biggest flaw in a console

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
ideitbawx said:
2. i'll just pretend the blue screen of death doesn't exist, and that keyboard controls are often confusing at first (not to mention the useless start menu & right-click menu buttons on every pc keyboard i've ever seen; do you have any idea how many games crashed on me because i accidentally hit the start menu button instead of alt? i have one keyboard where i popped those fuckers out with a screwdriver)
Don't you realise what the Start/Windows button is for? It's for shortcuts.. For example, Start + E brings up the explorer screen and Start + F brings up the search screen. Not to mention the usefulness for people who didn't have a mouse back in the day or if your mouse crashes during a session.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Parallel Streaks said:
The fact everybody under-estimates the Wii's graphics-maker-doohicky. They think it's like the frigging Snes, when it actually is capable of playing games a bit more advanced than say, Red Steel. Graphics wise.
This pisses me off too. People assume the Wii just can't create the same kind of graphics as the 360 or PS3, but take one look at Mario Galaxy and all thats thrown out of the window. The Wii is capable of so much more, people just arn't pushing the it hard enough.

zeroharpuia

Mar 31, 2009
N64: Terrible Control Sticks that stop holding their position
PS1\2: Load Times
Xbox360: Red Rings of Death
PS3: Price$$
Wii: Third Party Titles in general (you know what I mean)

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
SomeBritishDude said:
Parallel Streaks said:
The fact everybody under-estimates the Wii's graphics-maker-doohicky. They think it's like the frigging Snes, when it actually is capable of playing games a bit more advanced than say, Red Steel. Graphics wise.
This pisses me off too. People assume the Wii just can't create the same kind of graphics as the 360 or PS3, but take one look at Mario Galaxy and all thats thrown out of the window. The Wii is capable of so much more, people just arn't pushing the it hard enough.
Well yeah maybe. But, you can't put halo 3 or killzone 2 on it. Which is why people say that its graphics are limited.

Apr 28, 2008
WrongSprite said:
Irridium said:
Pi_Fighter said:
iJosh said:
Red Ring Of Death.
That doesn't really count because it is coverred in the warranty.
Then how about this:

The way the 360 scratches disks because of its stupid-ass disk drive
I dont understand, I don't get either of these problems.

I have one of the originals, I've had it for several years, and I've never got the RRoD and my disks are in great condition =S
wow, I hate you, my old xbox got the RRoD 3 freaking times, and it killed 3 of my favorite games, Crackdown, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and Mass Effect, all of which I had to buy back which combined costed me about $100, not including the money I had to spend on a new xbox, because after my old 360 got its third RRoD after being "fixed", I destroyed it with a sledghammer.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
H'okay, I think I know why some people never get RRoD and some always get it: The ones that dont have an original Xbox, (Or an Arcade, I think thats the same) Like me and a few of my friends who've never had the RRoD, but people with the elite etc tend to get it, it might be something to do with the extra memory, but I dont really know, Im not a tech nazi. This is just my theory, becuase my original xbox friends never get it, but the two people I know with elite and that one in between have gotten it more than twice each.

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
The N64 was my favorite system as a kid. However, its main flaw overall was their reluctance to use CD technology over Cartridge.

However, these days I can still play my N64 games when all my friends PS1 games are all scratched too much to be playable.

ideitbawx

Jan 4, 2008
headshotcatcher said:
ideitbawx said:
... (not to mention the useless start menu & right-click menu buttons on every pc keyboard i've ever seen; do you have any idea how many games crashed on me because i accidentally hit the start menu button instead of alt? ...
Don't you realise what the Start/Windows button is for? It's for shortcuts.. For example, Start + E brings up the explorer screen and Start + F brings up the search screen. Not to mention the usefulness for people who didn't have a mouse back in the day or if your mouse crashes during a session.
i know exactly what it's for, and i know exactly how to use it; but every time i hit it by mistake during a game, it exits my game, brings be back to the desktop, and flips up the stupid start menu! what's worse, half my games will generally crash when you try to bring them back up again!! it's frustrating, especially if you've spent like half an hour or more between savepoints and have to start again from square one!

i seem a bit hasty in my text, but it's one thing that always pisses me off about pc games. but that's not the developers' fault; it's a mix of microsoft's "seemed good at the time" ideas, and my own personal retardation

angel34

Jan 16, 2009
BillyWentBoom said:
PS3 - Darn Updates, Lack of Backwards Compatiblity
I won't argue with the updates, there a nightmare but the original 60gb ps3's had Backwards Compatiblity, so there is some lucky folks like me with it :)