Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Kopikatsu said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Desert areas seem to be the new theme with developers now.

I'm.....not sure what to make of this, and I don't think it's a tease but more in lines of confusing the hell out of everyone.

Well done, Bioware, you crafty bastards.
Replacing brown with yellow.

IT'S GENIUS!
I know, right?

Who knew there were other colors in the spectrum?

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
It definitely seems post-apocalyptic, with converted civilian pick-up trucks and a regular dude with a gun...

Although it might as well then be about Libyan rebels fighting Gadaffi...

I am confused. I mean, I wouldn't mind Bioware making some sort of Fallout 3 copy. I love bioware, I love fallout, might be awesome.
It just seems... I dunno... very unlike Bioware. I wouldn't call it innovative, but at least they're trying new things (but we know how DA2 turned out)

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
Why are people judging the game on this one screenshot? For all we know it could be a new Mario game, all we've seen to prove otherwise is this one screenshot that could be fake.

Lerasai

Aug 14, 2010
I really hope there is more variety in the landscape than what is shown in this image. I am just sick to death of desert and gray-ish post-apocalyptic textures. I'm going to just forget about this until it's actually announced, so I don't get any more disappointing preconceived notions.

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
Blind Sight said:
OH NO IT'S A SINGLE SCREENSHOT BUT MY FAITH IN BIOWARE IS LOST FOREVER.

...Seriously guys? This is pathetic.

It looks like something I'd put as my desktop, so I'll wait until I actually get some basic release information and then I'll consider it. Until then, I really can't have an informed opinion on one screenshot.
You seem to be suggesting that Bioware HASN'T been on a massive downward spiral for the past 2 years now.
Mass Effect 2 was great, but the plot was a shambles when you actually thought about it.
Then the WAVE of over priced DLC came along. We all shugged it off, assuming they were just selling out a little. Just once, to help fund other stuff.
Then we heard the Old Republic is costing well over one hundred million dollars.
Then we heard about DA2. The community split. Half said it was doomed, the other that they were just haters and had no faith.
More DLC and Preorder "bonuses" then ever before.
Then it came out. It was awful and it bombed.
Now we've seen the Old Republic and it's WOW in Space.

And now?
Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. Mass Effect 3 Origin Exclusive. Mass Effect "best place to start a trilogy" 3.
Now we know the story details and how it ends. It's a cop out.

So no, it's not just a screen shot.
It's a bland as all Holy Hell screenshot that's following off of two years of solid disappointments, abusing consumer trust and failing to live up to who they were just 5 years ago.
There is nothing to suggest that game isn't just another generic post-apocalyptic shooter from a random developer. Bioware does not deserve special attention anymore.

lordtec

Feb 3, 2010
Well atleast it won't be a post apocalypse kind of game (the cars look rather new) Let's hope it will be a racing game with controls like the Mako in Mass Effect. That will be fun.

craddoke

Mar 18, 2010
A cookie-cutter post-apocalyptic setting? Please prove me wrong.

Bioware has already been making cookie-cutter games in terms of level design and mechanics for years now - even the original Mass Effect and Jade Empire are rather dull (and don't get me started on Neverwinter Nights that introduced the whole "you need four items to advance and this area has four areas off a central hub" design philosophy that has dominated everything they've subsequently made).

I was going to say that Knights of the Old Republic was the last great game they made; however, replaying it recently I couldn't help but notice the terribly uninspired level design (especially when compared to something like Baldur's Gate 2) despite the distraction of its strong narrative.

I don't think they've ever really figured out how to make a non-isometric RPG.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
I don't know what people are complaining about. What I see is vehicular carnage. I like vehicular carnage. I like it a lot.

Well played Bioware. This time, I'm actually interested!

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
I'm actually kind of hoping it's post-apoc.

The post-apoc setting is imho extremely well suited to Bioware's companion based gameplay. Say what you want but, besides Fallout, I haven't seen a single franchise that actually felt post-apoc.

The struggle for survival, the despair of living in a broken world, the mystery of what exactly broke the world etc.

How many games deal with that? I know only one franchise, Fallout. I haven't seen any other franchise that's really post-apoc. Your game taking place in a trash-yard does not make it post-apoc.

Bioware is one of the few developers I deem capable of handling such a setting. Sure, they won't produce a literary master-piece. We already know they're not capable of that. But seeing the state the rest of the industry is in I'm hoping we'll finally see a post-apoc game besides Fallout that actually feels post-apoc.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Well, that's a disappointingly boring screenshot to add to two years of disappointment from Bioware (though, ME2 had its good moments). Still, that's two bad years after ten good years (well, with a gap in between for NWN). I won't give up on Bioware yet.

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
Doesn't look very Bioware... Well, as long as it's still RPG-esque, story based and has companion characters I'll reserve my judgement

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Lerasai said:
I really hope there is more variety in the landscape than what is shown in this image.
I realise I'm being picky here, but there are very few single images you can create that contain variety of landscape. They tend to just have one. ;)

Rzepik

Feb 25, 2010
The question is... does it have the awesome button?

Heh. That never gets old.