Bioware Confirms Game Extending DLC

Harb

May 2, 2010
Tomo Stryker said:
Bioware, more specifically Casey Hudson has announced that they are creating game extending DLC. Downloadable content that will extend the game past the ending, like Fallout 3's Broken Steel.

Here is the link http://news.yahoo.com/mass-effect-3-game-fans-campaign-ending-195542082.html

Hudson, however, noting feedback from players that the ending was too bleak, said BioWare was working on new content that will be made available to download online to extend play beyond the current finish of the game.

Any thoughts on the subject people?

Free or not (and I don't believe this kind of DLC should be free anyway), after THE ending I'm not interested in Mass Effect franchise anyone. It could've been great, it could've been memorable, one-of-a-kind action-RPG series. But any DLC will only remind me that at the end I would get A, B or C. No thanks.

It is nice that Bioware has plans and wants to keep the series alive and interesting, but I won't be participating. Better start Syberia again, that ending will never get old.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Oh really? yeah, renegade actions were SO gray, especially in the first game. What's that? The colonists have been infected with a spore that is controlling their minds? I have grenades specifically designed to stun them? FUCK THAT LET'S KILL EM ALL! What's this, a woman said that she was being controlled by Soveirgn? She just gave me the Cipher. I can let her go? FUCK THAT BULLET TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD! What's that? The Rachni are still alive? They said that they don't know why the war started right after we were shown that brainwashing exists in the ME universe? We can let her go? FUCK THAT DOUSE THE ***** IN ACID! What's that? Wrex is angry that you're going to prevent his species from recovering? You can talk him down FUCK THAT GUN THE SOB DOWN...yeah I'm not buying it.

Ironically, you criticize me for just wanting shooting and instant gratification when Renegade can be summarizes as just that, kill everything or punch it in the face.

Tomo Stryker

Aug 20, 2010
erttheking said:
Oh really? yeah, renegade actions were SO gray, especially in the first game. What's that? The colonists have been infected with a spore that is controlling their minds? I have grenades specifically designed to stun them? FUCK THAT LET'S KILL EM ALL! What's this, a woman said that she was being controlled by Soveirgn? She just gave me the Cipher. I can let her go? FUCK THAT BULLET TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD! What's that? The Rachni are still alive? They said that they don't know why the war started right after we were shown that brainwashing exists in the ME universe? We can let her go? FUCK THAT DOUSE THE ***** IN ACID! What's that? Wrex is angry that you're going to prevent his species from recovering? You can talk him down FUCK THAT GUN THE SOB DOWN...yeah I'm not buying it.
I got a decent laugh out of it. But if Zeel is gonna spread unnecessary flames on this thread could you politely remove yourself. Ya, the Renegade choices in the first game aren't exactly gray. There more, "I'm being a total badass, screw the consequences!". Its kinda fun though.

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
Wow Misery much? all because they want a different ending..... I hope they charge for it. 1200 microsoft points. because the reaction to ME3's ending was complete and utter bullshit.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
ravenshrike said:
erttheking said:
What's this, a woman said that she was being controlled by Soveirgn? She just gave me the Cipher. I can let her go? FUCK THAT BULLET TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!
And if you let her live she
Kills a bunch of people in ME3 because she was indoctrinated
Uh...no she doesn't. She and the Zhu's hope colonists form an effective fighting unit. She said that she was still indoctrinated but the voices that she heard from being connected to the other colonists drowned it out...OH she must kill people if you kill the colonists and let her live.

Edit: Yeash, Zeel is really blowing his top here.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Tomo Stryker said:
erttheking said:
I got a decent laugh out of it. But if Zeel is gonna spread unnecessary flames on this thread could you politely remove yourself. Ya, the Renegade choices in the first game aren't exactly gray. There more, "I'm being a total badass, screw the consequences!". Its kinda fun though.
Fair enough, after all I wouldn't beat my head against a brick wall.

EDIT: Yeesh did a Halo fan kill his parents or something? Why does he hate us do much?

TheCommanders

ohmygodimonfire
Nov 30, 2011
ravenshrike said:
erttheking said:
What's this, a woman said that she was being controlled by Soveirgn? She just gave me the Cipher. I can let her go? FUCK THAT BULLET TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!
And if you let her live she
Kills a bunch of people in ME3 because she was indoctrinated
Actually, you are confusing two different Asari (racist bastard :p just kidding). The one who gave you the cipher is actually Shiala (not to be confused with Sha'ira the consort). If you let her go she turns up in ME2 seeking to help out the people of Feros. In ME3, what you did with her and the other colonists determines how many war asset's you get for Zhu's Hope.

The other Asari (the one you are thinking of here) is named Rana Thanoptis. You first encounter her in Saren's base on Virmire, and can choose to let her live. If you do she appears briefly again in ME2 when you go to recruit the Krogan Warlord. If she's still alive in ME3, then she kills a group of Asari VIPs and civilians.

Different people.