BioWare Still Unsure About Tali Reveal

MLChanges

Feb 26, 2011
My Shep looked pretty happy when she took the mask off in ME2 so I figure she's either really hot or she has some really dexterous facial tentacles

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
this really seems like a no win situation for Bioware..so I say they should just come to a final consensus and either create a face for Tali that some how either by way of storyline, romancing her or in game choices is revealed to the player or completely nix it and keep her face covered by her visor forever

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
How about they make a whole bunch of faces and then randomize which one shows up on your playthrough, just to mess with everyone even more!

Dec 16, 2009
I vote for Shep finding an old Holovid of what Quarians looked like before their life in suits (which must change thier physical appearence, surely?) but never show Tali or what Quarians look like now

blind_dead_mcjones

Oct 16, 2010
whats the old saying again "you can't please everyone all the time but you can please some of the people some of the time"

that said, and speaking as someone with no real emotional investment in the series as i haven't played it, just go ahead and reveal her face, knowing what fanbases are like if her face isn't what they envisioned it would look like they'll write it off as 'never happened' anyway

and besides, there is already far too many instances of developers having to tread lightly on eggshells in order to try and please every single member of a games fanbase to the detriment of the final product

tanithwolf

For The Epic Tanith Wolf
Mar 26, 2009
I really hope they don't show Tali's or any Quarian's face. I'd much prefer if it remained a mystery and the only idea we have is what we can imagine ourselves.

PrinceofPersia

Sep 17, 2010
Yeah guys at Bioware: Keep it a secret. It is that bit of mystery and intrigue that caused me to gravitate to her in the end. Besides she's a great example of love being blind, and I like that.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
My advice to BioWare? Keep the helmet on and the mystery intact.
Agreed. If they have to unmask some Quarians, just do other ones. Then people can see what they look like and figure that Tali must look similar, but they can make whatever adjustments they want to their own mental picture. Maybe she's prettier, maybe she's uglier, whatever.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
I kinda hope she's scaly like a Zora, but I'd be completely content with not seeing her face at all.

Machine Man 1992

Jul 4, 2011
Machine Man 1992 said:
There's a really obvious soultion everyone is missing and it's thus:

Have tali take off her mask as an option, so you can choose whether or not you want to see her face.
Nah, that wouldn't work, because there would still be an actual canonical face for her. As of now, Tali has no face besides what we imagine for her. If they did that, she'd have a face, and we'd all just be plugging our ears and pretending otherwise.
Okay, how about a suggestion from the BioWare forum: Make her face random. A simple face randomizing algorithm?

Or better yet! how about we all let bioware take the risk and just show her face? I mean, they've been telegraphing this one since Mass Effect 1

The_Fezz

Oct 21, 2010
Show the face of another Quarian, give us a general idea of her facial features but don't reveal it, from there we can draw our own conclusions like we do with radio DJ's.