BioWare Gives Best ME 3 Pre-Order Bonuses To GameStop

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Ciler said:
I just can't get excited about pre-order bonuses anymore; they tend to add very little to my actual experience when I play a game. Last year I jumped on Dragon Age 2 for the pre-order bonuses, but unfortunately that game didn't really meet my expectations. I'd rather just wait a few extra months for the game to cost half as much (or less)...
Pretty much this. Pre-order bonuses are boring for me more often than not.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
JediMB said:
Crono1973 said:
JediMB said:
Crono1973 said:
JediMB said:
This is shitty. Publishers really need to stop giving GameStop extra benefits over other retailers. It makes sense to add stuff to the Origin version, since that's EA's platform, but GameStop... gah...

Well, I'm not going to move my pre-order. I've got it with a retailer that actually provides good service for its customers.
Just goes to show that Gamestop is NOT an enemy to the publishers. Next time you see an anti-used games/anti-Gamestop thread, remember things like this.
The thing is that GameStop is (in the US) the biggest retailer of both new and used games. That's part of why it's so hard for the publishers to take action against retailers of used games, as they don't want to risk getting on GameStop's bad side.

Instead, they just end up getting on their customers' bad side with their online passes and shit.
Oh right, the publishers are the victims here and Gamestop are twisting their arm. Where does this apologetic BS come from? Is there a church somewhere?

Once again, I have to prove that I am not a bot.
No, I just said -- though perhaps not clearly enough -- in the last sentence that the customers are the ones who end up being the victims, due to the publishers' conflicting interests with the retailers.

But it is a fact that retailers have threatened to stop stocking products from specific publishers due to publisher business practices the retailers see as potentially detrimental to their profits. That's why digital distribution platforms like Steam have to charge the full physical retail price for new games.
I had a long post typed out and it didn't go through. I am not going to retype it but I will try to get the main points.

Retailer exclusive pre order bonuses are the problem here, they shouldn't exist and most people hate them anyway. Retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses mean that NO ONE gets the complete game lest they pre-order it from multiple retailers. Greed and stupidity at it's finest.

Note to publishers: Don't ***** about used game sales and then help to get bodies into Gamestop stores.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Crono1973 said:
JediMB said:
Crono1973 said:
JediMB said:
Crono1973 said:
JediMB said:
This is shitty. Publishers really need to stop giving GameStop extra benefits over other retailers. It makes sense to add stuff to the Origin version, since that's EA's platform, but GameStop... gah...

Well, I'm not going to move my pre-order. I've got it with a retailer that actually provides good service for its customers.
Just goes to show that Gamestop is NOT an enemy to the publishers. Next time you see an anti-used games/anti-Gamestop thread, remember things like this.
The thing is that GameStop is (in the US) the biggest retailer of both new and used games. That's part of why it's so hard for the publishers to take action against retailers of used games, as they don't want to risk getting on GameStop's bad side.

Instead, they just end up getting on their customers' bad side with their online passes and shit.
Oh right, the publishers are the victims here and Gamestop are twisting their arm. Where does this apologetic BS come from? Is there a church somewhere?

Once again, I have to prove that I am not a bot.
No, I just said -- though perhaps not clearly enough -- in the last sentence that the customers are the ones who end up being the victims, due to the publishers' conflicting interests with the retailers.

But it is a fact that retailers have threatened to stop stocking products from specific publishers due to publisher business practices the retailers see as potentially detrimental to their profits. That's why digital distribution platforms like Steam have to charge the full physical retail price for new games.
I had a long post typed out and it didn't go through. I am not going to retype it but I will try to get the main points.

Retailer exclusive pre order bonuses are the problem here, they shouldn't exist and most people hate them anyway. Retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses mean that NO ONE gets the complete game lest they pre-order it from multiple retailers. Greed and stupidity at it's finest.

Note to publishers: Don't ***** about used game sales and then help to get bodies into Gamestop stores.
And I agree on all points.

Sadly it seems people in positions of power have a tendency to be a short-sighted lot.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Bioware really has sold out. This will probably be the last title I buy from them. So if I don`t preorder the game at all or not from GS. The game will probably barely come with any items or armor just like ME2. Way to go Bioware. Can`t wait to see your 100s of weapon packs and armour packs that will come in DLC as well to milk us of all of our money and make up for the lackluster amount of items you actually put into the game.

Without this I bet the game probably only has 2 weapons for each category and a few armours. The rest is cut out for DLC. Just like what they did with 2.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
00slash00 said:
wait so this gamestop bonus only applies to the console version? laaaame
I thought it meant that no matter which version someone has pre-ordered they would get the bonus as long as they pre-ordered it from GameStop. I could have read the article wrong too. I am going to re-read it just to make sure.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I already pre-ordered it from Gamestop, before these bonuses were announced.
It was just easier that way, but this is a cool bonus too I suppose.

Magnicon

Nov 25, 2011
Actually, in a greedy attempt to milk people for every penny they possibly can, they have provided pirates with the best pre-order option, as they get ALL bonuses for free.

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
well the only preorder thing I saw that was worth a dam was the one that comes with an inflatable omniblade everything else is just guns and armor

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
gof22 said:
00slash00 said:
wait so this gamestop bonus only applies to the console version? laaaame
I thought it meant that no matter which version someone has pre-ordered they would get the bonus as long as they pre-ordered it from GameStop. I could have read the article wrong too. I am going to re-read it just to make sure.
thats what i thought at first but the end of the article, where it said gamestop is the best option if youre buying it for a console, or something like that, leads me the believe that this offer doesnt apply to the pc. i meant this bonus doesnt seem that great so im not too heartbroken if i dont get it, but its still a shame if its a console only deal

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Meanwhile, pirates gets all bonuses.
Publishers keep hurting themselves by being money-grabbing douchebags and then shifting the blame.
Yes, piracy is an issue, but screwing over your customers is just going to make more people into pirates.
Customers like being treated right.
Happy customers give you money.
What Valve did with TF2 is a perfect example.
They made the game free. FREE.
And profits skyrocketed.
Go figure.