Biggest pain you've ever felt?

Sablestick

Jul 18, 2011
Citric acid based air freshener after a hot shower. All I'll say is, it was very agonizing and painful, I will not divulge how it happened.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
Being in labor with no epidural for 10 hours. (I finally got one after that.) Somehow, I managed to drive myself to the hospital. As for ingrown toenails, I hate those things. I have also had a kidney infection while I was pregnant and that was terrible. And... I accidentally chopped part of my finger off. I had to go to the ER for that and well, my cousin was attending that night and threw up. Funny story.

Dosvidonya

Nov 25, 2011
I was fixing one of my controllers that had stopped working. Turns out a defective battery had ruptured and melted the case to the body, but I didn't know that. So when I tried to remove the battery case and it didn't work, I pulled harder and it flung off along with the leaking battery which splashed the lower part of my face and the inside of my mouth with battery acid. Luckily, battery acid isn't strong enough to burn through skin quickly, so if you wash it off fast enough it won't burn. Unfortunately, the tissue inside your mouth isn't so thick and that burned/melted quite fast. I managed to spit most of it out, which looked like I was vomiting blood and blackish tar almost horror movie like, and so no serious permanent damage was done. Still the pain was excruciating and it lasted for a week. Ever since then the tissue in my mouth is weak enough to the point where if I eat something that is slightly on the burnt side, like toast, my mouth bleeds.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Too hard to pin point. I've dislocated joints, broken fingers, toes and my foot, rolled ankles, torn tendons, torn hamstrings, pulled calves and stepped on lego. Football is a shit sport anyway.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Testicular torsion. Even the name makes it sound painful.

I was making out with a girl for a good 30 minutes, all the while I was in an uncomfortable position on the couch. The... "arousal", mixed with jeans and the weird way I was laying on the couch with her ended up taking it's toll on my goods. I managed to drive home, somehow walked out of my car and told my mom something was wrong, which wasn't a pleasant conversation.

Seriously, it's legitimately hard to type this. Luckily enough it wasn't permanently damaged, so I ended up sitting in the bath tub for a few hours and managed to pull myself to bed and passed out from all the Excedrin I took.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
A spinal tap is the most intense pain I've felt. I've had two, and I passed out during both despite a huge application of painkillers both times. Still, the pain didn't linger, unlike with really bad injuries... which brings me to the time a man applied a 9mm slug to my person using an old russian handgun. What it lacked in intensity was made up for in aching during recovery. So I guess overall that was worse... but for sheer intensity, nothing beats a needle straight into your spinal cord.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Skillock said:
Passing a kidney stone. Like pissing liquid fire razor blades.
This about a million times over. Pissing out my first kidney stone was the most painful thing ever. The second and hopefully last one was a little bit better due to the home remedy I tried out which was one cup of lemon juice cut with one cup of water. The extra acid helped dissolve the mostly calcium stone until it just slipped out. Now I make sure to drink plenty of fluids every day to keep this from happening again.

snowpuppy

Feb 18, 2011
I went on holiday down to the coast when I was younger. I noticed a small blue-green caterpillar on my arm, flicking the small creature off of my arm, we continued on to the beach. Little did I know it had just emerged from my shirt and slowly my back gets itchy, an more itchy and OH MY GOD ARHHG! unbearable itch all over my back, I ended up ripping my shirt over my head and sprinting into the water in the hopes it may help, thank god it did, but that night I was sunburnt so my hippyesque Aunt proscribes me some aloe vera (usually a good idea), however whatever is in aloe vera combined with my caterpillar "bite" when down like a paper factory filled with petrol, oh god it burned, all night, all day for the next two days, a mix of bug poison and sunburn... It was horrible.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
loc978 said:
A spinal tap is the most intense pain I've felt. I've had two, and I passed out during both despite a huge application of painkillers both times. Still, the pain didn't linger, unlike with really bad injuries... which brings me to the time a man applied a 9mm slug to my person using an old russian handgun. What it lacked in intensity was made up for in aching during recovery. So I guess overall that was worse... but for sheer intensity, nothing beats a needle straight into your spinal cord.
I've always been curious about a gunshot wound. If you don't mind, where were you shot and what did it feel like?

And why were you shot?

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Definitely the period pains I used to get when I was younger. It felt like someone had grabbed my stomach and was twisting it as hard as they could and then stretching it out as far as it could go. A close second was the ache in my teeth the day after I got braces on. I walked around with my mouth half open for three days because if I knocked my teeth against each other I felt like they were being ripped out.

Ariyura

Oct 18, 2008
I've been four car accidents, and all but one were my squishy human body meeting the hard metal of the cars. The worse pain though is when a car nailed me in the side as I tried to cross a busy street. I bounced off, laid down on the ground stunned until the police officer trying to direct traffic around me told me that I just couldn't lay in the street where I was so he picked me up and tried to put me on my semi feet, then he tried to drag me out of the road, unfortunately my left leg went the wrong way. I've never been so happy for shock to set in as the cop draped me over a parked car and told me just wait a few more minutes for the ambulance to come.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Somehow the vertebrae in my neck got out of alignment and ended pinching the nerves in my spinal column, causing rather excruciating pain. The worst part, though, was that if I moved at all, even just a slight shift, the pain would spike up to being far worse, so I spent a couple of days doing my best to not move a muscle or I'd end up in agony. Protip: Staying absolutely still while in agony is not very easy.

Chiefmon

Dec 26, 2008
Paper cut across the pupil. Someone swung a piece of paper in front of me and it neatly sliced through my cornea.I didn't need any serious medical treatment and it healed, but the pain...

Shivhappy

Sep 6, 2011
Shattered my humerus(upper arm bone)in 8 pieces while snowboarding, fell down a crevasse, and hung upsidedown by my board until i was found 2 hours later.(insert 127 hours movie jokes here) on the trip down the mt to the hospital the paramedics couldn't find a vein to administer morphine so they just stuck it in my muscles.(which does absolutly nothing)all of this i could deal with, until two hefty nurses yanked my arm around while doing x-rays, thats when i cried like a baby. Then they gave me a little something called Dilaudid....which i highly reccomend.

After surgery, 16 screws and a hockey stick shaped bar hold my arm together.

Scorekeeper

Mar 15, 2011
Mass Effect 3's ending.

Seriously though, it was when the painkiller wore off after getting my wisdom teeth removed.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
JoesshittyOs said:
loc978 said:
I've always been curious about a gunshot wound. If you don't mind, where were you shot and what did it feel like?

And why were you shot?
I was a target in a uniform, for the why. Upper left arm for the where (unfortunate, as my torso was very much armored against such a shot... but fortunate that it wasn't my face)... and at first it felt rather similar to being punched, not even terribly hard. More shock than pain with a slight numbness to it. Took a second for the pain to kick in, but I hardly noticed it over the adrenaline rush. It wasn't until after the bullet was out and the painkillers wore off that night that the pain was really bad. When it did get bad, it felt rather how I imagine stepping on a nail would be if your foot were already one giant bruise.

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
Bloody pulling my back on multiple occasions. It's just that initial moment when it goes that it hurts. "About to paint the last section of wall in a room" *Back goes* D=

gusenborge

Nov 6, 2011
Most pain i was in was when a part of my intenstines got messed up and they were forced to operate, however they did this one day after it had ruptured.
Which meant i spent a night at home puking my guts out and since we werent sure what it was i didnt get to ride with an ambulance but instead with a hospital transporter which had to make a stop at a small house which added about 2 miles extra to our trip, my mother was at the point of throwing the driver out.

So once i got at the hospital i got some morphin and from there everything is kinda muddy, although i was conscious when i entered the operating room which kinda looked like a morgue which freaked me out.

Only good part of it was that my daddy smuggled in candy into the hospital for me, best candy ever!