Bioware Confirms Game Extending DLC

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
Zeel said:
scorptatious said:
Zeel said:
Me2 and Me3 are just dumbed down, casual shit that only pandered to the Halo fucktard and call of duty losers. While making sure that we could have sex with MORE NPCS!!12!@1
So people who like Halo and Call of Duty are fucktards and losers to you? God forbid someone would actually enjoy shooters!
They just need to stay the hell away from RPG games. I can't count how many shooter games are released monthly. Why must they infect my genre? do I go to their genre and ask for shit like 'dialogue choice'?

No, everyone would think I'm a pompous prick. But they get away with doing the same to my FAVOURITE genre. It's absolutely sickening.
What do you mean stay away from RPG games? who are you to deny them a chance to experience something else? and you do realise Mass Effect is a third person shooter, and the RPG part of the first game sucked, refined trimmed, and much better in the second and probably does well in the third. I haven't played 3 yet, because I just finished 1. and as a longtime player of Biowares RPG's, i reckon the people who play Halo and CoD should play Mass Effect. because they are mostly good games. and Yes you do sound like a pompous self entitled prick. and seriously? raging on Halo? wow i thought the hate for that game passed years ago.

Chevalier noir

Nov 21, 2011
Edited for spelling.

Zeel said:
Whining because you silly game fantasies weren't indulged instead of protesting the overall dip in writing quality. Makes this entire cause moronic and petty.

Most of the fans are upset over the massive dive in storytelling quality in the ending. It was poorly implemented, made no sense in the context of the established world and provided no closure at all for the story and characters up to this point, not only that but it invalidates every choice made by anyone at any time in any of the games ever.

All valid reasons to be upset by themselves. Also;

They deserve no respect however.
You of all people involved don't have the right to throw around statements like this.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Zeel said:
scorptatious said:
Zeel said:
scorptatious said:
Zeel said:
Me2 and Me3 are just dumbed down, casual shit that only pandered to the Halo fucktard and call of duty losers. While making sure that we could have sex with MORE NPCS!!12!@1
So people who like Halo and Call of Duty are fucktards and losers to you? God forbid someone would actually enjoy shooters!
They just need to stay the hell away from RPG games. I can't count how many shooter games are released monthly. Why must they infect my genre? do I go to their genre and ask for shit like 'dialogue choice'?

No, everyone would think I'm a pompous prick. But they get away with doing the same to my FAVOURITE genre. It's absolutely sickening.
You mean they don't think you're one now?

I can agree to some extent about how some genres don't mix well together. But to me the Mass Effect games manage to mix both RPG and Shooter elements together pretty well.
No they don't. Only someone whose enthralled by pew pew! Bang! would say something so unbelieving untrue. because surprise surprise the shooter elements get buffed up while the rpg elements get constantly hacked and slashed. There is no "nice mix" or "easy compromise".

If you don't like it don't play it. There's no reason going on here and constantly whining and shouting about it. Along with insulting people who disagree with you. It's just aggravating.
I keep seeing this phrase and it still boggles my mind. What does that mean? How can I know what I like unless I play it? That's one of the major flaws in your reasoning.

The real aggravation here is the constant pandering to shooter fanboys. I'm going to whine and shout aslong as you guys keep ruining the gaming industry. I think its only fair that I get to rant about it, if you get to muck up a great entertaining medium.
Okay, maybe that wasn't the correct phrase. At least not completely correct. What I'm trying to say is if you don't like the game you are playing, don't keep playing. I thought what I said before was enough but apparently you need it explained to you.

Also, don't assume that just because I liked ME3's mechanics means I'm a shooter fanboy. Like you Zeel, I too enjoy RPG's. My avatar is Vivi for pete's sake! :/

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
SecretNegative said:
erttheking said:
sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip
Just drop it, none of you will clearly gain anything from it. And right now I seriously need reason not to wipe out all human life, so please, just stop arguing with Zeel, it's pointless anyway.

Unless you're doing it for teh lulz of course, then I must applaud your manlyness.
Eh, bit of a mix, I'm tired of him throwing around the "you never have any logical arguments" card. Now that I've thrown something out there, I think I'm done arguing with him, back to solely pointing out what's wrong with his attitude.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
I eagerly await another month of the same ME3 argument being discussed back and forth in ten different identical threads when this comes out.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I can't help but wonder how much this DLC is going to cost, there's rumors that it might be free but who knows. Anyway Zeel, I've presented my arguments, I'm done arguing with you. You may reassume irrationally hating ME3 and all you enjoyed it before the ending.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
Kahunaburger said:
I eagerly await another month of the same ME3 argument being discussed back and forth in ten different identical threads when this comes out.
Month?

They said they'd be producing more DLC over the course of the next year. It's gonna be a blast! Hopefully a red one!

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Let me think about that...nope. I'm sorry, the words, "halo fanboy" got dropped one too many times. It made me...not care about what you had to say.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Zeel said:
scorptatious said:
Okay, maybe that wasn't the correct phrase. At least not completely correct. What I'm trying to say is if you don't like the game you are playing, don't keep playing. I thought what I said before was enough but apparently you need it explained to you.

Also, don't assume that just because I liked ME3's mechanics means I'm a shooter fanboy. Like you Zeel, I too enjoy RPG's. My avatar is Vivi for pete's sake! :/
You don't have to tell me to stop playing something when I don't enjoy it. I'm pretty sure I know that.

The problem here is the entire series got ruined because of this one game. That's my problem with it.
And you're entitled to that opinion. The problem I have with you though, is that you seem to spend an awful lot of time stirring up trouble through constantly whining about the game and insulting people. Believe it or not Zeel, there are people who enjoy these kinds of games, and they aren't all the mindless drones you seem to believe they are.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Uh no I'm not, I'm a Halo fan, and you continue to insult me at every possible turn. I see no reason to debate with you if you're simply going to insult me. Convincing you that you are wrong takes a backseat to my personal comfort.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
Zeel said:
I love the Baldurs Gate series. Probably my favourite.

I'm a huge Zelda fanboy when the situation calls for it. Though their lastest games haven't been leaving much of an impact. The puzzles are still pretty good.

I like some of the old school final fantasy games, like 3 and 6 (could be confusing the numbers)

Mass effect 1 would probably be in my top 5 favourite games.

Planescape torment. Utter classic.
Bioshock is good
the new batman games are good. I mean. i'm not picky, I just need a certain quality in my games.
Given that you seem to be a fan of the RPG classics, I'm actually a little curious if you've played either Deus Ex or System Shock 2. If you have played them, how'd you feel about them? They're both games that aren't uncommon to be found on people's favorite game lists, and they're both titles that tried to blur the lines between RPG and FPS (Bioshock actually being a spiritual successor to System Shock 2).