BioWare Says the PC is "Made For Games"

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
If it's a strategy or shooter, I buy it for the PC, because they need mouse control.

If it's an action twitchy game, I buy it for console, because they need a joystick and easily located buttons.

Otherwise, I buy it for PC if my PC can run it. My laptop makes it portable and I like digital distribution. PC gaming is not going to die until some there's some paradigm shift that fundamentally changes gaming, like the head-implant computers from Shadowrun.

How many copies has Mass Effect 2 sold, anyway?

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Hmm... well, it's nice to know someone big in the game loves the PC, but come on... was it really dying? They keep saying it's on life support, but last I checked I saw it do ten laps in the pool and then five more on the track. You just have to find the games for it, they are out there.

comadorcrack said:
Andy Chalk said:
Grand Theft Auto IV [http://www.worldofwarcraft.com]. Regardless of how you split that hair, however, Erickson said the PC remains a very important part of the BioWare formula.
What about Half Life 2?
A PC game with a successful Console version
Or perhaps the Sims?
Crysis?
Fallout?

But yeah no. PC games are just pretty good conversions from Consoles
Best use of sarcasm ever.

May 28, 2009
If I had a better PC I'd probably spend more time playing on it. As it happens, I mainly use it for playing older games, since that's all it's about able to do. Platform supremacists piss me off though.

FragRaptor said:
PC gamers think for themselves, Console gamers conform.

PC gamers are the proud minority.
Why here's one now! Look how informed and unbiased his sweeping generalisation is!

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
PC is obviously better for strategy games, and in my opinion FPS. Perhaps others as well.

But to generalize it and say that "the PC is made for games" is like saying a mouse-trap is made for storing cheese.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Furburt said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Never even thought of that...Thanks, Mr. Furburt Man Guy Thing!
Aye. You have to get a plugin for it, I can't remember what it's called, just google "Windows File Redate" and you'll get something.

What you want to do is get all your .bsa files, redate them from 2010 to 2002, and then turn off steam overlay in game and that should work fine.
Steam Overlay doesn't work in it anyway. All I really wanted was the Community Patch from the UESP Wiki. Morrowind is one BROKEN ass game. NPCs that don't exist...Glitches up the arse...Unintuitive magic system...

I still love it, though.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
I know that the Escapist news reporters like to attribute quotes from people to entire companies, but I'd swear that Bioware gets the worst of it.

Also, in before hate starts spewing from every corner of this thread.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
So, to my count, we have Valve and Bioware on the PC gaming bandwagon. Anyone else wanna join?

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
FragRaptor said:
PC gamers think for themselves, Console gamers conform.

PC gamers are the proud minority.
Welcome to the Escapist, I hope you put a little bit more thought into your future posts, because this one is absolutely ridiculous.

OT: I don't game on my PC, but the more people who get to enjoy Bioware's goodness, the better.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Well, yeah it is made for gaming. If it wasn't then there would be three buttons on it: Word, Email, Facebook.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Carnagath said:
Hey, Mr.Bioware? We don't give a fuck about your platform wars. We only wish we could play Mass Effect 2 on our PS3, but we can't because you are too busy being a lazy asshole and making internet declarations. Fuck you.
Well hey, I wish I could play Uncharted 2 on my Xbox 360 but Naughty Dog are just being lazy assholes. See where I'm going with this? Besides, why would you ever want to play the second part of a story driven RPG with carry-over choices without the existence of the first game on your system? Makes no sense.

Anyways, good to see Bioware holding true to their roots, even though they have expanded onto consoles. Been playing Dragon Age a lot recently and I have absolutely no idea how they could successfully translate the gameplay to a console. Their statement that "When we're developing an RPG, it's a natural place to be." seems to hold true, as every one of their games has been better on the PC.

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
Woo! Go PC!

If only mine hadn't turned into an impactical shelving system recently.

Kazedarkwind

Inner Working Reviewer
Nov 18, 2009
I will always be anti console, controls always better on the PC, graphics are always going to be better than consoles as consoles have limits and PCs are upgradable.

Plus you don't have companies taking away support backwards compatibility (sony, xbox, wii) and companies that take away advertised capabilities (sony and their Linux bullshit)

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Bah, less smacktalking about who has the coolest platform. Speed up the making of Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 instead, pretty please.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
JeanLuc761 said:
Carnagath said:
Hey, Mr.Bioware? We don't give a fuck about your platform wars. We only wish we could play Mass Effect 2 on our PS3, but we can't because you are too busy being a lazy asshole and making internet declarations. Fuck you.
Well hey, I wish I could play Uncharted 2 on my Xbox 360 but Naughty Dog are just being lazy assholes. See where I'm going with this? Besides, why would you ever want to play the second part of a story driven RPG with carry-over choices without the existence of the first game on your system? Makes no sense.
Uncharted is a PS3 exclusive. Mass Effect is not. I'm not asking to be able to play Halo 3 on my PS3, just a game that was already released for the two other platforms, AFTER its makers already released Dragon Age for PS3. And I am not referring to the first Mass Effect, because I already played that during the brief period when my 360 hadn't RRoD'd yet.