BioShock 2 Special Edition Floats Ashore

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
Archemetis said:
it'll be the most impressive coaster you'll ever own at least.[/i] [/b]
Or Frisbee, I suppose.

OT, it all looks cool enough, I particularly think the posters and the record are the highlights. It just wouldn't be the same; hearing those thin, crackly swing tracks from the 50's on a compact disc.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
The vinyl will be great for me because I was geeky enough to buy one of these bad boys:
[link]http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/digital-conversion/c7fd/[/link]

I got it to rip all the old records I found in my grandparents closet (Billy Holiday Frank Sinatra etc.) that I found I actually liked mostly because I love the crackle you get off of records.

The art book will be worth it and as will the posters, my walls are looking pretty bare right now come to think of it. I just hope this makes it as far as the U.K. I don't want to go through the hassle of importing it.

Spitfire175

Jul 1, 2009
Danny Ocean said:
Posters are great, I just hope some of them are bigger than A4.

As for the record... Uh... I hope they have a CD option because, last I checked, most people can't play vinyl any more.
It's coming back very stronly. Also, it has more feeling into it.

OT: I am going to fight to get me one of these.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
As much as I know to never fall prey into Special Editions... I can't help myself. I really... REALLY want this... crap I'm going to have to shell out 40 extra bucks for this.

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
I'm buying it, my bro has a collection of records along with a record player that I'm sure he'd be happy to let me use, the posters are also awesome, but the record is the reason I'm buying it at a high price.

ratix2

Feb 6, 2008
Archemetis said:
I'm not entirely sure what to say about the Vinyl record, so i'll just post what me and a friend said about it over MSN:

][+][ Mr.G ][+][ ಠ_ಠ ][ says:
Bioshock 2's special edition comes with a vinyl record with the soundtrack on it
Gary says:
wow
that's simultaneously fucking awesome
and totally useless
what percentage of that games demographic has the ability to actually PLAY a vinyl record?
][+][ Mr.G ][+][ ಠ_ಠ ][ says:
it'll be the most impressive coaster you'll ever own at least.
quite a few actually. many audiophiles (myself included) perfer vinyl for its clarity and sound reproduction over cd's, hence the reason why most new albums STILL have vinyl versions produced.

still, as much as id like the lp im not paying $90 for the pc version for just that, a cd and some posters.

Panda Mania

Jul 1, 2009
I saw the picture and practically moaned out of longing...

O, for an Xbox and 99 bucks...*sigh*

Nalesnik

Nov 10, 2008
Bah, I never get the collector's edition. (I'm cheap) but this one has actaully peaked my interest. The posters and record sound awesome, but $40 is just a tad too much for me.

I would totally get it tho if they threw in a soft plushie big daddy doll like the one from the teaser trailer.

I would cuddle it, and hug it, and pet it, and it would be my best friend. :3

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
$40 is a pretty big price hike though, so 2k Games may be pricing it a bit out of the general public's special edition price range, or at least out of mine.
Just read this, and I have to say, given what all comes with it, $40 seems rather reasonable. A record and CD, that could run you about $35 for the pair, depending where you shop. The art book could go anywhere from about $15-$50, and given that it looks hardcover, I'll assume it'd be towards the higher end of that spectrum. Posters are a hard one to call, but I'll go with the local store price of about $7 a piece, so about $21 for the 3. That totals out to about $71-$100 just for the extras, and that doesn't even include the game. So assuming I've priced it out right, that would be an approximately $130-160 value in that pre-order deal. Don't take my prices for absolute truth though, I'm merely using local prices for similar goods.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Georgeman said:
Tom Goldman said:
I am seriously surprised at this point when a high-profile game actually doesn't offer one.
Which of course leads to the following question: Why is this even a piece of news?
On the internet, everything is news.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
You had me at Soundtrack. More developers need to make the soundtracks to their games readily available. For the record, I made room for 5 of the first Bioshock's pieces on my cramped 8gig iPod, and I still love them for posting it as a free download when I would have just as gladly paid for it. If Bioshock 2 has anywhere near as good of a soundtrack, it alone would be worth getting the collector's edition for me (not literally, but the other stuff included looks interesting as well).

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Posters? Good, I seriously lack posters on my room, these will look fantastic. A must-have for me. Would've been even better if it would include one of those Big Daddy dolls. Better put some cash aside it already.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Nice, but 100$ = nope. Unless with that price it also includes a record player and you missed it.

Dean Reilly

Jan 26, 2009
*starts searching for a pre-order option*

Hope that the special edition makes it to the UK, because I'm sold.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Nightzirk said:
messy said:
clean up after you? You want an under-age elderly person care nurse? Don't really want to see what's on your Christmas list

(I'd like to point out this ermm well point that a lot of elderly people are fine at looking after themselves but that's the first image that came to mind)
Not like a nurse, like a maid. You know, doing the dishes, picking up clothes, extracting genetic material from my dead enemies etc
All right I'm with you on that; nicee