Biggest waste of money

TriggerHappyJoe

Mar 21, 2009
With the release of the Stimulus Package for Modern Warfare 2 I decided to think whether or not I really should get it (I didn't) I asked some friends if it was worth getting, some said yes but the majority said "it's over-priced" and one ever pointed out I could but Perfect Dark on XBLA cheaper than an add-on for a game I rarely play.

This just seems like a waste of money to me, paying about $15 for something that adds a total of 4 new things (Three new maps and a new game mode, Crash and Overgrown don't count as they were on CoD 4) When I could get Perfect Dark, or a Nazi Zombie map for less money

But one thing I appreciate is that they kept the Stimulus Package content separate from the main game, I was tired of being kicked out of most CoD WaW games because I didn't have the maps

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
The Assassin's creed 2 DLCs. Weren't terrible, but just to short to warrant a purchase.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
How much did people spend on Horse Armor again? Seems like a waste to me, since there were plenty of perfectly good horses to replace a dead one with in Oblivion.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
I'm kind of regretting buying Mirror's Edge. Even at $15 it's more frustrating than it's worth.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
JEBWrench said:
How much did people spend on Horse Armor again? Seems like a waste to me, since there were plenty of perfectly good horses to replace a dead one with in Oblivion.
That thing made it so that you didn't need to get Shadowmere. Great for me, as I didn't have to do the DB questline on every character. Just buy a White Horse (highest health), slap the armor on, and BAM!

OT: Red Faction Guerilla's Wrecking Crew DLC.

It's LOCAL COOP only DLC.

Who the fuck buys local coop DLC?

Now, local coop is fun. But local coop DLC?!

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
I think DLC for Forza 3 is pointless. You don't need more cars to choose from, I think there's enough as it is. All the Forza DLC at the moment adds up to a hell of a lot of points.

ThePreshFrince

Feb 11, 2010
The Mets starting lineup. Fifth highest payroll in the entire league apparently equals fifth place in the NL East

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Bioshock 2's DLC seems like a huge waste. It's only 400MS points but you get:

2 New characters for MP (pointless as you don't see yourself).
5 New masks (Same as the above).
10 more levels (The point being?).
20 New Trials (Only purpose of which, is to level up).
A new upgrade for each weapon.

No new maps, game-modes or anything that you would actually want to improve the experience.

The people on here must surely know that I am a borderline Bioshock fanboy and even I won't touch it.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
DLC wise? I can't think of any that I've bought.

In general? Dragonball Evolution. Who did that entertain intentionally?

pugsley10uk

Apr 14, 2010
The horse armor for oblivion, and then there was that week when they doubled the price of it, like 400-800 MS points for something that barely did anything.

Squiggles

Mar 17, 2010
Im regretting buying FFXIII, i should have have just bought the soundtrack (the only thing i like about the game) and watched "lets play..." on Youtube, practically the same thing as 'playing' the game.

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii ... i love the arcade versions because of the great Japanese DDR music, but the wii version has American pop music... -_-'

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Legion said:

No new maps, game-modes or anything that you would actually want to improve the experience.
Is that the Bioshock 2 DLC that is already on the Disc to start with?

I think any map pack DLC is a waste of money, maps should be free, making them a chargable commodity segragates the community into "who has it" and who hasn't got it, to the point host running new maps can only run new maps since mixing them would drop out 50% of users when changing maps.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
ColdStorage said:
Legion said:

Is that the Bioshock 2 DLC that is already on the Disc to start with?

I think any map pack DLC is a waste of money, maps should be free, making them a chargable commodity segragates the community into "who has it" and who hasn't got it, to the point host running new maps can only run new maps since mixing them would drop out 50% of users when changing maps.
It was indeed. While I agree with the idea that maps should be free (especially if they are on the damn disc on release day) I'd rather pay for that than to get to level up some more (40 was enough of a grind thanks).

Maquette

Robot Oeuf
Sep 10, 2009
For me the Lost and Damned DLC for Grand Theft Auto IV was a colossal waste of money. I actually purchased the DLC before I went out to buy the game proper, being a fan of all of the previous incarnations of the series. A mistake I certainly won't repeat twice.

In total I only played Grand Theft Auto IV itself for a total of two hours because I absolutely loathed the handling of the cars. I never actually got to play Lost and Damned.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
pugsley10uk said:
The horse armor for oblivion, and then there was that week when they doubled the price of it, like 400-800 MS points for something that barely did anything.
That was an April Fools joke when Bethesda doubled the price of the horse armour. Just shows that even the people who created it know how crap that piece of DLC is.

Marmal4de

Apr 4, 2010
Probably the Knothole Island expansion for Fable II. I was in a Fable-fangirlism endused haze and after around 4 playthroughs was ready to shell out MS points for anything Fable related. It was pretty boring DLC and I now regret paying for it.

May 28, 2009
Maquette said:
In total I only played Grand Theft Auto IV itself for a total of two hours because I absolutely loathed the handling of the cars. I never actually got to play Lost and Damned.
They were realistically handling American cars after all.

Gincairn

Jan 14, 2010
I could fill a page with the amount of downloadable games i regret buying but as to add-on content. . .

Pain, the add-ons for that have now meant that I have paid over the odds for extra characters, maps and modes. Having said that I don't regret them, just feel that they are overpriced.

The Prince of Persia Epilogue is overpriced and as a result I haven't bought it.

For those reasons I won't be getting the episodes from Liberty City either.