BioWare Reveals Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Stats

eventhorizon525

Sep 14, 2010
maddawg IAJI said:
(snip)

Sentinels are great, but the problem with the Turian Sentinel is that he isn't suppose to be damage and ability oriented and the Soldier is good to, but still not that great due to its lack of adrenaline rush and Concussive Shot being worthless against most special forces. That's why the Krogan Sentinel and Soldier is so much better. They can take a pounding and still decimate infantry thanks to their blood rage and tech armor/fortify.
And people still forget about the human sentinel. :'(

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
eventhorizon525 said:
maddawg IAJI said:
(snip)

Sentinels are great, but the problem with the Turian Sentinel is that he isn't suppose to be damage and ability oriented and the Soldier is good to, but still not that great due to its lack of adrenaline rush and Concussive Shot being worthless against most special forces. That's why the Krogan Sentinel and Soldier is so much better. They can take a pounding and still decimate infantry thanks to their blood rage and tech armor/fortify.
Because at the end of the day, I'd rather have the Turian. At least he can take down shields with Overload, even if he can't spam it nearly as well as an Engineer can.

eventhorizon525

Sep 14, 2010
maddawg IAJI said:
eventhorizon525 said:
maddawg IAJI said:
(snip)

Because at the end of the day, I'd rather have the Turian. At least he can take down shields with Overload, even if he can't spam it nearly as well as an Engineer can.
I've honestly only ever had issue with an atlas' shields (everything else it is relatively easy to lockdown with throw will also bringing down the defenses). Explosions do still at least stagger an atlas (though I will admit, that is the human sentinel's weak point.)

maddawg IAJI

Feb 12, 2009
eventhorizon525 said:
maddawg IAJI said:
eventhorizon525 said:
maddawg IAJI said:
(snip)

I've honestly only ever had issue with an atlas' shields (everything else it is relatively easy to lockdown with throw will also bringing down the defenses). Explosions do still at least stagger an atlas (though I will admit, that is the human sentinel's weak point.)
I'm not gonna say throw is weak at all after seeing the Asari Adept being able to spam it every second, but its no where near as powerful as overload as overload can be chained to hit multiple enemies, stun them for several seconds. Also I've been meaning to ask, can throw do substantial damage to Barriers? Because I know Overload is capable enough to drain a Banshee's barriers in 3 hits and a Phantoms in one to two if built right. Its just an all around handy ability, especially for its ability to start explosions.

swenson

Sep 5, 2009
I approve of lots of people playing vanguard. May not be the best class for Gold, but it is insanely fun on Bronze/Silver, and a high-level vanguard can deal out some serious damage while taking very little damage herself.

Human vanguard is superior to non-human, IMO, the others are just too squishy. I'm still wishing there was a krogan vanguard, but that might have been a touch OP. ^_^

eventhorizon525

Sep 14, 2010
maddawg IAJI said:
eventhorizon525 said:
maddawg IAJI said:
eventhorizon525 said:
maddawg IAJI said:
(snip)

I'm not gonna say throw is weak at all after seeing the Asari Adept being able to spam it every second, but its no where near as powerful as overload as overload can be chained to hit multiple enemies, stun them for several seconds. Also I've been meaning to ask, can throw do substantial damage to Barriers? Because I know Overload is capable enough to drain a Banshee's barriers in 3 hits and a Phantoms in one to two if built right. Its just an all around handy ability, especially for its ability to start explosions.
True overload is awesome, but have you seen someone specced into biotic explosion on both warp and throw? Armor is gone before you notice it, and barriers don't hold well. Banshees can be an issue due to the biotic absorb, but if you aim throw right you can stagger them fairly well. The damage isn't as great, but it does have a much shorter cooldown from what I've seen. Also, sending people flying is really useful, as well as detonating other biotic's warps and such. Personally, I ignored biotic explosions until my sp playthrough forced me to use them, then realized quite how ridiculous they are, since it is a substantial aoe and has a very good chance of stagger.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
eventhorizon525 said:
Jennacide said:
Eri said:
Jennacide said:
Vanguard is still good, though not enough people play it worth a damn.
I fixed that for you.
Vanguard is alright, but still not as good as the core 3. At least it's the one class that humans excel at over the aliens, as Asari is horrible and Drell is way too squishy to play it as an actual Vanguard. Drell Vanguard has like 300 barrier, that's just dumb.

And we can all agree that Sentinel is just plain awful. The only good Sentinel is Krogan melee build, and it's useless on anything but Bronze.
Clearly, you have only seen bad human sentinels (though to be fair, there aren't many out there in the first place, meaning a good one is pretty damn rare). A sentinel built as warp + throw is a powerhouse of biotic explosions, can carry heavier weapons than adepts (higher possible weight class) meaning better weapons they can use during the ~3 second warp CD (throw's cd is basically negligible). Tech armor is also ok to have on while moving between objective locations. If the human sentinel starts the match by turning on tech armor, yeah aren't going to be using the class that effectively relative to the "standard" group compositions.
Hmm, I'll have to give that a shot. Seen adepts do something similar and rock, can see how a sentinel could do it better.
SpaceBat said:
The idea that Vanguard goes from the best class (by far) on Bronze and Silver, to one of the least effective on Gold is just disappointing, that's all.
Basically it's needing to be distant, and how stupidly strong enemies are on Gold. With the damage scaling so high, a single mistake will down you, and either force medi-gel usage, or team trying to fight to your position, forcing them to leave a defensible location. Additionally, Vanguard will be instant killed by Atlas/Banshee/Phantom almost always in Gold, it's completely stupid. Playing as pure ranged combat is the much safer way to do it.

As for best class on Bronze/Silver? I still wouldn't agree that's Vanguard. Asari Adept, especially with a Paladin, is completely broken, as there are only 3 enemies(not counting the heavies, so Brute, Geth Pyro, and Ravager) they can't Stasis lock for cheap high damage headshot spam. Of those, only one is ranged and poses any threat to an Adept before they murder it.
maddawg IAJI said:
I'm gonna have to disagree on the Engineer, after playing both of them, I feel the Human Engineer is much better as you can set Overload to chain and disrupt every enemy that comes at you and the Combat droid is just as effective as a distraction as the Salarian's decoy.
The reason I put Salarian over Human is because Energy Drain is far superior to Overload. Not only because of it's higher damage for about the same cooldown, but Overload's max is 3 jumps, but you can give Energy Drain a straight up 3m radius, meaning you can hit more targets if they're clustered, like wave starts. It won't have the Neural Shock half, but I'd say that the shield stealing is a better trade-off for survival. Additionally, Energy Drain works on health, not just shields, though I think this will be fixed as it seems odd. Decoy versus Combat Drone is up for debate, I just prefer having my highly electrified, explosive decoy. To each their own, I just view Salarian as far superior.

maddawg IAJI

Feb 12, 2009
eventhorizon525 said:
maddawg IAJI said:
eventhorizon525 said:
maddawg IAJI said:
eventhorizon525 said:
maddawg IAJI said:
(snip)

True overload is awesome, but have you seen someone specced into biotic explosion on both warp and throw? Armor is gone before you notice it, and barriers don't hold well. Banshees can be an issue due to the biotic absorb, but if you aim throw right you can stagger them fairly well. The damage isn't as great, but it does have a much shorter cooldown from what I've seen. Also, sending people flying is really useful, as well as detonating other biotic's warps and such. Personally, I ignored biotic explosions until my sp playthrough forced me to use them, then realized quite how ridiculous they are, since it is a substantial aoe and has a very good chance of stagger.
Eh, agree to disagree then. I think from what you say, the Human Sentinel can be a great damage dealer, but not so great when it comes to absorbing the brunt of the damage and being a distraction so that the other squadmates can safely clean house.

eventhorizon525

Sep 14, 2010
maddawg IAJI said:
more snip

Eh, agree to disagree then. I think from what you say, the Human Sentinel can be a great damage dealer, but not so great when it comes to absorbing the brunt of the damage and being a distraction so that the other squadmates can safely clean house.
Fair enough, the trick is to think about the human sentinel as an adept with a different power lineup, higher max possible weight and omniblades instead of hadoken punch. Thinking about them in terms of tech armor past level ~10ish doesn't do much good, especially next to the other 2 race choices.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Fappy said:
Eri said:
Only 2 million Phatoms so far? Pretty sure you kill that many in one Gold match.
Frickin' seriously, that sounds about right. Just got done with two Gold attempts, one successful, one failure. It was on Firebase Dagger against Cerberus both times...and yeah, there's at least 1K Phantoms per wave starting at about wave 6. The first time we made it to wave 10 but got screwed on the objective: stay in the circle right next to the enemy's primary spawn. Second time we got lucky and just had to take out 4 target Atlas mechs.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
4173 said:
Turian soldier is hardly the class I'm most effective with, but grabbing a quick firing assault rifle with max marksmanship fire rate bonuses is really fulfilling.
The problem is that unless you single out targets away from everyone else, you're nothing but an assist-absorbing sponge. I've got a lvl 20 turian soldier with a Revenant, figured that'd be a badass combo as marksmenship would compensate for the Revs inaccuracy and firerate. While it's certainly better than the geth pulse rifle - which might as well be firing ping-pong balls - it still didn't stop everyone else from getting the kill. I really don't mind the kill-stealing, I just want to feel like I'm helping the team. The thing is it's easy to get the distinct impression that your teammate could have easily killed the target without you putting a marksmenship and a clip into it.

At least that's what my experience has been with the Turian soldier...the assault rifles are just too damn weak in Multiplayer.

Oct 30, 2010
RJ 17 said:
4173 said:
Turian soldier is hardly the class I'm most effective with, but grabbing a quick firing assault rifle with max marksmanship fire rate bonuses is really fulfilling.
The problem is that unless you single out targets away from everyone else, you're nothing but an assist-absorbing sponge. I've got a lvl 20 turian soldier with a Revenant, figured that'd be a badass combo as marksmenship would compensate for the Revs inaccuracy and firerate. While it's certainly better than the geth pulse rifle - which might as well be firing ping-pong balls - it still didn't stop everyone else from getting the kill. I really don't mind the kill-stealing, I just want to feel like I'm helping the team. The thing is it's easy to get the distinct impression that your teammate could have easily killed the target without you putting a marksmenship and a clip into it.

At least that's what my experience has been with the Turian soldier...the assault rifles are just too damn weak in Multiplayer.
Yeah, I haven't even bothered to try it on anything above bronze. It's just fun in a Tony Montana at the end of Scarface way.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Not really surprised by the stats. Think I managed a Silver extraction once with a turian sentinel, but I'm fairly certain I was dead by the time the extraction came.

I'm also not surprised in the slightest with Firebase White being the most popular since you got that nice big ship to use as cover during the extraction wave.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Heh, 36 of the classes who played were soldier, they didnt tell you that 99% of the actives that make it to that 1% of gold play Infiltrators.

I mean, I tried gold twelve times in row now and 'every' time I get into a team with 3 infiltrators who will demand you go infiltrator aswell. And when you go like 'noooee' (And in case) they roll with it, you go in.And whoop-de-friggin-do. They die, and what does the teammates do when they die? They run off to the far off corner in the map invisible, instead of using said ability to revive their fallen invisible combrade. So my little krogan walking-fort of doom has to save the damn buggers so they can snipe another day.

Gold AI takes down that stupid 500 shield of theirs in one shot, you need a tad bit more to sustain 0,3 seconds of fire against the geth they 'so much like' to fight against.

I think Infiltrators are useless, the team needs one to take objectives and pick off far-away targets. The stupid bullshit 3-4 infiltrator plans for gold are either cheap, or doesnt work. And the majority who try it arent skilled enough to pull it off anyway.

*Three Infiltrators sit at the window with snipers trying to steal eachothers kills, suddenly pyro comes in from behind and kills them all*

NOW WHAT DO WE LEARN FROM THAT EH? CLOSE QUARTER WEAPONS ANYONE? No, you didnt bother to bring one because it would hurt your -run away from dying teammates- ability.

satsugaikaze

Feb 26, 2011
Jennacide said:
The reason I put Salarian over Human is because Energy Drain is far superior to Overload. Not only because of it's higher damage for about the same cooldown, but Overload's max is 3 jumps, but you can give Energy Drain a straight up 3m radius, meaning you can hit more targets if they're clustered, like wave starts. It won't have the Neural Shock half, but I'd say that the shield stealing is a better trade-off for survival. Additionally, Energy Drain works on health, not just shields, though I think this will be fixed as it seems odd. Decoy versus Combat Drone is up for debate, I just prefer having my highly electrified, explosive decoy. To each their own, I just view Salarian as far superior.
Then again, Overload jumps to enemies within an 8-meter radius, so that there's an ease of usage against enemies that might not be so clustered (eg. more open maps like Firebase Ghost). No doubt Energy Drain wins out on higher difficulties and tighter maps, though. Does it hit enemies behind cover?

SlayerN said:
I would really like to point out that this is not impressive in the slightest, with how big budget this game was, saying 1800 years of co-op have been played is absurdly small. if you take a fraction of the player-base, say 2.5 million (2,500,000) of the total 4 million retail copies worldwide. This ends up being only about six (6.307 )hours of play per person.
I'd say for a game with a gigantic single-player focus, only one multiplayer game mode and 6 maps, 1800 years of co-op is pretty impressive.

Aggieknight

Dec 6, 2009
satsugaikaze said:
I'd say for a game with a gigantic single-player focus, only one multiplayer game mode and 6 maps, 1800 years of co-op is pretty impressive.
I agree.

The MP in this game has far defied my expectations. Minor complaints aside, it is addictive and I am looking forward to future expansions. I haven't started my second story play through because I would rather play MP.

Back to the discussion -

I have significant impact as an Asari Adept between Statis Bubble and Throw spam. Haven't tried gold, but it is darn effective in Silver.

Extra question -

Has anyone seen a talent calculator online for ME3 MP? I've seen one for Shepherd, but a MP would be 10x more useful as a reset is more difficult to acquire.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
I much prefer playing my Salarian engineer.
No shield, barrier, armor can stand up to that character.

Then again on Silver/Gold they just spam units that can insta kill you.
I once saw 4 phantoms coming right for me.

Not funny at all.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
I like playing as Infiltrator because I can use the Tactical Cloak. I use an assault rifle, but I still try to be sneaky and get in some melee attacks while invisible. It's also useful for reviving downed teammates while they're surrounded by enemies.

Also, the reason most people play as humans is because they're the only race available at the start and people are more likely to stick with the character they've already levelled up.

killerguythefox

Mar 5, 2012
Sonic Doctor said:
The reason I go into battle with my assault rifle, is that my Avenger assault rifle is at level 10 and has a level five stability improver and a level 3 clip extender.

Though along with that I either carry my level ten Mantis sniper rifle, or my level ten Katana shotgun. When carrying that assault rifle and either the sniper or the shotgun, my power recharge is still over 100%.

The reason people can't beat Gold is because at many times, Silver can be insanely difficult. On Silver, even if there is only one enemy near by, it can be damn near impossible to revive a fallen teammate.

I played 15 Silver rounds last night because I wanted to get one of those special N7 packs for beating it on Silver, but the closest we ever got was round ten a few times, though we could never get passed it because it would always throw out the hack objective, where enemies seem to spawn right next to the hack circle and they spawn up around two brutes and a banshee or sometimes two banshees and a brute. You can't just sit still while fighting those things, but the hack requires the players to be in the circle and there isn't enough room to fight those things in the circle.

Silver at times seems like it is on Insanity, and if that the case, Gold difficulty must be ludicrous.

Edit: And what, no love for Sentinels. I adored playing my Turian and Krogan Sentinels. Also, don't be bashing the Turian Soldier, that proximity mine ability is shear awesome when it has a good recharge time. Proximity mine, boom, bang bang, dead, repeat.
I see the problem there i can win a silver match with good players with a lvl 20 krogan soldier focused on rage and damage i use the powerful single shotty claymore to punch the shit out of barriers/shields/armor i can kill a reaper brute in 4 shots or kill it with melee if i plan it right, Krogan soldiers are effective in silver if you use the right weapons and know when to just go nuts with melee and when not to but i was the main reason a banshee or brute never got too close 3 armor bars per shot in silver and 2 barrier bars on a banshee? its damn effective if you think over your options