Biomutant was not worth the wait.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
My impression of the game from what I saw of Kiara's playthrough of it was that it seems aesthetically and tonally incongruent. The way characters talk and the appearance of the UI doesn't fit with the super realistic look of the actual gameplay visuals.

Reactions: Dalisclock

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
I remember seeing trailers for it way back in 2017 when It was supposed to be out within the year. Glad I never followed it too closely, seem like those who were expecting a great game were in for an immense let down.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I remember seeing trailers for it way back in 2017 when It was supposed to be out within the year. Glad I never followed it too closely, seem like those who were expecting a great game were in for an immense let down.
I had it on my wishlist, mostly so I could keep track of when it dropped, but it was always a wait and see approach. Once the reviews came in I decided It wasn't what I wanted and took it off the wishlist.

Honestly, Almost everything on my steam/gog wishlist are either games that are there because I found them interesting and want a notice of when they release, or I want to get a notice when they go on sale.

And if someone wants to buy one for me, I won't object but I don't expect it.

Reactions: happyninja42

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I had it on my wishlist, mostly so I could keep track of when it dropped, but it was always a wait and see approach. Once the reviews came in I decided It wasn't what I wanted and took it off the wishlist.

Honestly, Almost everything on my steam/gog wishlist are either games that are there because I found them interesting and want a notice of when they release, or I want to get a notice when they go on sale.

That's pretty much what I use my wishlist for (just hit 400 title on it), and from hearing about dev talking about it I think that's what most people do (tellingly you can order your wishlist by discount). Although I do wish there was a way for dev to indicate that they have no intention of lowering/dicounting their game price (and make it binding). I can't remember every game on my wishlist but there's plenty that have been there for years because the dev will simply never dicount them, which respect. I'd probably buy some of them if I knew that but I can't exactly go over every game to check if the've been without a discount for very long.

I brought Biomutant because GMG was selling the pre order 30% off, in hindsight it was still too expensive but oh well, could have been great.

Reactions: Dalisclock

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

Same for me. I have a limited entertainment budget, so just buying every game that catches my fancy at full price, well it's just not financially viable. So, I'll wishlist it, and I have my filters set to only show me those on sale. I'll check it every so often and see if something that still has my interest, is showing up. Otherwise, I'll just keep slogging through the library of unplayed games I already have.