Bill Cosby found Guilty

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Gorfias said:
Silentpony said:
Here's hoping that the appeals don't over-turn it. Probably will, but I hope not
I heard his lawyer fell asleep during parts of the trial, setting up the grounds for an "ineffectiveness of counsel" defense for an appeal.

While he was not obliged to take the stand in his own defense, that he did not has me thinking he really could be guilty. He is presumed innocent. He has been affirmatively accused of guilt. This requires a defense of which he offered, well, she is a crazy *****. Y'know what? A crazy ***** can be violated. That isn't enough of a defense.

A hit to my child hood perceptions. Next someone is going to tell me Richard Nixon really was a crook.
My worry is that the prosecution relied too heavily on the testimony of other women, women from previous cases and deals that never panned out. It wasn't the prosecution citing previous guilty verdicts, it was them just similar, un-proven stories. And I'm worried an appeals court will throw all that testimony out as not relevant to this specific case and the verdict will be overturned.

Its possible. I hope it doesn't happen, but appeals courts are very strict, so it might.