BioWare Details Lair of the Shadowbroker

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioWare Details Lair of the Shadowbroker

Lair of the Shadowbroker, the new DLC for Mass Effect 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-2-Pc/dp/B001VJ4DHK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1282600030&sr=8-2], will be released next month, adding new research, achievements and maybe even a chance to put the famous Shepard moves on the hottie biottie.

Rumors of Liara-centric DLC for Mass Effect 2 first bobbed to the surface back in BioWare [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100124-Rumor-Liara-DLC-Coming-to-Mass-Effect-2] announced that Lair of the Shadowbroker would give players the chance to have not just one, but two blue-skinned sexpots living aboard the Normandy. That moment is now close at hand, as the studio revealed today that the new expansion is slated for release early next month.

Liara T'Soni is hot on the heels of the elusive Shadow Broker, determined to recover the man he kidnapped - and the Shadow Broker's agents are just as determined to stop her, no matter what the cost. The new DLC will take players from the "luxurious heights of Illium to the Shadow Broker's own secret lair" and will add the Shadow Broker intel center, new research options, five new achievements and "the chance to continue a relationship with Liara."

I suppose it's possible that "continuing a relationship" could simply refer to her return to the crew, but I think it's safe to assume that there's more of a "come upstairs to Chez Shepard" angle to it. Not that I'm being critical, of course. After all, I hooked up with a space chick who for all I know has a face like a jaundiced Predator.

For the record, I have no idea why "Shadowbroker" is one word in the DLC title and two words everywhere else, but that's how it is. Lair of the Shadowbroker is scheduled to come out on September 7 at a cost of 800 Microsoft or BioWare Points.

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
YES! Finally a release date. Been looking forward to this DLC ever since they found those audio files way back when. I'm tired of this weapon and armor DLC that should have came free through the Cerberus Network...friggin greedy EA... grumble grumble..

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Lillowh said:
YES! Finally a release date. Been looking forward to this DLC ever since they found those audio files way back when. I'm tired of this weapon and armor DLC that should have came free through the Cerberus Network...friggin greedy EA... grumble grumble..
Ye I am not seeing the point of these DLC with some weps and armor, should atleast be free, only using the collector armor/wep anyway...

Looking forward to this though.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Good good, not that long to wait now. Hopefully, this will be a fairly meaty package, seeing that it weighs in at 800 MS points. The thought of continuing a relationship with Liara sounds neat, I just wonder what Ms T'Soni will think of my Shepards antics with Thane.

On a somewhat shameful side note, the armour Liara is wearing in that screenie up there does an excellent job of accentuating her curves...

*dies*

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
*Girlish Squeal* *cough awkward;y* Right...anyway. I'm quite excited for this DLC, havin played through Overlord and being absolutely floored as to how well Bioware's DLC has improved I have to say I'm looking forward to this one

Upbeat Zombie

Jun 29, 2010
Kinda wish they would make an expansion ME2 like they did for Dragon Age. But as long as this DLC isn't only 2 hours long, than I will be more than happy to pay for it.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Lost In The Void said:
*Girlish Squeal* *cough awkward;y* Right...anyway. I'm quite excited for this DLC, havin played through Overlord and being absolutely floored as to how well Bioware's DLC has improved I have to say I'm looking forward to this one
How is Overlord? I've bought it but it has yet to download fully onto my Xbox 360.

I also bought Monkey Island 1 & 2 as well... That's probably why it's so slow at downloading.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
if "Overlord" and "Stolen Memories" are any indication of quality, this will be awesome. Must admit the Shadowbroker/Shadow Broker thing is giving me an aneurysm, though.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
zHellas said:
ow is Overlord? I've bought it but it has yet to download fully onto my Xbox 360.
First of all I don't want to spoil anything but the ending images in some regard actually made me retch a little, its emotionally disturbing, at least it was to me. Very well done piece in my opinion, but very rage inducing on Insanity difficulty.

Sorry about the non-quote PMing thing, but I'm at work and the quote button doesn't work so hope you see this

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Finally the DLC that will get me to replay the game again. And possibly replaying ME1 first.

And I'll get/play all the other DLC I've missed as well.

But... this is released at an inconvenient date for me, what with Metroid: Other M, so it might be a while before I get it.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Finally some hints of release date! Am myself dying to play this, funny that the only game I look forward this year besides New Vegas is a DLC.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Finall a DLC I am intrested in for the game! I cannot wait! Loved her in first game so cant wat for her action!

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Daemascus said:
Must... Not... Buy ... Any more ME2 DLC...

We are the biofans, You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile

It seems that we have final release, my friend is going to be a very happy fanboy.

Apr 28, 2008
I wonder if you can actually interact with her if she's a squad member. The whole activate object to have Zaeed/Kasumi talk mechanic is pretty lame.

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
As awesome as all that sounds, I can't help but think 800 POINTS?! Are you crazy?!
Ahem. As a matter of interest, will the DLC actions (mainly thinking of this one) carry over to ME3 do people think?