Bioshock 2

Gaskell

Apr 18, 2009
It'd be a real shame if they lost the narrative style, as someone said on an earlier post, the gameplay itself wasn't brilliant, it was just the quality of the story for a console.

I wouldn't mind having the bee-hand again though

TheRockNRolla

Apr 9, 2009
Clashero said:
I'm very excited about it. I do hope the Big Daddy you play isn't a slow, lumbering hunk of metal. More like when you got the Big Daddy suit in the first game, but with the ability to sprint, smash your drill into the ground and all the other things Bouncers did.
Or maybe you're a Rosie. That Rivet Gun (Rosie the Riveter reference for those who didn't know) looked like fun.
You get all the weapons the BD's had. In the gameplay video you also weren't that slow.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Gaskell said:
I really wonder, how will you return to Rapture...
I feel as though it might be a bit rubbish, though I hope I am very wrong
Your a totally different guy.

MintyFreshBreathGuy

Oct 10, 2008
So why am I playing as a Big Daddy, instead of some one with an actual character (i.e. the Big Sister). Maybe I'm wrong, I don't remember, but weren't Big Daddies basically zombies (or something) made to protect the Little Sisters. I mean I would love to carry around a drill and so on, but this is Rapture. Can't they just have like super-steroids that let you carry a drill. OK that's not my point, but either way I have to wonder why I'm playing as the characterless person. I don't know, killing people in this game will probably be as fun as ever, but I don't think I'll like it much and I know I just ranted about being a Big Daddy, but I am open to surprises about it. After all this Big Daddy is the first Big Daddy, which for some reason means it can use plasmids and switch weapons, not to mention use med-kits (which I am very happy the first Bioshock Big Daddies couldn't do). Anyway, that's my little rant.

TheRockNRolla

Apr 9, 2009
I Was honestly hoping I could play as Mark Meltzer from somethinginthesea.com. I was rather disappointed to find I was playing as a Big Daddy.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
MintyFreshBreathGuy said:
So why am I playing as a Big Daddy, instead of some one with an actual character (i.e. the Big Sister). Maybe I'm wrong, I don't remember, but weren't Big Daddies basically zombies (or something) made to protect the Little Sisters. I mean I would love to carry around a drill and so on, but this is Rapture. Can't they just have like super-steroids that let you carry a drill. OK that's not my point, but either way I have to wonder why I'm playing as the characterless person. I don't know, killing people in this game will probably be as fun as ever, but I don't think I'll like it much and I know I just ranted about being a Big Daddy, but I am open to surprises about it. After all this Big Daddy is the first Big Daddy, which for some reason means it can use plasmids and switch weapons, not to mention use med-kits (which I am very happy the first Bioshock Big Daddies couldn't do). Anyway, that's my little rant.
Its the PROTOTYPE big daddy. So they probably didn't make it a zombie, and made it very powerful. So... eh.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I felt that bioshock didnt need a sequel,prequel... whatever

But it should be intresting

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
They've turned it into a cash-cow..The Big-Daddy has become iconic, so a prototype was set as the protagonist. Everyone knows that drilling Splicers will compensate for the lack of plot. Because gore is 'leet..

><

I had hopes for a prequel of sorts..Rapture's descent into chaos?To see this utopia slowly disintegrating?
Moral choices could have been comprised of which faction [Ryan/Fontaine] you chose to work for..

But no. They had to appeal to the GoW market. Whoopee.

Gaskell

Apr 18, 2009
Mrsnugglesworth said:
Gaskell said:
I really wonder, how will you return to Rapture...
I feel as though it might be a bit rubbish, though I hope I am very wrong
Your a totally different guy.
Yeah, when I say "how you will return to rapture" I meant you as a player

lightspeed

Apr 16, 2009
iggyus said:
Game looks good judging by the preview vids but it just seems so unnecessary. BioShock ended the story neatly and this sequel seems like a typical developer attempt to gain extra money from a finished story. And Ken Levine isnt even working but a new studio full of unknown noobs.
In bioshock the story of jack ended nice and neatly but there is still much about rapture untold. The idea of being the first big daddy is brilliant and having the free will to havest the little sisters gives a sence of familiarity to it. Consider the fact you are not another human running around in a city thats gone to hell. Being a big daddy you will find out more about how they are created, you will be able to walk out in the sea and see rapture from the outside giving a whole new prospective on the game. You will not see the same small slither of rapture that you experianced in the first game but new areas of the massive city.

samaritan.squirrel said:
They've turned it into a cash-cow..The Big-Daddy has become iconic, so a prototype was set as the protagonist. Everyone knows that drilling Splicers will compensate for the lack of plot. Because gore is 'leet..

><

I had hopes for a prequel of sorts..Rapture's descent into chaos?To see this utopia slowly disintegrating?
Moral choices could have been comprised of which faction [Ryan/Fontaine] you chose to work for..

to be honest from the first game we know a bit of what happened to rapture and its decent. For example the fate of docter suchong at the hands of a big daddy because he could not control his temper... so doing a prequel would be intresting but would be more like flogging a dead horse than basing it in the future. In the future nothing is written so the plot could be expanded without limitations you will see how the city has changed in your 10 year absence discover more about the raptures past through the audio diaries.so i think it will be another great game in this sick sadistic world of rapture

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/bioshock2/news.html?sid=6208179&tag=topslot;img;1

this is a first look into the game and some of the designers thoughts and ideas... i know its gamespot but its has got some good game footage in it.

MintyFreshBreathGuy

Oct 10, 2008
I still say I would rather be the person with the character, instead of another voiceless, personality-less shome that's so badass that he can kill everything with the squeeze of the trigger. That's all I'm really trying to say.

Zhandarr

Apr 15, 2009
orannis62 said:
Zhandarr said:
Ive been reading OPM, and i like the idea about the Big Sister.

I hope we're a bouncer, i prefer drill to gun. its more messy :D
Again, you're the prototype for both models, so you get a drill and guns.
Really?

YAAAYYYY

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
A prequel would be better then a sequel because sequels can really get yammed up! Unless it was made by an awesome game company.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
This does make a creepy atmoshpere but it makes very little sense. Splicer- "Look a deranged mutant, i must hug him/her :D" "LOOK a random person! I must rip them limb from limb :mad: for no aparent reason"

The fact all splicers had no problem with one another annoyed me somewhat, also that they had no problem with seemingly normal people like the artist guy (i forget his name)its just you and ONLY you that must die.

SmithyTheDrummerBoy

Aug 11, 2008
Sorry to break it to you guys, but the story has been revealed almost, and a gameplay video is now on at Gametrailers so... its too late

tempest87

Apr 19, 2009
Uhh, your character in the first game didn't exactly do much talking and didn't have much of a story/ history before you get about half way through the game...

If you'd watched the latest developers vids, you'd know that you're not just "any old Big Daddy"... you're an individual from Rapture, who was turned into a prototype Big Daddy, then cast away until Tenenbaum wakes you up with no memories or recollection of what happened to you... and you aren't a minndless drone or under anyone's control, like the other Big Daddys. You gradually learn what they did to you and how you came about as you venture through Rapture... That's a fair amount of interesting backstory and character development to uncover over the course of the game if you ask me...

Jul 9, 2008
MintyFreshBreathGuy said:
You are one with a personality; you're the first one. As such, they didn't exactly perfect all the Big Daddy mind control that they used on the other ones. Also, the article made a point of saying that he had been freed from having to serve Little Sisters, so he can now choose his destiny.
samaritan.squirrel said:

><

If you watch the gameplay video, there's no gore from using the drill, I wouldn't say they're trying to appeal to Gears fans. Besides, we know what happens to Rapture before you get there in the first game. Knowing what happens means that everything will be predictable.
somedude98 said:
This does make a creepy atmoshpere but it makes very little sense. Splicer- "Look a deranged mutant, i must hug him/her :D" "LOOK a random person! I must rip them limb from limb :mad: for no aparent reason"

The fact all splicers had no problem with one another annoyed me somewhat, also that they had no problem with seemingly normal people like the artist guy (i forget his name)its just you and ONLY you that must die.
I think that was explained by Andrew Ryan controlling them with pheromones. They might have been junkies, but they were under his complete control.

Ultimateslayer

Sep 21, 2008
Really looking forward to the game.
But it's funny how they promote the new gamplay elements etc. but in fact there is not much new in Rapture.
It looks and sounds alot like Bioshock (not that this was a bad thing).