Biggest shock in a game

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
when I found out that there was another damn dice game in DMC4 that was half a mile long.
in KH2 when
Sephiroth shows up, when Diz destroys kingdom hearts and the 1000000 laser beams at the final boss

and also Mysterio showdown in spiderman 2 the health bar

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
Darkside360 said:
For me it was KOTOR

when you find out your actually Revan.
While it was a little surprising, I did not find it that shocking. In fact it made sense to me somehow.

Now I really dropped my jaw in Jade Empire when your master betrays you, I was like a stunned duck after that.

balimuzz

Apr 15, 2009
knux25 said:
Internet Kraken said:
That Jill was the cloaked figure in RE5. I DEFINITELY DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!!!!!

On a serious note, I was shocked by the ending to S.T.A.L.K.E.R:Clear Sky because it was so......anti-climactic.

SPOILERIFIC POST.

Anyways I have to say the biggest shocks came with Bioshock(You all know what), and on Mass Effect when you are on Virmire and have to make that choice.
ooo... i forgot about that one. yeah, that was really shocking for me. I actually debated it for quite a little while. Good choice.

Bleaghhh

Apr 16, 2009
Somewhere near the end of CoDWaW i managed to get myself into one of the scripted cutscenes, where a nazi starts spraying a flamer around. Got to him and facestabbed, only to be vaporised..
Managed to do the whole game without a death only to be nerfed by a cutscene..

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Where you discover you're Revan! Didn't see that coming

Jamninja

Apr 15, 2009
Mine would have to be the only shocking part in Dead Space.
The ending, it's just unexpected due to the rest of the game having no shock or fear factor.

gummiworms

Jan 14, 2009
i agree completely with the bioshock comment with the "would you kindly". When that was explained it was quite literally a jaw dropping moment. Another good game with its fair share of jaw droppers (at the time) was legend of dragoon. I loved that game as a kid and i still love it now. One moment in particular i can remember is
when you found out rose was the black monster hunting down the moon child (shana)
I pretty much lost it.

StevieC

Jan 9, 2008
LockHeart said:
fix-the-spade said:
"The Polito form is dead, insect. Are you afraid? What is it you fear? The end of your trivial existence?"

Nothing has made me go eek since...
Oh God, SHODAN....

That being said, I'm never going to be able to comfortably hear someone ask me 'Would you kindly...'
QFT. What's worse is my mom ALWAYS uses the "would you kindly" phrase and gets irritated when I admonish her to stop using it because it makes my skin crawl. I need to find a quote that creeps my mom out just as much as "would you kindly" creeps me out so I can give her some inkling of how unnerving I find those three words.

JRGR

Oct 22, 2008
The Flood in Halo CE... I wasn't expecting it and almost broke my control trying to get J-117 to go faster...

WodashGSJ

Mar 20, 2009
The very first time I played Unreal, that section with the first Skaarj in the darkened corridor. The enclosed area with the lights going out one by one just got to me.

Jay2o3

Apr 1, 2009
Monkz. said:
TRSGM said:
The ladder in F.E.A.R. 1. If you've played it, you know what I'm talking about.
This.^^
FEAR gave me more shocks than any other game. Playing it at 1am in the morning on full volume, never a good idea.
aye, it does give you a lot of scares, but pretty much all of them are the cheap scares where things randomly pop out with a LOUD sound o_O

nickfontaine

Apr 17, 2009
Left 4 Dead on Expert, when playing "No Mercy" Campaign and you'd just get out of the parking garage to see a tank bust through the window and fuck you entire day up. It's just spooky the way your stuck in a NARROW FREAKING HALL with a TANK!!!

Apr 5, 2009
Left4Dead. I was playing on a Versus mode for PC and I guess the server we were assigned had some effed up scripts. When myself and my team were survivors, we had hordes of smokers coming at us, pure death. However, when the enemy team was survivors, they had about three tanks spawn in the safe room at the beginning.

Inspired many, "Where is your god now!?" moments.

gaforb

Apr 16, 2009
robotzombies beat me to the 'samus is a girl joke', sooo...

hl2ep2 ending

blowing up megaton in fallout 3, I KNOW it's optional, but the way you can actually NUKE AN ENTIRE TOWN just kind of freaked me out.

the sexy planet in mass effect

Bioshock: YOU CAN SHOOT BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. HOLY SHIT.