest fear is THE FEAR OF WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DEATH
Im not religous and im terrified of what happens, nothing, just gone forever? It terrifies me.
I feel your pain there. I find myself thinking about that alot, and it scares the shit out of me.
I'm also deathly afraid of long needles.
Which is why I am never getting a tatoo.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Just spiders, almost got rid of my other fears. Scared of heights so jumped off cliffs, now its one of the best summer activitys. :)

Was going to buy a tarantula to look after, my thinking being if it's something I'm looking after ill see it as helpless and not trying to kill me. But I couldn't even open up the websites to research it etc. Dunno how I'm going to solve this one.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Fat Man Spoon said:
Zombie_Fish said:
Injection needles. Needed to have 4 stuck into each of my feet for an operation last year. Hurt like hell.
In your feet? Why?

OT:Things that arn't there.
Anaesthetic. They were operating on my feet.

superspartan004

Jul 3, 2009
heights, it's odd though because I can't stand anything between 30-1000 feet, yet in an airplane looking down I'm completely fine

Eatspeeple

Jun 18, 2009
I used to be afraid of all sorts of things, but recently I've developed a more laid back attitude. Death is inevitable, so fuck everything (METAPHORICALLY!) and have a good time. Christ that could have sounded wrong.

Motti

Jan 26, 2009
Insects in general, massive, poisonous spiders in particular. Good thing I live in Australia huh?