Bill Nye the Science Guy Passes Out "Like Lady Gaga"

Andothul

Feb 11, 2010
Bill Nye made science fun when i was a kid.

Was probably the only person in the world who could keep it interesting for me back then.

Hope hes ok

angry_flashlight

Jul 20, 2010
At least Nye's alright. Now I have to go to youtube and watch Science Guy videos until my eyes bleed from sheer nostalgic awesome.

Broceus

Sep 2, 2010
Aylaine said:
I thought this thread was about him dying, I was about to start crying. I freaking LOVE Bill Nye the Science Guy. I still watch them episodes, yo. <3
its okay aylaine.

THE SCIENCE GUY WILL LIVE!

*shriek*

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
Ahlycks said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Ahlycks said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Ahlycks said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Ahlycks said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Man, I grew up watching him! I wouldn't say he's a hero figure or anything ,but he's pretty damn close to one that's for sure. I used to look up to this guy, plus even though his videos are corny they DID get me into science when I was too young to care about... well knowing things.
If he dies he's going on my list on Celebrities I'll miss.
Already on said list:
-Billy Mays
-Bernie Mac
-Ronnie James Dio
-Probably a few more I forgot.
I'm not too sure about this, but is your avatar from bokurano?
Yes indeed, shiny and new too. ^.^ Love that series.
I should watch it, though I cannot find a good version online because I am a cheap asshole and I do not want to buy it.

What is it like? I normally like school life/mecha/romance/comedy/slice of life/drama stuff, so i'm not too sure whether or not to try this out.
That actually pretty much sums this up. I mean sure, there IS a 500km (I think) mech and the kids fight off other giant robots in it, but the fights are short and not* really the main point. It's all about how these kids are trying to live their everyday lives (And each one is different) and how the world is starting to treat them. It gets really sad too because whoever pilots the mech is then cursed to die, and the kids know this as well and have to try and cope with dieing. Idk, it's hard to explain. =/ But I thoroughly enjoyed it myself.
So it sounds like full metal panic if you extract the funny and replace it with sad? And replace human armies with aliens?
Also, try this. http://myanimelist.net/anime/1690/Bokurano
I know it's already on my list and I have already read the thing. That's where I got the alien part from. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ahlycks <- see? It's on my too watch list.

Thanks kumikyoko nico nico douga for showing me the theme song which is awesome which showed me the anime!
Well, I highly suggest watching the anime, and surprisingly Youtube has a good quality upload of it (Although I just torrented my copy)
In case you're interested. ^-^
Plus it gives you a great idea as to what Bokurano is really about. Seriously one of my all-time favorite animes.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
So instead of helping Bill Nye, the brats were updating their twitter accounts? I hope there were at least a few people on the stage to help him out.

If not, I have only one thing to say.

How fucked up are their priorities?

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
So, wait, you all expect an entire audience of people with no medical experience to swarm the stage trying to help the guy? You really think that's a good idea? Oh, wait, you just want another excuse to hate on Twitter. I don't like it either, but at least I still have a working logic center in my brain. Maybe you all have a grudge towards Twitter for destroying yours.

(Not that anyone's going to read this far into the thread before posting their own comment, of course, so I don't know why I'm bothering to say anything.)

Lord_Panzer said:
Anarchemitis said:
Scientists conclude updating Twitter does not help scientists.
Experiment concluded, the scientific community moves on to testing whether Lady Gaga feels like Bill Nye when she faints.
I've heard she's been known to faint during concerts at times because she overworks herself so much, so we may find out sooner than later.

theLadyBugg

May 24, 2010
This was kind of a relief to read; I was worried that the Science Guy had retired from teaching after the show. People need to learn science!