BioShock Infinite Gets a "Reversible Cover"

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I really like the engraved-plate design feel of number four, and I think the choice of colours would probably make it stand out. Six has a certain appeal as well though. Still, I voted four.

Also, three and five are total cop-out covers; they're just remixed versions of the standard rubbish cover.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
6 is the only one that really looks decent. 4 and 2 also look interesting but I don't quite like the art style for either of them.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Tied between 4 and 6, but leaning slightly towards 6. My only problem with gorgeous covers like that is that they tend to be ruined by the ridiculous amount of watermarks that go onto boxart.

T'Generalissimo

Nov 9, 2008
4 or 6 are my favourites. A couple of these are kind of garbage, they have all the appearances of having been put together in a rush out of pre-exisiting marketing material.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011

This is the lousiest attempt at human proportions I have seen since the last time I logged onto DeviantArt. Holy crap, what an awful image, I hope the character doesn't actually look like that unless she's actually supposed to be a dwarf or something.

#2 and #4 are actually pretty awesome. #6 looks like a crappy failed modern attempt at art nouveau, which I've never been a huge fan of in the first place.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
bafrali said:
Deinitely 6 as it will go along nicely with the in game aesthetics.
Ditto. Number 4 is a good one too, and I can see why some would prefer it over 6, but I just like 6 more.

Number 1 is alright, but kinda uninspired. 3 and 5 are just a reversal of essentially the same cover, so neither is very good. Yet according to the poll 5 is the 3rd most popular (but the top 2 beat it by quite a margin). Still, it strikes me as odd.

Number 2 has potential, because I like the idea of one of the huge Auto-Bodies hovering imposingly, a little to close for comfort. However, I feel that it would have been better if instead the main characters were interacting with it somehow, because I believe if you are going to have cover art that features characters primarily, the main characters of the game should be included.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Number 2 wins for me.

Number 4 is interesting but doesn't feel quite right. The logo clashes heavily with the rest of the image, it really should be a white, black and red logo. The blue, gold and other colors feel sorely out of place.

Number 6 is better, but feels a bit too empty somehow, it's lacking something. Not sure what though, maybe a vista of Columbia as someone above mentioned.

The other ones aren't even worth mentioning.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I would have voted for #4, then I looked at it for a while, and realized just how haphazard all the lines were. It doesn't have a sense of completeness, it's just a bunch of squiggles thrown together in a minute or two to create something that would have looked a lot better with just a bit more polish.

But that's just my opinion. #6 all the way.

Khanht Cope

Jul 22, 2011
#5 is the best one to put on the box in a game store, and is essentially an improved and more appropriate version of the already established cover.

#6 is the best representation of the spirit of the game. Could use a little more background work and overall elaboration, though.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
4 and 6 are my favorites. I am rather torn which one I would like more.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
I'm one of the few who's more understandin of the original cover. I get it they need to make cash and if that helps ken make me good games let a few gangster wannabes get suckered into buying it.

That said the arts pretty boss I'm gonna see about the other arts fore I change it. I think booker looks kind of boss personally.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Number 4 makes me miss all of those old books I read in elementary school.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
I'm going to be THAT guy and say that I like #3, 4, 5, and 6. Personally I would like it if #3 or 5 won, particularly #5. Kinda sad that one of those isn't the cover currently.

Although a lot of people like #4 and 6, and both are leading quite a bit. Considering it would be a reversible cover, I think I would probably appreciate #4. The machine just looks a bit weird in #6 to me for some reason.

#1 just looks too plain and #2 looks a bit too...ugly in my opinion.

Then again I've never played a Bioshock game and I haven't exactly been keeping up with this game (although I find it to be very interesting) so take that for what its worth.

Mar 20, 2010
Why not make the primary cover 2nd one? Just take out the burning flag and put the lady in there. They would have probably averted any of this if they did that in the first place.

I don't really like any of them except from the 4rd one.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
4 and 6 are pretty good. I'd go with 6 as 4, while nice to look at is just too glaring for me.

And #1... nice eye candy but that would be an AWFUL cover art.

MSfire012

Jul 9, 2011
The first one is simply awful, it's just Elizabeth on a generic sky background. It ignores all the games gorgeous locals and it's just using a pretty girl (and breasts) to sell the game.

The second one is far more interesting, it's an unique image with a great art, but it doesn't sell the game all that well.

The third one is...alright, I suppose. Booker and Elizabeth are way to realistic to the game's aesthetics. And the background is also a bit plain. If the two had that slightly exaggerated look like the rest of the game and the background was Columbia it would be good cover.

The forth one is really freaking original and interesting, but I think it's more interesting than good, but that's just my opinion.

The fifth one is pretty much the same thing as the third one, except for a different angle. It's a bit better than the third one.

The sixth is probably the strongest of them. Great art and perfectly represents the game, but a good background could make the image far better.