BioWare Tackles Strategy with Command & Conquer Generals 2

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
With Generals 2, we are bringing the Command & Conquer franchise back to its roots, blending strategic gameplay with fast-paced action - all set in visually stunning theaters of war powered by Frostbite 2,
Oh, for pity's sake. The "fast-paced action" focus is everywhere the C&C franchise has gone wrong, in my opinion- throwing aside strategy for a game in which the first person to quick-queue a tank rush would win 90% of the time.

I miss Westwood. They weren't perfect, but at least I generally felt like they were following their own path, rather than one driven by market analysts.

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP!!!

This is more or less my ultimate line up.
One of my favourite developers, using what I believe to be the greatest engine of today...
To remake my favourite PC game EVER!

C&C Generals is the game that got me into RTS and PC gaming. I still play it to this day!
This has made my day/week and month!

[HEADING=2]For the GLA![/HEADING]

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
BioWare brand doesn't really mean anything to me. Yes, they made the absolutely fantastic Mass Effect, but Dragon Age proved that they also fan make shitty cash-grabs.

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
This (and half a bottle of scotch) has me thinking...

Has EA realised just how bad they fucked up on C&C 4, and decided to go back to a time then the franchise was at it's prime?

I really hope they don't fuck this up. I will pre-order regardless, but I really hope Bioware can make good of it.
Generals and Zero Hour made up most of my gaming 'toddler' years. If they ruin this, I may loose all remaining respect I have for EA.
Origin, I can deal with... Butchering my childhood, like Activision did with Spyro, I can't.

And for the love of any god out there.... Please do not cap superweapons!
I play the superweapons general because I want to win without leaving my starting base!
These days, it is impossible to find the gratification of winning a game due to destroying an enemy with 50+ orbibital space lasers!

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Miles000 said:
One of my favourite developers, using what I believe to be the greatest engine of today...
Guys read the article more closely, its not what ya all think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioWare_Victory

It is NOT the bioware you know making these games, rather its the same studio thats been making the previous command and conquers that have been RENAMED bioware victory and integrated into the bioware branch in an effort to build up hype, cos "bioware making next command and conquer" sounds better then "command and conquer studios making new game and are renamed bioware victory".

Bioware Victory has NOTHING to do with the other bioware divisions and hasn't even been in contact with them (which makes sense, the "real" bioware are still workin on tor, me3 and da3)

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
I am so freaking excited about this. Generals was the best C&C game and I'm glad they're making a sequel.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010

Huh... Fuck is it with you guys and big red "2"s in your logos?

Also, I honestly thought the tanks from the trailer look an awful lot like something you'd find in Supreme Commander 2.

Not to say there's anything to it, just a funny happening, I imagine.