BioWare Teases New Mass Effect 3 DLC

Apr 5, 2008
Can we just call them "EA Canada" from now on? Calling them BioWare makes me sad. I'm taking a break from MMOs and am about to start a new ME3 playthrough, having taken a male paragon Shep from ME thru 2 to 3. Unless this is released in a matter of days I won't be playing it.

Good gameplay, shame everything else about it sucked. The biggest crime ME3 made IMO wasn't even the ending. It was that choice was gone, as was consequence. Decisions and outcomes from both previous instalments lost all meaning and value. Sell Legion to Cerberus? Get a hologram legion. Mordin dies on suicide mission, get alternate salarian. Wrex dies on Virmire, get different Clan Leader. Free the rachnii queen on Noveria, you get a number. Extinguish her species from the galaxy, mission plays the same way with fake queen. Tali exiled, she turns up in the same role anyway. What is the point in a single decision made if everything happens precisely the same way down the line?

GuiltBlade

Nov 6, 2009
wait wait wait wait...

People still play this thing?!
One play through was enough to get all the good parts of this game for me and even my friends who are staunch fans of Bioware and Mass Effect stopped after their second or third play.

I like Shamus Youngs (and cohorts whose names I forget) take in Spoiler warning on this game, there are only two or three missions that feel well executed and all the rest are just excuses to throw things at the player. All the side missions beyond collect item and get assets, are just teasers for multiplayer maps. You see characters you know and love abused horribly throughout, such as the disgusting death of Thane at the hands of a character who belongs in someone's fan fiction on deviant art instead of in the real storyline. They're wrap up and good byes that only work in one or two instances, the rest are "Hey Hey, remember this character, the one you realy love, aren't they cool?".

To this day I just have to say one line to people to carry across the full atrocity of this title "Biotic, Cyborg, Cerberus, super ninja from space". Tell me if you think that sounds like it belongs in ME or in a Star Ocean game and that's only a minor problem with the title, but one I think tells you all you need to know about the design team.

Does EA Bioware really think that this property is still worth milking after the rabid fan reaction? It's time to find new IP guys you killed this and it's starting to stink.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
What a shock. A Mass Effect thread filled with bitching and moaning.

I for one welcome our new insect overlords more DLC. More time in Mass Effect is fine with me. And if it comes out before I finish my current play through of ME2, even better.

Estelindis

Jan 25, 2008
I haven't bought any of the ME3 DLC so far (in spite of buying all previous DLC for ME1 and ME2) since, due to the ending, I don't find myself wanting to play anything that's been offered. I'm hoping this DLC will change that. Colour me optimistic.

Lady Lucky

Bullet Dodger
Sep 4, 2012
I got the ME Trilogy for Christmas, I'm going through all of the games again. While the ending does ruin the third game, I feel it will be sort of nice to play through the game again with some added content.
Hopefully it's not too expensive or too glichy...

flaviok79

Feb 22, 2011
I will buy it, BUT I grow weary of ME3DLC. Omega wassupposed to be awesome, and it was little more than a shooting gallery with phoned-in interpretation by the lead actress (Aria). I am sad to see the watering down of the franchise. How I like this Dlc will inform my decision on buying (or not) the next ME game.

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
Hey look! A Mass Effect 3 topic. Let's see how many replies we can scroll through before we find someone who's not moaning at the game for whatever reason!

OT I haven't played any of the DLC yet (aside from multiplayer and extended cut), not because of ME3 hate (I loved every--... nearly... every minute of it), just because I wanted to play some new games and give my favourite series a rest for 6 months or so. So I can't say I'm excited, but I will still download it, and, if it's more Mass Effect, probably love it.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
erttheking said:
the original ending for ME3 would take six more months to develop, would have multiple boss fights, and would show all of your war assets in action, from fleets, to squad mates, to fucking CONRAD VERNER! And Javik would play a major role too. Ugh. What happened Mass Effect?
jesus christ i would have waited another year just to see that

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Jamaicob5 said:
Hey look! A Mass Effect 3 topic. Let's see how many replies we can scroll through before we find someone who's not moaning at the game for whatever reason!

OT I haven't played any of the DLC yet (aside from multiplayer and extended cut), not because of ME3 hate (I loved every--... nearly... every minute of it), just because I wanted to play some new games and give my favourite series a rest for 6 months or so. So I can't say I'm excited, but I will still download it, and, if it's more Mass Effect, probably love it.
People are not moaners for not liking the game

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
I think anyone that assumes that interest in the Mass Effect series, or any related DLC for Mass Effect 3 isnt strong anymore is mistaken. If the DLC is good it will sell, and sell well. I am personally looking forward to it. I have more fun playing the multiplayer than I do playing most any other multiplayer game, as well.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
I think it would be great if instead of adding additional content on to the end of the game, the added supplement content to the beginning and middle of the game to account for some of the stuff they ignored in the original development of the game.

And I know that sounds like a jab, but I don't mean it as one.
I mean I payed 80$ for the collectors edition and got 1/5 of a game, But if they added one more fifth of the game, like a "What if Anderson was a councilor" DLC pack I would pay 10$ for that.
And another 10 for the "What if The Illusive Man remembered that Renegade Shepard was his buddy and actually helps this time" Pack.
And Hell I'd pay 20$ for a "This is what ACTUALLY happens if you left the council to die" pack

Then Mass Effect 3 would cease to be the worst game ever made and would become the most expensive just pretty disappointing game ever made.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Excellent....

No I mean it, you can ***** and moan all you want (it's your prerogative) but I've just finished a runthrough of ME2 with my new biotic "Lady Shepard" and am looking forward to getting tucked into ME3

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Fantastic, can't wait for it to come out. Got a save on Me3 that I plan to a new game plus in order to access it; can't be bothered to do an other pre Me3 game run, again.

TheLogicalGamer

Sep 7, 2011
I'm just hoping that their DLC will be for World-Building in preparation for the next game. Possibly also the stuff that makes the ending easier to swallow. I liked the Ending I got from mass-effect, but if there had just been some foreshadowing it would be MUCH better.

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
erttheking said:
Jamaicob5 said:

This game was released 11 months ago. Ever since it's release, it's had people complaining about the same things over and over again non-stop. Look up every single news article on the escapist about Mass Effect 3 from release date onwards. I can guarantee that the first few comments will be how much people hated this game. And at least once a month they'll be a thread about a certain thing in Mass Effect 3 people didn't like.
Now, it's fine people complaining about a game they didn't like. But to complain about the a game 11 months old with the same arguments every time it decides to pop up and give out some news is not just some people expressing their views on a subject.

Is this moaning? I'll let Captcha answer that:
"I think so"

So do I, captcha.

People can dislike Mass Effect 3, but don't bring out the hate parade like you've just seen the endings for the first time every time someone says something about the game.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Jamaicob5 said:
erttheking said:
Jamaicob5 said:

This game was released 11 months ago. Ever since it's release, it's had people complaining about the same things over and over again non-stop. Look up every single news article on the escapist about Mass Effect 3 from release date onwards. I can guarantee that the first few comments will be how much people hated this game. And at least once a month they'll be a thread about a certain thing in Mass Effect 3 people didn't like.
Now, it's fine people complaining about a game they didn't like. But to complain about the a game 11 months old with the same arguments every time it decides to pop up and give out some news is not just some people expressing their views on a subject.

"I think so"

So do I, captcha.

People can dislike Mass Effect 3, but don't bring out the hate parade like you've just seen the endings for the first time every time someone says something about the game.
The only thing I took away from that is that you can't complain about things after a certain amount of time has passed, and it doesn't matter how many times an argument is reused, it doesn't make it any less balid.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
If you don't want to hear about Casey Hudson's vision for Mass Effect anymore, just do what I do and don't give them your money or attention. What's done is done; move on and find another game to invest your emotions into.

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
erttheking said:
Jamaicob5 said:
erttheking said:
Jamaicob5 said:

"I think so"

So do I, captcha.

The only thing I took away from that is that you can't complain about things after a certain amount of time has passed, and it doesn't matter how many times an argument is reused, it doesn't make it any less balid.
I never said they weren't valid complaints. But people who complain and complain and complain about the same game on every news article for almost a year are moaning. They nag, non stop. Do they even care about it anymore, or is it just a force of habit?

I don't think they don't have a right to complain, I was one of the people who campaigned for a new ending. But no matter how BioWare could of reacted to that, whether by changing the ending or by leaving it as it was, I would of forgotten about it by the end of the summer and got on with my life. And I did do that, by september I had no interest in the new, utterly pointless campaigns (the santa campaign was stupid beyond words), I didn't even care about any new DLC coming out.

Either find a new game or replay the series, hate BioWare or forgive them, it doesn't matter. Just don't think anyone cares that you hated ME3, because we've heard it all so many times it's sickening.

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
TaboriHK said:
If you don't want to hear about Casey Hudson's vision for Mass Effect anymore, just do what I do and don't give them your money or attention. What's done is done; move on and find another game to invest your emotions into.
I wanted to quote this, partly because I agree, but mostly because I wanted to express my love for your choice of avatar/ music ;)

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Jamaicob5 said:
erttheking said:
Jamaicob5 said:
erttheking said:
Jamaicob5 said:

"I think so"

So do I, captcha.

I never said they weren't valid complaints. But people who complain and complain and complain about the same game on every news article for almost a year are moaning. They nag, non stop. Do they even care about it anymore, or is it just a force of habit?

I don't think they don't have a right to complain, I was one of the people who campaigned for a new ending. But no matter how BioWare could of reacted to that, whether by changing the ending or by leaving it as it was, I would of forgotten about it by the end of the summer and got on with my life. And I did do that, by september I had no interest in the new, utterly pointless campaigns (the santa campaign was stupid beyond words), I didn't even care about any new DLC coming out.

Either find a new game or replay the series, hate BioWare or forgive them, it doesn't matter. Just don't think anyone cares that you hated ME3, because we've heard it all so many times it's sickening.
Uh...yeah, pretty sure that they care

Yeah, but everyone else isn't you. Besides, if a game series take up five years of your life and it crashes and burns, you can't just "get over it" right away.

So in other words, don't voice your opinions and don't pressure Bioware to learn from them. I don't buy it.