BioWare Looking at Ways to Bring Jade Empire Back

Thatguyky

May 23, 2011
If they released some bullshit Jade Empire for Facebook I think that'd turn me into an emo kid. On the other hand would a full length awesome sequel would make me soooooo happy, loved that game.

0over0

Dec 30, 2006
I'd like to see it as a PC game instead of "just" a port, as well. Hopefully it will be in the nearer future once Mass Effect is wrapped up.

irequirefood

May 26, 2010
A Jade Empire 2, or even just another JE universe-related game would be absolutely amazing to me. Jade Empire has to be my favourite Bioware game, and I was always wondering whether they were going to let the IP die or not...

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
I haven't quite gotten far enough in either to really confirm it for myself, but I've heard that Dragon Age and Jade Empire could theoretically exist in the same world. My god, could you imagine how amazing that would be?

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
I would LOVE some more Jade Empire. And I really don't think Jade Empire is really a place to worry about Bioware/EA ruining it by streamlining, because the original was really pretty streamlined already. 3 stats, a handful of fighting styles, and an inventory/equipment system so simplistic that it barely qualifies?

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
...I miss Sir Roderick Ponce von Fontlebottom the Magnificent Bastard.

He was just an one scene wonder but damn did he make it work.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Mike Richards said:
I haven't quite gotten far enough in either to really confirm it for myself, but I've heard that Dragon Age and Jade Empire could theoretically exist in the same world. My god, could you imagine how amazing that would be?
The only Plot device they share is

Gomlems are made from PEOPLE!

Other then that...that is HEAVY fanfiction type stuff...and I'm willing to write it.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Erm... no? Bioware has already said that The Old Republic takes place 200 years after the KOTOR series. They've even released a sidequest trailer that takes place at Revan's tomb.
Alright, I got my years mixed up, but there's still a massive gap.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
This is why a lot of us KOTOR fans are pissed off. Between them, Bioware and Obsidian set the KOTOR story up for an epic finale. Huge events were culminating, characters were starting out on their final missions to bring peace to the galaxy, everything looked like it was heading towards a final, unescapable climax... and then they dropped the ball on the whole thing. Instead of allowing players to finish the story themselves with the characters that they had invested in, we instead get a single side-mission in an MMO and a tie-in novel based on a single 'canon' approach to the events of KOTOR.
So blame LucasArts. It's their franchise, and they had the final say in the time period and events, as well as the story. If Revan's story has been left incomplete, that's their decision - not BioWare's, nor EA's.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Even moreso considering how non-linear the KOTOR games were, and how every player created their own personal experience that simply can't be generalised into a basic cover-all plot for a novel.
Can and has been. Again, LucasArts have a canon to stick to. Revan is male, Revan bonked Bastila and Revan was light side. That is the canon, that is what officially happened, that is what will be used in TOR and the novel. If you remember, KotOR2 muddied the issue with no import facility and a rather poor retrospective dialogue at the start. Even if they went back and remade KotOR and KotOR2, there is still no way LucasArts can not have a canon Revan. Due to the scope of the story and the things involved, as well as the expanded universe surrounding the games, they *need* a canon Revan otherwise they can't do anything with Revan.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I still need to finish the first one D:

I love the setting, but the narrative is kind of boring so far.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
I'm glad to see this. I never really liked the Dragon Age world and gameplay that much and with regards to Mass Effect, it's awesome but I'm getting a bit tired of it.

Jade Empire was one of my favorite Bioware games, and I was sad when after Jade Empire they moved onto Mass Effect and Dragon Age. If they don't give it a proper sequel I will lose all faith in Bioware.

The Keeper

Feb 19, 2009
I think it would be pretty hard to top the last Jade Empire. I adored it's plot and it had one of the best twist endings I've ever seen in a game. That isn't to say I wouldn't want a sequel. Far from it. I'm actually really, really excited to hear this!

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
I'd love to see a new Jade Empire. I feel the original was way too short but other than that was a very interesting game. I hope they keep the dialogue choices rather than use the wheels they have one their more recent games (those really stop me from thinking of the character as "my character")

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I loved Jade Empire (especially since I'm a huge of wuxia cinema, as formulaic as it can get sometimes), and I hope BioWare resurrects this game if only because the world needs more martial arts-centered RPGs.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I, uh, I didn't like Jade Empire much. It was just never-ending button mashing dull combat (I hate brawlers and pattern recognition combat, and no I didn't finish Arkham Asylum despite loving the stealth sections) transparent telegraphed plot ("Oh wow its like your fighting has some fatal flaw that I can't seem to find") and very limited roleplaying. That said it would fit seamlessly within Bioware's current games, they just need to make the tits a lot bigger.

It had it's moments I'll admit, Kang the Mad was a fun character in a Minsc sort of way.

Babitz

Jan 18, 2010
I'd rather Obsidian did the sequel. RPGs aren't Bioware's territory anymore.