Biggest waste of money

Maquette

Robot Oeuf
Sep 10, 2009
KillerMidget said:
Maquette said:
In total I only played Grand Theft Auto IV itself for a total of two hours because I absolutely loathed the handling of the cars. I never actually got to play Lost and Damned.
They were realistically handling American cars after all.
Haha! They have the the turning circle of an oil tanker.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Legion said:
It was indeed. While I agree with the idea that maps should be free (especially if they are on the damn disc on release day) I'd rather pay for that than to get to level up some more (40 was enough of a grind thanks).
How does the leveling up work?, does it actually give you bonuses?.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
In terms of DLC, I don't think I ever really bought one that I regretted.

Gaming wise, I'd say my Gamecube. I ended up enjoying exactly one game for it (Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader) and I hardly ever touch it.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
ColdStorage said:
Legion said:
It was indeed. While I agree with the idea that maps should be free (especially if they are on the damn disc on release day) I'd rather pay for that than to get to level up some more (40 was enough of a grind thanks).
You get new tonics, plasmids and weapons as you level up, as well as weapon upgrades. Apparently it works in a similar way to Modern Warfare's system.

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
Getting the Chicago Manual of Style for my Craft of History class. We never used it, and now if I trade it in I'll get it back for maybe half price. Total rip-off.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Snipped because I just want to mention your avatar
Your avatar is Judgement! That's awesome! I want Golden Sun DS to come out...

OT: Guitar Hero: World Tour. It only had about 5 good songs on it. It also persuaded a friend of mine to get the drums, which he used once and never again. So a waste of money for 2 people with one purchase...

Turbo_Destructor

Apr 5, 2010
Lord of the Rings: Conquest. it is just a shitty money-making piece of junk that clearly had no effort put into it - combat is crappy, classes are unbalanced and there is no uniqueness between any of the races, just different skins.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Legion said:
ColdStorage said:
Legion said:
You get new tonics, plasmids and weapons as you level up, as well as weapon upgrades. Apparently it works in a similar way to Modern Warfare's system.
I like KillZone 2's system, where the levelling up is tailored to your play style, good with the pistol and you get a better pistol, sniping will give you a better scope and so on and so forth.

I haven't got the map pack yet though, wondering if it'll be given away for free one day, you know like PC map packs and gasp Far Cry 2 maps that they just give out for free.

Sallix

Apr 9, 2008
The only DLC I've felt cheated by is Fallout 3: The Pit. It felt too short for me.

Primate

PROBATION
Mar 2, 2010
watchmen the end is nigh.... bullshit console like game with absolutely no right to exist...

Sir Bob

Jan 14, 2010
Empires Total War, biggest waste of 60 euro's ever. Also, because of steam it cannot be resold.. :S

Bobipine

Jan 22, 2010
Didn't buy many DLC, so nothing regrettable there. Game wise though.. Tales of Symphonia:Dawn of a new world... the intro got me buying it, ends up the interesting characters are the bad guys, and the only 2 main characters turned me away from the game, early. There is certainly more, but can't think of others for the moment

tk1989

May 20, 2008
Maquette said:
KillerMidget said:
Maquette said:
In total I only played Grand Theft Auto IV itself for a total of two hours because I absolutely loathed the handling of the cars. I never actually got to play Lost and Damned.
They were realistically handling American cars after all.
Haha! They have the the turning circle of an oil tanker.
Why do you think people always rip on American cars for being unable to turn a corner...? :)

Sketchy

Aug 16, 2008
Too Human...

Just... UGH! TOO HUMAN! DLC wise, I bought one of the smaller addons for Oblivion, I don't remember which one. I spent almost nothing on it, but it SUCKED.

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
Modern Warfare 2, the whole game was over priced. A 5 hour campaign, which while awesome was retarded at the same time. Boring Spec op missions some of which were just directly taken out of the campaign. Completely broken multiplayer that lost its appeal after a week. All in a nice little package for 60 bucks. No thanks. If I wanted a short single player and a broken multiplayer for that wmount of money I would have asked for it, thanks.