BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
The Pinray said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Be right back guys, making some tea.

Anyone else want one while I'm there? Maybe a sandwich?

I could put some popcorn on?
I'll take some chips if you have them.

Although I do have a sinking feeling that this thread is slowly winding down. :(
No chips, just crisps (yes, I'm being pedantic, but I'm allowed. I'm British).

The only thing that could possibly make this better is if Zeel had some sort of arch nemesis...

Any minute now.

Arch nemesis will enter this thread.

lol it used to be me then i decided he wasnt worth my time.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Zeel said:
Radoh said:
Zeel said:
Llamazoid said:
Zeel said:
That and "Bioware is telling the truth". I'd sooner bite off my thumb than believe a word that comes out of the Bioware's PR team. Their entire job is lie to the consumer.
I'm sorry but wasn't it you who called EA and Bioware liars? The irony that the proof or facts your attempting to use against us and failing to do so, are coming from people who are in your words "lie to the consumer." This is a tad ironic no?

Because if you acknowledge the fact that they are not liars. You must also acknowledge the fact that Michael Gamble and other Bioware representatives used in this debate must be telling the truth. If that's the case then it's a fact that are telling the truth in this article addressing the Day 1 DLC.
Thikreen is a developer not the PR team. Plus his explanation makes sense. No I don't have to acknowlege anything. They are liars but not all the time. I think they are lying in this case well because; the evidence says the prothean was released in nov. They say jan. They are lying. It's really simple to put this together.
So you trust this Thrikreen is telling the truth when he says he's a developer, but not the PR team.
Now this becomes more convoluted as I need proof that he works for Bioware, since I'm wary of people online saying they are Nigerian royalty or are developers for game companies.
Well okay. I can't prove that he works at Bioware other than his profile. What he said does seem pretty reasonable and logical to me. Regardless of where he works, what he said still adds more to the discussion.
Exactly as I expected.
He's a Bioware employee because it would be convenient to your argument.
That's all this has been in the end hasn't it?
Someone speculates and posts evidence, you deny it because it isn't one hundred percent confirmed and because it is inconvenient.
But you speculate and post evidence then it must be true and everyone needs to treat it as such.
Llamazoid said:
Radoh said:
So you trust this Thrikreen is telling the truth when he says he's a developer, but not the PR team.
Now this becomes more convoluted as I need proof that he works for Bioware, since I'm wary of people online saying they are Nigerian royalty or are developers for game companies.
If you look at Thrikeen's input into this thread, which can be seen through his profile. Look at the context of the conversations he had with Zeel, he discredits him almost 90% of the time. Mostly unsure about these theories he came up with, the only one occasion he agreed was with a topic we all agreed on there's hints that this NPC conveys information about Sheperds mission and this anti Repear weapon their building. As well as the DLC allows him to be a Squad member.
I would love to spend more of my day on looking into what this individual has been saying, but I can't cut through the fluff that doesn't pertain to this argument fast enough to find what is relevant to Zeel's posts.
Heck, I bet I'll be way behind when I finish posting this and will have to play catch up for a solid page.
Now, what I'm hoping for is actually credible evidence to:
A. Prove he works for Bioware.
B. That what Zeel is saying is true/false.

To be attributed where it is seen fit to do so.
This whole topic is becoming very convoluted and spending the time it takes to organise through it all is one hell of a task for someone who had to be places throughout this whole thing.

Llamazoid

Mar 10, 2011
Well he's pretty much admitted his defeat, admitting he doesn't know if his source works with Bioware or not,that leaves him with no leg to stand on. His evidence is shoddy at best and can be interpreted to the will of both sides. Zeel's just stated the question we all were thinking at the beginning:

"IS THE CHARACTER ONLY GAINED THROUGH THE DLC? THATS THE ISSUE."

I'm going out on a limb here and say I'm basically were 99% sure the Character is only available through the DLC just like Kasumi was in ME2. Does this matter or affect the story if you don't have them? No. Will anything change in the story because of the DLC? Aside from the Squad banter and his own personal mission..No.

*Grabs a sandwich*

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Radoh said:
Oh neat, Zeel got the Six hundred sixty sixth post in the thread.
That's fun to me, anyone else think that's fun?
It is amusing, I'm willing to bet he created a profile just to rant about ME3. Not sure what he expects to achieve with it.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Ukomba said:
Radoh said:
Oh neat, Zeel got the Six hundred sixty sixth post in the thread.
That's fun to me, anyone else think that's fun?
It is amusing, I'm willing to bet he created a profile just to rant about ME3. Not sure what he expects to achieve with it.
Why bet?
He did, I saw two of his posts and wanted to know more, and sure enough he made an account and about ninety percent of his posts were ME3 related.
The others are him bashing religion and a few miscellaneous things.

Batman

Feb 12, 2012
Good 'morrow to the gentlefolk of Escapist.
I've been following the escapists forums for a little over a year now, mainly for zero/extra punctuation. But lately I've started becoming more interested in reading the forums. Around 3 months (I think) a certain problem crept into the forums and it seems you guys have been unable to contain it. Now, I was on the point of warning you guys several times over the course of the last few months and even registered an account to this end. But each time I was on the verge of explaining the source of this trouble I told myself "no, lets just see how far this goes" (mostly for shits and giggles) but also to see if escapists can handle the situation where so many other forums failed. Since then I've had many a laugh and think it time to put this problem to rest.
With that I ask you to direct your attention to this blog spot and it'll all be made pretty clear I should think. Do not ask me how I came to find this particular blog spot as this would be my one and only post in this forum. I shall go back to my shadowy corner, well until this sort of thing repeats and I have to come out of my hibernation again.

In the meantime
Stay classy escapists and "don't feed the trolls".

Signed: Your friendly neighborhood whatever

http://xkingxzeel.blogspot.co.nz/

zxvcasdfqwerzxcv

Nov 19, 2009
This doesn't bother me in the slightest. (Then again I've got my CE ordered!) Anyone bothered by it really needs to get over themselves - its not a big deal!

Honestly, ME3 has developed new levels of whinging and moaning I didn't think possible from the human race! I really just don't get it!

Dec 14, 2009
Nuwan Kuruwita said:
I've been following the escapists forums for a little over a year now, mainly for zero/extra punctuation. But lately I've started becoming more interested in reading the forums. Around 3 months (I think) a certain problem crept into the forums and it seems you guys have been unable to contain it. Now, I was on the point of warning you guys several times over the course of the last few months and even registered an account to this end. But each time I was on the verge of explaining the source of this trouble I told myself "no, lets just see how far this goes" (mostly for shits and giggles) but also to see if escapists can handle the situation where so many other forums failed. Since then I've had many a laugh and think it time to put this problem to rest.
With that I ask you to direct your attention to this blog spot and it'll all be made pretty clear I should think. Do not ask me how I came to find this particular blog spot as this would be my one and only post in this forum. I shall go back to my shadowy corner, well until this sort of thing repeats and I have to come out of my hibernation again.

In the meantime

I don't know who you are, stranger.

But thank you.

Thank you so bloody much.

godofslack

May 8, 2011
animehermit said:
godofslack said:
animehermit said:
Xaio30 said:
Bioware, It's a fucking Prothean.

Just let that sink in for a bit and realize that IT'S DIRECTLY RELEVANT TO THE PLOT!

Sure Bioware, remove all the fancy outfits and extras, but for gods sake keep the plot relevant stuff with the plot!
It's been pretty much confirmed that the prothean is in the game regardless, it's just the DLC adds him as a squad mate.
I do find it odd no one in Bioware has claimed that yet. And I would simply love that. I'm sure just releasing characters already in the game but, who don't join up with your squad as DLC squad mates would make a killing. I know I'd pay money to get some of my favorite classic squad mates back on my team.
They have a fairly strict no spoiler policy when it comes to what info they release about the game.
That's not really a spoiler. All they would have to say is that he's in the game even if you don't buy the DLC just not as a squad mate.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
no more collectors editions T_T I was going to buy it but now I have to settle for the standard edition.

why didnt they make more? alot more?.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Nuwan Kuruwita said:

In the meantime

You....you glorious glorious man/woman you!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Dec 14, 2009
anthony87 said:
Nuwan Kuruwita said:

In the meantime

You....you glorious glorious man/woman you!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
This is the arch nemesis I was talking about!

[HEADING=1]Holy shit! This thread is fucking awesome![/HEADING]

It's like an action movie, except, you know, without the action...