biggest flaw in a console

MrNades

Jan 14, 2009
Well I have a PS2 and it's disk drive won't open but I can still plat the game that's in there.... but Ratchet and Clank get boring after a while.

MrNades

Jan 14, 2009
ANTI-SANTA said:
MrNades said:
Well I have a PS2 and it's disk drive won't open but I can still plat the game that's in there.... but Ratchet and Clank get boring after a while.
Wow, I don't think anyone still had those.
Dude I still have a SNES and an original Gameboy.

Doom Marine

May 21, 2009
Biggest flaw is probobly trying and make them more of PC then Console.

I just dont see how can that turn out but fail :p

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Adding BluRay to the PS3. All it did was make sure it'd be too expensive fo most people to want to buy, unless you desperately wanted one of the exclusive ps3 titles.

ThisNewGuy

Apr 28, 2009
Pi_Fighter said:
iJosh said:
Red Ring Of Death.
That doesn't really count because it is coverred in the warranty.
yes, because warranty is a magic word that makes RROD disappear. Warranty somehow fixes RROD so that it is no longer a hassle or a problem. Yay for warranty. I wish every company would extend warranty rather than actually FIXING THE F***ING PROBLEM.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
Ring of death on the game disc, lost 3 games to that. Size and shape of the PS3, it's a George Foreman grill... But the worst is how the companies nickles and dimes you for anything, from online content to console hardware and repairs. Sure the 360 has some bad flaws but it doesn't make it crappy in anyway. The PC can still get millions types of viruses and it cost more to keep upgrading than consoles.

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
Tim Buck II said:
Not to be rude, but if you don't own a 360, then why are you talking about it like you're an expert? I'm assuming you read a lot about it?
Yeah, I have read a lot about it.
Back when I was weighing up whether on not to invest in the current generation of consoles.

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
ANTI-SANTA said:
Pi_Fighter said:
jthm said:
You either used the stick, or the d-pad in rare instances and always the buttons. How does that equal 3 hand use?
Three hands are necessary to be able to reach all the buttons, the stick and the d-pad simultaneously.
I've been a console gamer since the time of the SNES, and no game I have EVER played needs you to use both sticks and the D-pad at the same time. I think your just a PC fanboy who thought this be the perfect opertunity to rip on us console gamers, aren't you?
And once again I am forced to repeat myself verbatim.

Actually, for you I won't bother.

People such as you are the reason that I was in doubt as to whether or not I should continue to use these forums.

It would seem that you are the metaphorical straw too many.

I believe I am the first person in the history of the internet to say:
"L4st p0st!!!11!!1! (With the possible exception of The May Art Competition)"

Lord_Jaroh

Ad-Free Finally!
Apr 24, 2007
ANTI-SANTA said:
Pi_Fighter said:
jthm said:
You either used the stick, or the d-pad in rare instances and always the buttons. How does that equal 3 hand use?
Three hands are necessary to be able to reach all the buttons, the stick and the d-pad simultaneosly.
I've been a console gamer since the time of the SNES, and no game I have EVER played needs you to use both sticks and the D-pad at the same time. I think your just a PC fanboy who thought this be the perfect opertunity to rip on us console gamers, aren't you?
You should play Monster Hunter...

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Also, do you have any idea how much power the PS3 consumes?!? At least the 360 has a power box to stop itself from sucking so much power it blows a fuse.
My little brother got a PS3 for christmas, and their power bill has gone by at least $20. That doesn't sound like much, but it really fucking matters in the long run.
Do you have an idea?

PS3 Idle = 185W
PS3 Gaming = 199.7W

XBox 360 Idle = 176W
XBox 360 Gaming = 186W

9W difference idle
13W difference gaming

That's peanuts difference in the real world. Not even enough to light a room with the weakest bulb you can buy off the shelf, anyone who could actually notice a difference in their power consumption as a result of swapping an XBox 360 for a PS3 is quite simply talking out of their arse.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Red Ring of Death, Followed by the DVD-Rom failure rate of the first PS2s.. and then the 10-NES Code, requiring people to blow spit into their NES cartridges for years, because the system failed to recognize a game with the slightest bit of dust in it.

Fallingwater

Mar 20, 2009
Controls, since consoles have existed.
It'd be so simple to put a trackball on a controller... but nooo, let's dumb down games so they can be played with joysticks. *sigh*

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
My major problem with my PC is that things work well, but sporadically. I love my PC and I would still get things for it if it worked consistently. My PS3 is always reliable.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
iJosh said:
Sure you can get a new one, but that one will get RRoD too.
I beg to differ. The later 360s have been updated. My Elite is approaching a year and a half now. I've beat the shit out of it. Its been at LAN parties with less-than-resposible gamers, it's been knocked off shelves (and no scratches on the disc), it's suffered power surges in unprotected outlets, I carry it around a lot, and it's been left running accidentally overnight at least half a dozen times. I don't know if I just got a good one or if the Elites are just better, or what, but the fucking thing is indestructible.

Now getting it right the second time around is no excuse for going a whole year with a 33% failure rate, but the problem is no longer as bad as it once was. Unless you buy used or refurbished. Especially from GameSlop. Then you're just asking for it.

Jan 23, 2009
The Political Gamer said:
Raw Power: PC > Consoles
Control: PC > Consoles
Customization: PC > Consoles
# of Games: PC > Consoles
# of Free Games: PC > Consoles
# of Mic Spamming 10 year olds and Fanboys: Consoles > PC
while I agree

# of Patches needed to get games working: PC > Consoles
# of times you actually own the game you bought: Consoles > PC
# of times you crash: PC > Consoles

given all that though, I feel the good outweighs the bad... and I dont own a console, theyre for kids.