BioWare: Next Mass Effect Isn't Mass Effect 4

Aggieknight

Dec 6, 2009
I hate admitting it, but I'm still bitter over the ending. That was what...11 months ago?

I just can't convince myself to replay it. I know how much fun the first 85% of the game was, but it just...

Sorry, EA. Can't do it. Direct sequel or in the ME universe, not gonna get me. I feel the same way about Dragon Age 2, so maybe I'm just turning into a bitter old man (the old part is true).

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
AnarchistFish said:
Andy Chalk said:
"I see people saying 'well, they'll have to pick a canon ending'," he wrote. "No, because the game does not have to come after. Or before. Or off to the side. Or with characters you know. Or yaddayaddayadda. Wherever, whenever, whoever, etc will all be revealed years down the road when we actually start talking about it."
Brilliant.

This is exactly what I said they should do if they made another game, if they wanted to make it work.

This is reassuring news.

Can't wait
I love your optimism, truly.

As for me, I'm in the "wait and see" camp.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
well im excited about it well ok excited is a bit too far more like mildly interested i have managed to block the story of 3 out ...mostly i still get nightmares about plot holes coming to eat me.... anyway still gonna wait a few weeks after relese to see what the clowns at bioware will do with this one

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
You know what I think I'll do for this game?

Not go anywhere near people talking about it.

I think this time I'll just sit back and let myself enjoy it without the EA hatewagon screaming in the background.

And it will be glorious.

EDIT: I'd actually suggest that to all you people out there. It's amazing how much less you hate things when you're not going out of your way to hate things.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
daibakuha said:
They've been saying for months, if not years, that Shepard's story is done with Mass Effect 3 and that he will not be returning to the franchise. So the fact that you even bring up the possibility makes me question your ability to read and understand the news.
So they wasted a bit of time and space to say nothing new. That's um...a rather ordinary thing to do in PR and advertising and nothing to get one's knickers in a twist over, that I agree with.

Well; all I have to say at this point is that I shall be keeping a keen and vigilant eye on this (I'll need it back later, mind), but that I do have some trust issues with BW/EA, so I'm a bit lukewarm about the whole thing.

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012
Is it wrong that I sort of hope it's a tiny-iny bit like Dragon Age: Origins? Just so I can create and play as a Krogan.

Xanex

Jun 18, 2012
I'm not so much in the wait-and-see camp, but more in the wait-and-rent camp. I've decided I'm not going to pre-order or buy Bioware games at launch anymore but rent and see if it's worth buying. After the last few burns thats where I'm at.

daibakuha

Aug 27, 2012
Vegosiux said:
daibakuha said:
They've been saying for months, if not years, that Shepard's story is done with Mass Effect 3 and that he will not be returning to the franchise. So the fact that you even bring up the possibility makes me question your ability to read and understand the news.
So they wasted a bit of time and space to say nothing new. That's um...a rather ordinary thing to do in PR and advertising and nothing to get one's knickers in a twist over, that I agree with.

Well; all I have to say at this point is that I shall be keeping a keen and vigilant eye on this (I'll need it back later, mind), but that I do have some trust issues with BW/EA, so I'm a bit lukewarm about the whole thing.
Blame the Escapist, they're the ones covering this like it's news.