BioWare "Made a Big Mistake" With Mass Effect on iPhone

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
metroidgearsolid said:
well thats giving the finger to all the mass effect fans who brought this crappy app.
Seems more like a veiled apology than a "fuck everyone who was dumb enough to buy our game".

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
TheAceTheOne said:
Dr. wonderful said:
MaVeN1337 said:
I'm so fucking sick of hearing about bioware on this site. THEY SUCK.
Hey, this is Bioware country.
Would you rather hear about the Activision-Infinity Ward thing again? Perhaps some EA merger maybe? There's lots of things you'll hear about constantly, and I think Bioware isn't too bad when you think about the other things out there that are going on.
Hmm, why did I just get qouted for?

I mean, It's nice and all, but you should qoute ace, I already said my two cents.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
MaVeN1337 said:
So don't read the articles on them, then. Problem solved.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
controls tend to be a problem with iPhone games buttt the screenshot actually got me interested

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
MaVeN1337 said:
Stop clicking on Bioware articles then. I am sick of hearing people ***** about things they can more easily avoid then comment on.

I also don't see this Bioware fetish you are hinting about on this site at all. Perhaps you are just to busy fixating on how much you hate Bioware to notice that there is far more news around.

OT: I intensely dislike Apple as a company because of their use of cult branding, and I mostly ignore things they do. Which is probably why I never heard of this game before now. I suppose its bad in a way that I am glad this failed. There are far better platforms for a mobile game out there. Ones that don't have sluggish and or unresponsive touch screens, that have buttons for inputs, ones that usually cost less then the iPhone. They all lack the market presence of the iPhone through. Sad.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
MaVeN1337 said:
Hey, this is way better than another stupid "Michael Pachter says _______" article.

As for Mass Effect Galaxy, of course it stunk. What do you expect when trying to make a game for a cell phone?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, I suppose they admitted it was a mistak...glad I didnt get it now...iPhone, not good for big ol;' storytelling really

Firebert

Jan 27, 2009
Mass Effect: Galaxy came out on June 22, 2009. Too bad it couldn't compare to the Xbox 360 games or, for that matter, even other games on the iPhone.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
I actually kinda liked the iPhone game, it wasn't too bad. It wasn't really a Mass Effect game though and the story didn't quite tie in as strongly as I would have liked. But it was quite fun. The worst thing was that upon completion it promised bonuses in Mass Effect 2 but they never surfaced.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
To be fair, Jacob was far more likable in the iPhone game than he was in Mass Effect 2. Which is a pity.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
MaVeN1337 said:
vansau said:
MaVeN1337 said:
I just don't understand the appeal.
They have some good immersive dialogue and solid gameplay. I'm not the biggest fan myself but it's not too hard to see why people like their games.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
MaVeN1337 said:
vansau said:
MaVeN1337 said:

Really? I just thought the appeal was that I wrote the article. People love me ;)

swolf

May 3, 2010
MaVeN1337 said:
vansau said:
MaVeN1337 said:
The appeal is that they make games that other people enjoy. Move on to an article that interests you, don't rage over articles that you don't enjoy. That's pointless. Do you do this in real life? If you don't drink coffee and see a coffee pot, do you go in to rage and break the pot? No, because that would be pointless. So, why do it online?

On topic: Eh, when making artwork, no matter how hard you try, they can't all be masterpieces.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
At least they admitted that they screwed up, you have to give them that...

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
vansau said:
Zeschuk backtracked about that last comment, stating that the game wasn't necessarily a mistake, although, "as much as we took a guess, our guess was wrong, and we learned something in the process ... unless your game is utterly designed about tactile gameplay, you shouldn't release it. That was good information for us to have."
This is exactly the reason I love Bioware, and trust them to do a phenomenal job with Star Wars: The Old Republic.

They listen to what the people want, they learn from their mistakes, and they move to give the people more than what they ask for. How can you NOT love a company that does such services to their fanbase?

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Hey, make me some humble pie as well, don't hog it all. Also, I would like them to re-release the game on PC or something so I can play it. I will never get an Iphone when a Blackberry can do it all, get dropped on the highway going 120 and still work perfectly fine. Iphone is a nothing but a spawning ground for cheap, useless, gimmicks, like the spawning pools (or are they called Hatchery's?) in Starcraft are spawning grounds for the zerg.