BioWare Says Farewell With Mass Effect 3: Citadel and Reckoning

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Alright, I've got some work to do.

First, I need to play through Mass Effect 1 again, just to properly get a recap on everything that happened in that game (been several years since last, so I've forgotten most of it).

Second, I need to play through Mass Effect 2 again.

Third, I need to play Mass Effect 3 and all its DLC again.

Fourth... I need to say goodbye to Commander Samantha "Sam" Shepard, paragon of the galaxy...

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
jthm said:
RT said:
jthm said:
Hur dur, I won't play it cus the ending sucked!

Yeah, but the other 95% of the game was awesome, and they're selling more of that. I called Omega for being a time waster and it's why I didn't buy it. This on the other hand, sounds fun.
Yeah, that's what I probably should quote in the "Opinions you don't understand" thread. Those other 95% were building up to the ending. As were two previous games.
Saying they were building up to the endings is like saying your life is building up to your death. While it's true that Death is at the end of it, is that all that mattered in the end? None of what you did or memorable experiences counts for anything, it's just the endings?
No.

It's not like saying that.

That was terrible.

Mass Effect is a game built on questions, it is like the show Lost.

The >entire point< is for you to discover more and more until the "big finale".

The only way this is "like" your example is if you squint really hard, ignore basically everything, and say it.

At any rate, it [Mass Effect 3 or its ending] isn't that big of a deal, I just really don't like bad examples and that was terrible.

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
For fuck's sake, is there ever going to be a day when someone can bring up Mass Effect without people arguing about the ending? It's fucking over, move on. Jesus Christ.

Anyway, the actual news. I appreciate the fact that Bioware put out so much DLC for the Mass Effect games, but I've never played them. It just feels weird to go back to a story I already finished, especially now the entire trilogy is over. I can never shake the feeling of "well this is nice, but it would have been cool to have it there the first time around". Commander Shepherd's story already came to a close, very definitively.

Maybe since this is the last DLC release I'll wait about a year then download all of it and play through the trilogy again with all the stuff I missed. That seems like it would be fun.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
JellySlimerMan said:
Infernai said:
Roll Credits.
That sounds cute and everything, but you know what could have been nice? for the scientists to actually tell us what the Crusible actually does, then with that info we could have asked if there is a way to set the Destroy ending to a lower setting from the control panel (or whatever we were supposed to use when activating that ending), so it doesnt expand to the Relays (and by extension the whole galaxy) but instead it ONLY engulfs The Citadel entirely (we just need to make sure that Catalyst dies and not the Reaper shells). Meaning that we kill the Catalyst without killing everyone else on the galaxy (LOW EMS) or killing our synthetic friends.
Admittedly that would have been quite a good solution and equally acceptable.

MrMan999

Oct 25, 2011
Is it just me, or do all of the Mass Effect 3 DLC's feel like things that should have been in the game in the first place?

JellySlimerMan

Dec 28, 2012
Res Plus said:
So, I never saw the ending, I was rather liking the game but then I realised it was doing side quests to get my war readiness up, which was busy work and then the utter nuclear war of the ending dropped and I looked at the retard social game multiplier and never finished. Nailed the other two with relish.

Edit - just cracked and YouTubed it. Not utterly brilliant, they are quite similar, but not really really worth the ensuing fallout! We got 90 hours of brilliant gaming prior to it!
Simply put, if you are one of those people that:

1)Dont follow the developers interviews
2)Just casually game around without considering the consequences of putting money where its not worth it
3)You dont even pay attention to what the competition RPGs or other games in general offer
4)You dont know that many games from today and years prior because of lack of time and money

..then ME3 is a good experience. Kinda like how E.T for the Atari 2600 is a good game by the standars of the day AND if you didnt take into account the behind the scenes problems.

I am actually surpriced that you havent find anything wrong with even the rest of the series or ME3 itself.

JellySlimerMan

Dec 28, 2012
MrMan999 said:
Is it just me, or do all of the Mass Effect 3 DLC's feel like things that should have been in the game in the first place?
All of them? only EC and Leviathan are somewhat plot related, anything else is just flavor and set dressing. Why would those be in the game in the first place?

jackinmydaniels

Jul 12, 2012
I'll consider getting this one, maybe. Fifteen dollars is so fuckin' steep for DLC though, this better pack one hell of a punch, or nope not taking my dollars. I'll put off the desire to rekindle romances if I can't afford it.

thetoddo

May 18, 2010
It's ok Res. I liked DA2 as well while agreeing with a lot of the opinions that it should have spent six more months in development working on differentiating the play locales before releasing it.

OT- Not really excited to rekindle romances, though on some of my playthroughs I romanced a different character in each game so I'm curious to see if they acknowledge that my Shepard has slept with 1/3 of the people in the bar. I am excited for a new adventure with some of the old characters as long as the interaction with them is more than just in-combat chatter.

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
Kermi said:
Are people still whining about the fucking ending? Holy shit, you'd think Bioware made you watch while they fucked your mothers or something.
The only ones "whining" are gamers.

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
The Wykydtron said:
WELL THEY MIGHT AS WELL HAVE! THEY HAVE BETRAYED OUR TRUST AS FANS OF THE MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE

*ahem*

Sorry, sorry. Felt like roleplaying a bit there. :3
More like betrayed the trust of gamers. This new DLC should make fans happy.