Bill Nye the Science Guy Passes Out "Like Lady Gaga"

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
When I first saw this headline in the "Most Popular" box at the bottom of my screen, all I saw was "Bill Nye the Science Guy Passes" and my heart collapsed into my stomach as I thought Bill Nye had passed away. Then I scrolled down a bit farther and it was all good. So it's good to see he's alright, and keeps up with his pop culture news.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
...This happened at my school! This guy was the highlight of my after school childhood! I'm horrified! How could I have missed this?! And how come no one did anything to help him? ...o_O Dear lord, if I were there, I hope I would have the decency to help him. I personally hate twitter, so updating that would never take priority.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
And this is why I hate the media. This report is nothing at all like what actually happened. Stop reporting lies, it's not healthy.

moose_man

Nov 9, 2009
NO BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLL! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Oh, wait, he's okay. Still, the people are dicks for not helping him.

Kneel

Jan 5, 2010
I've only heard of this show. Something like 'Johnny Ball Reveals All' in the UK?

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
I'm glad to see he's okay. Seriously, if anything happend to him, the last untarnished remnent of my childhood would be shattered.

Sanglyon

Apr 3, 2009
Stop blaming twitter or crying "oh, what is the wold coming to?!".
The fact that no one would react was to be expected, it's the bystander effect, or "Genovese syndrome". The more people there are, the less likely it is that any one of them will help.
Everyone expect that, since there is so many people, someone else will do something anyway.

Here's some advice, maybe it would help someone someday (and it can't hurt). If you ever need help, e.g. you're doing CPR to an accident victim and need someone to call for an ambulance, and there are people around you just watching, make eye contact and point with your finger at someone and yell "You! Call an ambulance!". You've just given him the responsability, in front of everyone else, to do what everyone was expecting someone else to do. Now, if he doesn't help, he won't be "just another anonymous bystander", but "that guy who was asked to call 911 and didn't bother".

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Hi I just came in to this thread to tell you guys that inertia is a property of matter.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Oh Bill... Glad you're okay. I just recently saw an episode-ish thing you made three years back for my driving school that I'm taking. I have to admit, even after all those times since his show was finished, he didn't quit his jokes. Trying to explain trucks on the road with a little toy truck on a grocery store belt thingy that moves the food along during checkout, and smashing eggs with hammers to prove trucks vs cars is just amusing.

You can't kill the Science Guy.

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
Ahlycks said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Man, I grew up watching him! I wouldn't say he's a hero figure or anything ,but he's pretty damn close to one that's for sure. I used to look up to this guy, plus even though his videos are corny they DID get me into science when I was too young to care about... well knowing things.
If he dies he's going on my list on Celebrities I'll miss.
Already on said list:
-Billy Mays
-Bernie Mac
-Ronnie James Dio
-Probably a few more I forgot.
I'm not too sure about this, but is your avatar from bokurano?
Yes indeed, shiny and new too. ^.^ Love that series.

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
Ahlycks said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Ahlycks said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Man, I grew up watching him! I wouldn't say he's a hero figure or anything ,but he's pretty damn close to one that's for sure. I used to look up to this guy, plus even though his videos are corny they DID get me into science when I was too young to care about... well knowing things.
Already on said list:
-Billy Mays
-Bernie Mac
-Ronnie James Dio
I should watch it, though I cannot find a good version online because I am a cheap asshole and I do not want to buy it.

What is it like? I normally like school life/mecha/romance/comedy/slice of life/drama stuff, so i'm not too sure whether or not to try this out.
That actually pretty much sums this up. I mean sure, there IS a 500km (I think) mech and the kids fight off other giant robots in it, but the fights are short and not* really the main point. It's all about how these kids are trying to live their everyday lives (And each one is different) and how the world is starting to treat them. It gets really sad too because whoever pilots the mech is then cursed to die, and the kids know this as well and have to try and cope with dieing. Idk, it's hard to explain. =/ But I thoroughly enjoyed it myself.

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
Ahlycks said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Ahlycks said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Ahlycks said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Already on said list:
-Billy Mays
-Bernie Mac
-Ronnie James Dio
I should watch it, though I cannot find a good version online because I am a cheap asshole and I do not want to buy it.

What is it like? I normally like school life/mecha/romance/comedy/slice of life/drama stuff, so i'm not too sure whether or not to try this out.
That actually pretty much sums this up. I mean sure, there IS a 500km (I think) mech and the kids fight off other giant robots in it, but the fights are short and not* really the main point. It's all about how these kids are trying to live their everyday lives (And each one is different) and how the world is starting to treat them. It gets really sad too because whoever pilots the mech is then cursed to die, and the kids know this as well and have to try and cope with dieing. Idk, it's hard to explain. =/ But I thoroughly enjoyed it myself.
So it sounds like full metal panic if you extract the funny and replace it with sad? And replace human armies with aliens?
Ehh, that doesn't quite sum it up either. lol.
Plus I never said the other mechs were aliens. >.>

And see if you like it or not. ^-^

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
Ahlycks said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Ahlycks said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Ahlycks said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Already on said list:
-Billy Mays
-Bernie Mac
-Ronnie James Dio

So it sounds like full metal panic if you extract the funny and replace it with sad? And replace human armies with aliens?
Also, try this. http://myanimelist.net/anime/1690/Bokurano