BioWare Teases New Mass Effect 3 DLC

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
2clueless said:
Haven't spent a dime on anything Bioware/EA since I finished Mass Effect 3 and its spectacular letdown of an ending. No DLC, no reinforcement packs, no games.

erttheking said:
And Mass Effect has always made cool clubs (looking at you afterlife) but...yeah, they really backed themselves into a cormer with the ending. I'll pass. It doesn't help that apparently the original ending for ME3 would take six more months to develop, would have multiple boss fights, and would show all of your war assets in action, from fleets, to squad mates, to fucking CONRAD VERNER! And Javik would play a major role too. Ugh. What happened Mass Effect?
See, this intrigues me, sounds incredibly awesome. Is there any truth to this? Was there a better, more encompassing plan? I would have waited years for a finish like that. Would have been much more encouraged to purchase DLC if I felt the same passion and creativity infused the spirit of the game. Now, it just all feels like a dirty cash grab.

Almost makes you wonder what would have happened if Bioware had stood up to EA, demanded the time to get it right..
Yeah, you might want to check this out.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.372892-Major-Mass-Effect-3-Ending-Content-Cut-out-Kotor-2-style-spoilers?page=1

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Yeah, there's nothing like a little R&R before you run off to commit suicide at the behest of the leader of the Reapers.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
I hope they release that hammer for the multiplayer. A krogan vanguard with gravity hammer? That's just cheating! Yes please!

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Ah, I remember back in the day when anything related to Mass Effect (the games, anyway) was announced the comment sections would be flooded. Now, after this has been out for a whole day, I see the comments are still on page 1. Surely, a sign of how far this series has fallen. Very sad.

I will be buying this. I will be playing it. I will be enjoying it. Though I know I won't enjoy it as much as the other DLCs for the other games. As has been said before, knowing how (badly) it all ends just sucks the fun right out of this. Why do I care about any of this when it's not going to change a thing in the end? It's a said day for me when trophies/achievements are the driving force behind me getting Mass Effect DLC.
Unless the rumors be true and this is post ending. Please...

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
SonicWaffle said:
They really shot themselves in the foot with the ending. Even if Shepard is still alive in whatever version of the future they decide is canonical, there isn't a huge amount to do now that everyone is all peace-and-love space hippies.

Presumably this means the DLC will be flashbacks or a prequel, and who gives a shit when we already know how things are going to end?
Pretty much my thoughts, the ending was so craptastic that it ruins any desire to play in the universe at all knowing how futile it is. You basically pick three paths of suck, which ending you get doesn't matter because none of them fit the series, and all of them let off their own brand of reeking miasma.

That said, my biggest thought is that if there is more ME3 DLC like this, I am losing faith in humanity, because it means enough people apparently bought the last ME3 DLC to justify the production of this one.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Meh, I haven't bought any EA products since the release of the Extended Cut, and frankly I don't plan to any time soon. Partially because EA has screwed me over a few too many times, partially because I just don't care about their franchises anymore. Mass Effect is over, and the journey was fun but the ending just killed my interest in replaying it. If they made a new one, or put this after the ending, I might be more interested, but only if it consistently got good reviews. As it is? I'll stick to things I know I'm going to enjoy, thanks.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
If you squint, you can see Wrex in that Citadel picture. So looks like he might be back along with Joker and the ME3 squaddies.

People keep asking for more DLC, but every time it looks like some is about to come out, they ***** about it. That's why you should ignore fanboys: they do not know what they want.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Kopikatsu said:
Because video games are about the journey and not the destination; unlike most other media?
I'm sorry, unlike? Have you never experienced other media where you knew what was coming and enjoyed it anyway?

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
I'm guessing the first pic is dealing with a singleplayer DLC and the Krogan is dealing with some new multiplayer DLC?

Still haven't bought Omega yet (waiting for it to go on sale), but as long as the Singleplayer portion is still good, I'll keep buying it. Though if this new one just gives me more War Assets, it'll probably be a big turn off for me. Extended Cut DLC already lowered the amount of Galactic Readiness you needed so that you could get pretty gain access to all of the endings without too much fuss (aka playing multiplayer). I don't need more assets, just give me a good story that can be exciting. A new squadmate would be nice, but the chances of that happening are pretty much zero.

Whatever, going to have to wait for some more info down the road before doing anything.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i loved mass effect 3 and even loved the ending. more mass effect can be nothing but good news, as far as im concerned. i mean, worst case scenario it isnt that good, in which case i simply wont buy it. i didnt buy omega because i didnt hear anything that great about it but the fact that it existed didnt affect me or my bank account any

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I loved Mass Effect and I actually kind of liked the ending to Mass Effect 3, but I haven't touched any ME3 DLC. Because I know that no matter what happens, no matter what I do, there will be tragedy. There will be loss. I will have to watch old friends die, and I will have to say goodbye. It's kind of ironic; I stay away from the DLC because ME3 was just that good.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Mike Richards said:
Wave One: people complain about the ending.
Wave Two: people complain about EA and how they think Bioware is terrible now.
Wave Three: people complain about DLC.
Wave Four: people complain about the other people complaining.
Wave Five: people complain about having to see this whole debate get carried out yet again.

Round over, no winners, no survivors. Everyone levels up. New match starts.
^yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppp.

Guys, get over it, it's DLC. You don't have to buy it, it's just an extension of the game, nothing more, it's no big deal, stop bringing the argument up.

Let's not turn Mass Effect into Star Wars.

Wesley Brannock

Sep 7, 2010
What Bioware did when I wanted more time with Mass Effect 2 characters and made the ending D.R.M that relied on D.L.C and or multiplayer.

My reaction.

To the people who think I only had issue with the ending.

Aside from the multiplayer issues I have with Mass effect three I've included a video that demonstrates my other problems with the game.

So In reality I'm not even interested in a new " D.L.C " I've been through with this game for some time now.

( I'm not going to reply to " Quotes " ).

ASan83

Mar 11, 2011

I had no problem with Mass Effect 3, in fact, I thought it was a great game. I survived the ending fiasco, but after the waste of time/money/goodwill that was the Omega DLC, I'm done. I just don't care anymore. They've taken my love and turned it into apathy.

Cap: 'It is different'
No it isn't, captcha, no it isn't.

saleem

Oct 29, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
I loved Mass Effect and I actually kind of liked the ending to Mass Effect 3, but I haven't touched any ME3 DLC. Because I know that no matter what happens, no matter what I do, there will be tragedy. There will be loss. I will have to watch old friends die, and I will have to say goodbye. It's kind of ironic; I stay away from the DLC because ME3 was just that good.
Its not really about being a fan Andy, rather about producing good journalism. I think it was after Leviathan that they mentioned that their DLC sales for ME3 were doing pretty strongly, the release of Omega after that was quite decent as well. Based on those two points alone there is nothing to assume that there arent players out there willing to buy it and experience the new content. Your article seems to infer that there is no one who is going to pick it up which flies in the face of info and trending we have so far.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Devoneaux said:
Yes, however, I can't say I ever experienced a story that ended poorly and then felt like experiencing it a second time.

It's not about the destination it's about the journey you say? I say it's about BOTH
I'd say that, while I thought most of the seventh book was crap, I've reread the Harry Potter series like a dozen times to re-experience it.

It is about both. I was merely responding to someone who had offered that games were special snowflakes in this regard.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
Oh look a gravity hammer, just in case we weren't sure Mass Effect had completely lost it's identity by now.
Took the words right out of my mouth, like, to the letter. Are you psychic?