BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
It's quite an interesting insight into the mind of our little Zeel isn't it? I was actually starting to feel a little bad about us basically ganging up and being kinda hard on him. Now I think we should be HARDER.

Oh god I hope he talks about us in his blog!

And we don't need action! We've got spirit!

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Mycroft Holmes said:
I agree. Actually when you think about it, you don't really need any squad members at all to win the game. Imo they should charge 10$ for every squad member because they aren't really necessary, its just 'cool' to have them. And they can just add an NPC helmsman with no personality, I mean its cool and all to have Joker and EDE, but really they aren't necessary to the game at all. If you really want joker back you can just pay a 5$ fee, 'cus its just not necessary content. Voice actors also cost money, and the game can get its plot across pretty well in text. I think you should have to pay a 1$ to each voice actor before the audio turns on.
It is like Zaeed or Kasumi in ME2. Were they necessary? No. Were they cool to take along? Yes.

Having no squad members is over exaggeration and really, really stupid. I hope I don't need to tell you why. There is a big difference between locking out half the game, and not giving free access to some optional Easter Egg bonus character.

Hell, your complaint would even make sense if it was a returning squad character - like your Joker example. Joker is a character we have had in the previous games, with us the whole time. With a returning character, there is the expectation they will come for free - especially when the game is heavily story based, including that character quite often.
In comparison, we know zip about the Prothean, if it weren't announced and was cut from production we wouldn't know nor care about the 'disappearance' of it (As opposed to the people who will spam for news on their favourite squad members they do know), the impact of it being a squadmate on the game will be minimal at best.

What do you actually know about this Prothean that makes him so essential to the story.
Well? I'm waiting.
The answer is pretty much nothing.
He is a Prothean. Big Whoop. Yeah, its cool for the fans of the series. Does that mean that the Prothean being a squadmate is 100% required for you to finish the game? No. It does not. The game was designed, then the Prothean Squad mate DLC would have been designed to go with the game, whilst not being vital to the story - as the story has already been told.

And don't get me started on the whole taking out voice actors and such. A stupid comparison if there ever was one.

A lot of people here are overreacting to some fan service being given to the fans. I still stand by what I've said. It won't be necessary, but it will be a cool add on. Until the game is released, we won't know for sure, but there is little reason to believe it will be more than a cool little add on other than paranoia.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Round and round the bush we go, continuing to beat it...

This ALWAYS happens in the period before a high-profile game. Suddenly all the whiners come out of their basements to voice their deluded opinions...

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
anthony87 said:
It's quite an interesting insight into the mind of our little Zeel isn't it? I was actually starting to feel a little bad about us basically ganging up and being kinda hard on him. Now I think we should be HARDER.

Oh god I hope he talks about us in his blog!

And we don't need action! We've got spirit!
he had some credit to him but now its gone so i won't believe a word he says even if he's right

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Richardplex said:
Besides, this was intended from the beginning to be for the Collector's/Digital Deluxe Edition
If that's true, then Michael Gambles argument carries little weight. If whatever content is ready to be paid for on the release day, then it would make for good PR. The rest of what you said makes perfect sense however, most of the complainers are just being entitled little twats.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
Nuwan Kuruwita said:
Good 'morrow to the gentlefolk of Escapist.
I've been following the escapists forums for a little over a year now, mainly for zero/extra punctuation. But lately I've started becoming more interested in reading the forums. Around 3 months (I think) a certain problem crept into the forums and it seems you guys have been unable to contain it. Now, I was on the point of warning you guys several times over the course of the last few months and even registered an account to this end. But each time I was on the verge of explaining the source of this trouble I told myself "no, lets just see how far this goes" (mostly for shits and giggles) but also to see if escapists can handle the situation where so many other forums failed. Since then I've had many a laugh and think it time to put this problem to rest.
With that I ask you to direct your attention to this blog spot and it'll all be made pretty clear I should think. Do not ask me how I came to find this particular blog spot as this would be my one and only post in this forum. I shall go back to my shadowy corner, well until this sort of thing repeats and I have to come out of my hibernation again.

In the meantime
Stay classy escapists and "don't feed the trolls".

Signed: Your friendly neighborhood whatever

http://xkingxzeel.blogspot.co.nz/
It all makes sense now, guys! It all makes sense now! Bless you, amazing stranger! Bless you!

I swear this thread has truly made my day.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
zeel it was established by bioware employees...... ohh wait you ignore everything they say unless it suits your own needs, because they are all "liars" unless the are supporting you, how silly of me to forget

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Zeel said:
JamesStone said:
Zeel said:
I swear I must look like such a badass to everyone reading this thead. Everytime you guys come at me with a new argument, I swat it away like god damn fruit flies. You guys have lost. Just admit it. ADMIT IT. THATS WHAT MAKES THIS SO HILARIOUS.

EVERY ARGUMENT I REFUTE, you guys just come up with new ones. MY STANCE has remained the same. you guys have been changing more than a god damn teenage girl.
I AM RIGHT, YOU ARE WRONG. Just admit it guys.

admit it, admit it, admit it, admit it.
This is hilarious. Every argument we present is ignored by the Supreme Overlord Zeel and he makes up new facts. As we are forced to explain to him the new "facts", actual rambling and nonsense that he claims but never supports about the same thing with slighty different words, he can then say we are making things up, and that we is right. To add an extra layer of stupidity and hilarious? Have every post filled with pedantic rage and Caps Lock obssession.

Brilliant comedy, good sir! I think you should write a sitcom. It's name? "When I forget to take my pills".
I'm so tired of this. Everytime I ask you guys to put up. you don't. when you ask me to put up. I do. You guys don't put up but pretend you do.

Which new "fact" am I inventing.
if your tired go to bed