BioWare Crowned Champion of March Mayhem 2015

Sep 14, 2009
out of ALL the years for them to possibly win it..this was not the one. mass effect 2 maybe, but sweet jesus was inquisition a huge pile of "meh", with a 4 course meal of filler content.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
Oh good, this march mayhem event is over. I guess this thread will definitely not be filled with people taking the outcome way too seriously and bitching about other people's taste in games ...

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
That last vote confuses me though.

Between the two companies BioWare released one game and TTG released three in the same year and all three of them were of comparable quality...whereas BioWare's one game wasn't a train wreck but it certainly wasn't good enough to counterbalance three TTG titles of outstanding quality in my opinion.

But that aside my opinion is worth exactly 1 vote and apparently other people grade BioWare on a career average curve or something, as compared to a single years achievements.

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
OOOOOOOOOOooooohhhh the bitter tears, they taste so sweet and yet, so salty. I love them, I love them so. The fact that everyone in these forums hates BioWare SOOOOO much and yet Bioware continues to win community Game of the Year and March Madness just illustrates the very definition of the phrase vocal minority.

Honestly, I think both companies are great, I love Dragon Age Inquisition and I love the Walking Dead and I really wanna play The Wolf Among Us. I'm glad these two companies were in the final two, their success was WELL DESERVED.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I had Valve picked for winning it all against Bioware.

I haven't kept up with the forums as much but remember Valve as being a company that could do no wrong around here. Everything was a masterpiece in it's field. I just assumed nothing would touch them and voted accordingly.

I'm really happy to have been prove wrong.

Now I love Telltale Games and would personally vote them over Valve but you have to admit that Telltale is a one trick pony. They make one game and they do it well. Not even amazingly well since no one raves about their gameplay. I was shocked to see them beat Valve.

My personal take on Bioware vs Telltale. Both these companies are similar in that they focus on one type of game for the most part. Telltale has made much better games in the last 2 years but Bioware has the superior backlog. Ultimately I'd give the nod to Bioware since they blend good storyline and gameplay. It's just a more complete gaming package.

Gratz to those who won! I finished 40th apparently. Feels good :)

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Joseph Harrison said:
OOOOOOOOOOooooohhhh the bitter tears, they taste so sweet and yet, so salty. I love them, I love them so. The fact that everyone in these forums hates BioWare SOOOOO much and yet Bioware continues to win community Game of the Year and March Madness just illustrates the very definition of the phrase vocal minority.

Honestly, I think both companies are great, I love Dragon Age Inquisition and I love the Walking Dead and I really wanna play The Wolf Among Us. I'm glad these two companies were in the final two, their success was WELL DESERVED.
The Wolf Among Us is an amazing game. Personally I like it more than The Walking Dead games.

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
Bat Vader said:
Joseph Harrison said:
The Wolf Among Us is an amazing game. Personally I like it more than The Walking Dead games.
I know, I wish I could play it but between Walking Dead Season 2, Wolf Among Us, Witcher 3 and Cities: Skylines I just can't afford to buy all these games so I've had to wait. Plus I've been watching people stream Rainbow Six Siege and Killing Floor 2 and now I really want those games. Woe is me to be a poor college student.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Joseph Harrison said:
Bat Vader said:
Joseph Harrison said:
I know, I wish I could play it but between Walking Dead Season 2, Wolf Among Us, Witcher 3 and Cities: Skylines I just can't afford to buy all these games so I've had to wait. Plus I've been watching people stream Rainbow Six Siege and Killing Floor 2 and now I really want those games. Woe is me to be a poor college student.
Kinda insane how expensive college can be. I'm attending a community college at the moment but I would love to attend either Michigan State University or University of Michigan. At the same time though I'm not really keen on the idea of going into debt via student loans.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I think that Telltale's fundamental problem as a game dev is that there's very little in terms of gameplay. I'm not contesting the emotional punch of their stories or whatever, but I think that in designing a game, gameplay should always come first, and there's very little of it in Telltale games.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Well that's not really surprising. People voted for Inquisition as GOTY, stands to reason that they'd vote for the company that made it to be dev of the year...

Also, let's not resort to name calling. I mean, I didn't vote them either (I stopped caring after Supergiant was knocked out), but still, people are entitled to their opinions.

TT Kairen

Nov 10, 2011
I am pleased. The game developer won. Thank you to all who voted BioWare. Dragon Age: Inquisition was by NO stretch of the imagination perfect, but it was thoroughly enjoyable all the same, and deserves this spot.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
s0osleepie said:
And a huge congratulations to the top ten March Mayhem 2015 predictors:
Wasn't it supposed to be the top twenty?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/prizes/21/

"Once the voting has ended and a victor has been crowned, 20 lucky winners will receive a full year of Publisher's Club"

I mean, not that it affects me. I'm not in the top ten OR twenty, but still... false advertising.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
So, all it takes to propel Bioware to victory is to put out one game that isn't a disappointment? Wow, way to set the bar low...

Zaeseled

May 17, 2011
You're the king...Well I didn't vote for you. DAI was a massive dissappointment in my opinion.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
It's not like actually need people to tell me that gaming is dying. I knew that without this poll. But eh, congratz I guess. A huge step backwards.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Im not so much happy that Bioware won but that Telltale lost. it should not gone half as far as it went. CUrse you for destroying all those good companies in your run.

truckspond said:
So dragon RPG #482 managed to beat all of the actually memorable characters and stories that Telltale have released in 2014...
Dragon RPG #482 beat Visual novel #857

Not much love for either companies here.

Jandau said:
So, all it takes to propel Bioware to victory is to put out one game that isn't a disappointment? Wow, way to set the bar low...
OR have an opponent that does not make any games.

BiH-Kira said:
It's not like actually need people to tell me that gaming is dying. I knew that without this poll. But eh, congratz I guess. A huge step backwards.
Gaming is dieing because the company with actual gamesplay has won.... sorry, does not compute.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Strazdas said:
truckspond said:
So dragon RPG #482 managed to beat all of the actually memorable characters and stories that Telltale have released in 2014...
Dragon RPG #482 beat Visual novel #857
You obviously have not played any of the 11 episodes of three series released in 2014 by Telltale if you think there is only one generic visual novel.

Strazdas said:
OR have an opponent that does not make any games.
Yes, aside from the 11 games released by Telltale in 2014 they made no games.

Strazdas said:
Gaming is dieing because the company with actual gamesplay has won.... sorry, does not compute.
Yes, aside from all of the gameplay needed to drive the story forward and the choices made during said gameplay there is absolutely no interactivity whatsoever in all of the 11 games released by Telltale in 2014.

Dude, stop reading whatever newspaper you currently are and experience things for yourself.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
truckspond said:
You obviously have not played any of the 11 episodes of three series released in 2014 by Telltale if you think there is only one generic visual novel.
ITs funny considering you just claimed there is only one generic Dragon RPG....

Yes, aside from the 11 games released by Telltale in 2014 they made no games.
Well i guess choose your own adventure books are technically games nowadays.

Yes, aside from all of the gameplay needed to drive the story forward
Clicking on text with a mouse.