BioWare Says the PC is "Made For Games"

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Carnagath said:
JeanLuc761 said:
Carnagath said:
Hey, Mr.Bioware? We don't give a fuck about your platform wars. We only wish we could play Mass Effect 2 on our PS3, but we can't because you are too busy being a lazy asshole and making internet declarations. Fuck you.
Well hey, I wish I could play Uncharted 2 on my Xbox 360 but Naughty Dog are just being lazy assholes. See where I'm going with this? Besides, why would you ever want to play the second part of a story driven RPG with carry-over choices without the existence of the first game on your system? Makes no sense.
Uncharted is a PS3 exclusive. Mass Effect is not. I'm not asking to be able to play Halo 3 on my PS3, just a game that was already released for the two other platforms, AFTER its makers already released Dragon Age for PS3. And I am not referring to the first Mass Effect, because I already played that during the brief period when my 360 hadn't RRoD'd yet.
Yes, Uncharted is a PS3 exclusive, just as Mass Effect is a Xbox 360 and PC exclusive. Why is it when the game is exclusive to those two platforms that there are calls for a PS3 port and any refusal to do so is called being lazy?

Believe me, I would be perfectly fine with Mass Effect on the PS3, but if Bioware wants to keep it an Xbox and PS3 exclusive, that's their choice. They aren't obligated to release it on anything else.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
I think your article is misleading: Yes, every huge game is on the PC whether it is a port or not. That's what makes it the ultimate gaming machine. Even most of the stuff that isn't on the PC can be emulated by it (albeit with questionable legal implications). It is the only thing any gamer should need and by far the best "platform" out there.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
JeanLuc761 said:
Carnagath said:
JeanLuc761 said:
Carnagath said:
Hey, Mr.Bioware? We don't give a fuck about your platform wars. We only wish we could play Mass Effect 2 on our PS3, but we can't because you are too busy being a lazy asshole and making internet declarations. Fuck you.
Well hey, I wish I could play Uncharted 2 on my Xbox 360 but Naughty Dog are just being lazy assholes. See where I'm going with this? Besides, why would you ever want to play the second part of a story driven RPG with carry-over choices without the existence of the first game on your system? Makes no sense.
Uncharted is a PS3 exclusive. Mass Effect is not. I'm not asking to be able to play Halo 3 on my PS3, just a game that was already released for the two other platforms, AFTER its makers already released Dragon Age for PS3. And I am not referring to the first Mass Effect, because I already played that during the brief period when my 360 hadn't RRoD'd yet.
Yes, Uncharted is a PS3 exclusive, just as Mass Effect is a Xbox 360 and PC exclusive. Why is it when the game is exclusive to those two platforms that there are calls for a PS3 port and any refusal to do so is called being lazy?

Believe me, I would be perfectly fine with Mass Effect on the PS3, but if Bioware wants to keep it an Xbox and PS3 exclusive, that's their choice. They aren't obligated to release it on anything else.
"Hurrr durrr they don't have to." Yeah, no kidding, they don't, and I reserve the right to trash them for their choice.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
V8 Ninja said:
So, to my count, we have Valve and Bioware on the PC gaming bandwagon. Anyone else wanna join?
Maybe throw Treyarch in there. Hey, don't look at me that way, THEIR Call of Duty games will continue to have dedicated servers. Oh, and maybe Popcap.

OT: That's nice, BioWare. Less talky, more get the fuck back to work on your games. If I don't see Dragon Age 2 in 2011, someone will die.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
no console where designed as game machines, pc was designed for web surfing, email, and work, and just happens to include gaming

SnugglesPanda

Apr 4, 2010
I pc game. I always have. I played EQ back in the day. I shunned my consoles. I only have a wii because I love my nintendo IP's, but almost everything I want to play on the 360 or PS3 is ported to PC, and if I miss one because it isn't ported, I hit up a friend.

PC gaming is god mode. The only console I think is better than my PC is the SNES, and I can emulate that on my pc.. so I guess my point is moot.

Also just gotta ask, what games have you people been playing that the PC version is inferior? Shit, running games on max and better than the consoles and most of the time having better controls, and if its an fps having better accuracy and precision? You guys are silly. The only bad port recently was the Force Unleashed Sith Edition because aspyr fucked up hard.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
I can live without slightly better graphics and mouse in convenience and simplicity of an "Insert disk and play" type system. As an ex-PC owner, I think they're too expensive, temperamental, time consuming to run and the games are often riddled with DRM - so I switched to consoles.

But if the buggy DRM was removed from games and you could run them without installation and without the need for periodic hardware upgrades - the PC would kick the rear end of every console there ever will be.

Apr 28, 2008
PC gaming dieing?

Someone should tell Valve then.

PC gaming isn't dieing, but a lot of publishers sure are trying to kill it. If we can survive Games for Windows Live, we can do anything.

MaVeN1337

Feb 19, 2009
PC's are customizable, and have the ability to support larger, better looking games.

Consoles everything is kind of done for you. The display settings are pretty shallow, and you can't change the graphics card in your xbox -_-

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I could say something about living in peace with each other, but the last guy to do that was nailed to a tree 2 millenium ago.
They should live in peace with each other! ;D

I consider myself a PC/Console gamer, more so when i get a better PC. I don't get what's wrong with having a console and a PC, they both work better for different games so it seems logical if you want the best out of all genres.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Furburt said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
The PC is far, far, far, far, far away from dying.

Now...if only I could get Morrowind mods to work on my Steam copy of Morrowind...I modded Oblivion fine. But Morrowind just doesn't want to cooperate.
You have to redate your BSA files.

OP: Well, the PC isn't dying. Everyone with a bit of sense knows that. What's happening is that major, mainstream studios are pulling out, but the smaller devs, those that know their community, they're sticking around as always. I think it's a good thing, I'd much rather have more games from GSC than I would another DRM nightmare from Ubisoft. I say let em leave!
Yeah, fuck Ubisoft. FUCK THEM. Words cannot emphasise the level of "FUCK THOSE GUYS" I want to state.

GSC, of course, will be getting my money for their next game. STALKER is awesome.

I'd rather have one new STALKER than a hundred DRM-infested AC games.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
V8 Ninja said:
So, to my count, we have Valve and Bioware on the PC gaming bandwagon. Anyone else wanna join?
I still haven't seen Starcraft, WoW, Warcraft or Diablo ('cept the old diablo 1) on consoles so i'd count in blizzard as well.

Dr Bob

Mar 17, 2010
If BioWare really believed that the PC was made for games, they wouldn't do shameless ports from console versions and give us redundant controls and interfaces (see Mass Effect 2's multiple actions mapped to one button and less interface options than in the PC version of Mass Effect 1).

BioTox

Nov 19, 2009
AMMO Kid said:
They aren't as made for games as say, video game consoles. Just sayin'.
Most consoles are computers now. They're just pigeonholed into static graphics and limitations. PCs can be upgraded and modified to support more games and better graphics. :)

I've always been a PC player and own just about all Bioware games, except Mass Effect [series]. I finally got DA and DA:A on the PC. It was worth it to me. I would say though that consoles controllers are better made for some games but now you can usually get a gamepad sort of thing for your PC. Did I mention expandable? =P LoL