biggest flaw in a console

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
Every fucking 360 problem. My first got E74. My second got a broken disc drive. My current is close to getting a RROD. Microsoft needs to get there act together.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Irridium said:
Pi_Fighter said:
iJosh said:
Red Ring Of Death.
That doesn't really count because it is coverred in the warranty.
Then how about this:

The way the 360 scratches disks because of its stupid-ass disk drive
I dont understand, I don't get either of these problems.

I have one of the originals, I've had it for several years, and I've never got the RRoD and my disks are in great condition =S

elitecrewer

Apr 22, 2009
Biggest flaw in a console... not being a PC?

Seriously, it's either the 360's reliability issues or the Wii's motion controls.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong, it's either Error 13/16 for Xbox360. It's the only thing Microsoft don't cover in the warranty apparently. So the one thing that would cause most inconvenience is pretty much unfixable.

I think Error 13/16 wipes your HD (Hard Drive.)

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Parallel Streaks said:
The fact everybody under-estimates the Wii's graphics-maker-doohicky. They think it's like the frigging Snes, when it actually is capable of playing games a bit more advanced than say, Red Steel. Graphics wise.
I think I read somewhere that while it isn't quite as powerful as the other two, it has some other graphics rendering thing that if used right could make games look about as good as on the 360. This was also used in Starfox Adventures. It's been a while and it's probably not that reliable, though.

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
iJosh said:
Pi_Fighter said:
iJosh said:
Red Ring Of Death.
That doesn't really count because it is coverred in the warranty.
It still affects the gamers doesn't it? And it is a flaw. Sure you can get a new one, but that one will get RRoD too.
Indeed, and according to the lovely lady on the phone service, the 2nd RRoDing xbox isn't, I was under the impression that an entirely new machine would get a new warranty, but apparently not.

Microsoft, you bastards

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
piers789 said:
...and thats why I'm a P.C. gamer.
Okay, have you been answering the OPs question? No...
Have you contributed in any other way to this discussion? No...
Does this even have ANYTHING to do with the topic? No...

Well, obviously, you just felt to do some hating. But let me ask you: are you saying, with PCs, there are less (hardware/software-)problems than with consoles?
Please note I'm no fanboy. I use both consoles and computers.

@Pi_Fighter: The RRoD a minor nuisance? Come on, you can't be serious.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
1. Too expensive (you can't buy it)
2. It breaks down just when you have time to play it (you can't play)
3. It doesn't have the game that you want to play available (expensive ornament rather than entertainment device)
4. The game that you want to play is buggy crappy port from another platform and is not fun (profit maxing corps give port job to lowest bidder)
5. Game medium is fragile, gets scratched (unplayable) and game company is unsympathetic to you plight (get new game, or don't play)
6. Input device is awkward and unintuitive (tennis thumbs, oh yea)
7. You realize that your friends console actually is better than yours. (looser)
8. Your console is a noisy racket maker that drowns out the awesome sound effects with its deafening drone

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Atari 5200's downfall was that The controller sucked, and there were no backwards compatible games from the 2600.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
A random person said:
I think I read somewhere that while it isn't quite as powerful as the other two, it has some other graphics rendering thing that if used right could make games look about as good as on the 360.
No. It doesn't have either the feature set to produce the right effects, or the horsepower use the textures or resolutions the XB is capable of. Whoever wrote that, is a diehard fan-boy with no regard for tech specs.

Of course, I am sure Tetris will look equally unimpressive on both platforms, if that is what you mean with "look about as good as on the 360".

meece

Apr 15, 2008
Xbox live - I'm not going to pay my ISP & mircosoft to game online when my comp can; therefore no xbox, ever.

ideitbawx

Jan 4, 2008
Gladion said:
piers789 said:
...and thats why I'm a P.C. gamer.
Okay, have you been answering the OPs question? No...
Have you contributed in any other way to this discussion? No...
Does this even have ANYTHING to do with the topic? No...

Well, obviously, you just felt to do some hating. But let me ask you: are you saying, with PCs, there are less (hardware/software-)problems than with consoles?
Please note I'm no fanboy. I use both consoles and computers.
i salute you both for such ridiculousness.

1. the 360 and ps3 are essentially home pc's with no keyboard. if you can't see that, then you're thick. (i try to avoid using sentences like the last one, but honestly, what's the difference?)

2. i'll just pretend the blue screen of death doesn't exist, and that keyboard controls are often confusing at first (not to mention the useless start menu & right-click menu buttons on every pc keyboard i've ever seen; do you have any idea how many games crashed on me because i accidentally hit the start menu button instead of alt? i have one keyboard where i popped those fuckers out with a screwdriver)

i've owned several pc's over the years--i still remember playing the original duke nukem--and haven't owned a console in over a decade because, well, i really don't care. my friends use their consoles the way i use my laptop, so i see no difference between any of the systems, other than you can generally take apart a pc and add parts a lot easier than a console. it's not something i do, but i know it can be done.

one other thing: you can usually just restart your computer and it'll work fine again. if a console has a software issue, you're SOL; hope the warranty's still good

The Political Gamer

Oct 12, 2008
Raw Power: PC > Consoles
Control: PC > Consoles
Customization: PC > Consoles
# of Games: PC > Consoles
# of Free Games: PC > Consoles
# of Mic Spamming 10 year olds and Fanboys: Consoles > PC

Andy_Panthro

Man of Science
May 3, 2009
Exclusive games/content.

Means you have to decide on a console for the games it has available, rather than for the best utility.

Sony complain about the PS3 having the best hardware, but the Xbox360 has the more popular games.

Lacking backwards compatability also is a big issue.

Still, I will always prefer my PC, haven't bought a console since the Megadrive (Genesis for the US!).

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Joos said:
A random person said:
I think I read somewhere that while it isn't quite as powerful as the other two, it has some other graphics rendering thing that if used right could make games look about as good as on the 360.
No. It doesn't have either the feature set to produce the right effects, or the horsepower use the textures or resolutions the XB is capable of. Whoever wrote that, is a diehard fan-boy with no regard for tech specs.

Of course, I am sure Tetris will look equally unimpressive on both platforms, if that is what you mean with "look about as good as on the 360".
No, it was a fairly dubious article. Don't know why I bought it up.

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
Wasder said:
Oh this reeks of fanboy. Havingto send off for a new one is not a "minor nuisance".
I don't own a 360, so I have no idea how this could be misconstrued as fanboyism...
Stating facts =/= fanboyism.

Gladion said:
@Pi_Fighter: The RRoD a minor nuisance? Come on, you can't be serious.
It gets repaired free of charge.
Can you not bear to be without a 360 for a couple of weeks at most?

Irridium said:
The way the 360 scratches disks because of its stupid-ass disk drive
No idea.
As I said above, I don't own a 360.
None of my friends who on either the original or the 360 have ever had problems with disk scratching. If you had problems it may have been because the disk drive was damaged.

paladinkratos

Mar 25, 2009
classyplatypus said:
the entire Wii console
Exactly thier is no skill involved in it if you just swing around randomly you can do an insane combo but then never do it again because you realised that you dropped the wii mote which caused the amazing combo