BioShock 2 Posters Reveal a Hidden Secret

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Wow.

That's..... igenious.

2K games just earned some serious gamer credit right there. Who thought of this? They deserve all the cookies in the world!

Sieni

Aug 8, 2009
Now THAT is cool. I would've ordered the Collectors edition but I was too late. :/

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
Does anyone know if a glass panel in front of the posters would stop the blacklight from working on them? I was going to get these framed, now I want to find a way to put blacklights into the frames on them.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
BlindChance said:
Does anyone know if a glass panel in front of the posters would stop the blacklight from working on them? I was going to get these framed, now I want to find a way to put blacklights into the frames on them.
I imagine there are specialty stores that sell special lighted frames that either come with blacklights or can just switch out the bulbs.
Or craft your own, and then show us the result!

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Now that is quite exciting. But I now see a rush for people trying to do the same to other posters.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
BlindChance said:
Looking at the videos and pictures, you can see that the posters have all been framed. The big purple line you can see here [http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/ab6/BioshockFan52/Hidden%20Message/?action=view&current=IMG_0779.jpg] is actually the reflection of the blacklight in the glass.

megatron2.0

Feb 18, 2009
sadness is drowning my body, i did not by the collectors edition :(....... BUT, on the otherhand, this is really really AWESOME of 2k to do this.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
This makes me SO glad I caved in and sprung for the CE.

I also think this really reinforces what Michael Pachter said about Take-Two awhile back regarding their commitment to quality and attention to detail. They miss ship dates, bleed money like crazy and probably drive their investors absolutely nuts, but when it comes to making games and actually catering to gamers, they're pretty damn solid.

andrewbrownster2

Dec 30, 2009
Wow, all of the PR and advertising for this game has been brilliant [I'd say better than Dante's Inferno].

I hope that advertising like this becomes more common in the months/years to come. =D

Enzeru92

Oct 18, 2008
Thats freaking awesome I never knew but the last one with "Where's Dr.Lamb" was creepy by far from the rest of them

Chrissyluky

Jul 3, 2009
Things like this make me appreciate developers that take the time to put in this. Its the extra thought that counts and lets the developers say. you know what we care.(though bioshock 2 was too short :'( )

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Poopie McGhee said:
This reminds me of when I bought NIN's Year Zero (Support the good bands)... The disk is heat sensitive (Changes color from dark to tan)... Very awesome to realize...
Took me a while to discover that one :)
Loved the idea though.