BioWare to Sell Fan-Designed Mass Effect Hoodies

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
One can only imagine the horror of Talimancers running around in RL...

But that's only imagination.. haha hah... right... imagination...

Give me Thane jacket or give me death!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The first guy I see wearing a Tali hoodie is getting a good laughing at from me.

Hollyday

Mar 5, 2012
The main problem would be choosing - They all look awesome. Not sure how strange you'd look walking round in one though...

Vault101 said:
Artemis923 said:
They look great...

But what I really want is that leather N7 jacket. That thing is pure sex.
*grumble* we got shafted with the dress....
I know, not to menion her other outfits, like the one in ME2 that makes her look like a farmer. Femshep NEEDS a leather jacket. NOW!

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Jaeke said:
One can only imagine the horror of Talimancers running around in RL...

But that's only imagination.. haha hah... right... imagination...

Give me Thane jacket or give me death!
or...

"hey hon! I got you a present!"

"oh its a...hoodie?, well that's a rather..[i/]interesting[/i] design"

"uh huh., neat isn't it? go on try it on!..oh and do up the hood!"

"ok"

"yes that's it...hey do an accent for me..like something Russian sounding"

"uhh...why?..ok then [i/]thanks for the hoodie[/i]"

"mmmm that's it.....[small/][i/] you're so beautiful...Tali[/i]"[/small]

"wait, what?"

"you're accents slipping hon..."

UnderGlass

Jan 12, 2012
Wow, those are way cooler designs than the horrible official N7 armor hoodie. Nice one and good news for the artist. Although I'm a little hesitant to see what the final concepts will look like.

EDIT: Even though I hate the character I'm leaning heavily to the Zaeed design. After that it's mostly the female designs that look best to me. Ashley, Kasumi, and Tali all look great even if I might not wear them. Samara looks predictably retarded though. Even in abstraction her costume can't be saved.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Awesome news and those do look great. I'd hold off on waiting to see what the final designs and final price tag before I make any claims about wanting any of them though.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
I said it once and I'll say it again, while they might look interesting on paper, in real life I doubt that they will look anything but ridiculous. There's just too much design on each one, it would literary look like you're wearing concept art.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
It's a great concept, and I absolutely applaud the artist for her designs, but some things are just not meant for this world... and these hoodies are one of them.

The Wrex is the only one I'd come close to wearing, and you'd still have to pay me to do it.

I mean, is it better than this train wreck?

Sure. But that really isn't saying much.

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
At least the artist admits that she's no designer.I myself already have a few ideas in mind for these clothes to look something that you CAN wear casually on the streets without attracting too much attention,but at the same time keep some elements from the original concept.Kal'Reegar hoodie actually looks best in my opinion.Legion hoodie wouldn't look good with those pipes drawn on,believe me.
As for cosplay,they can just copy-paste those outfits xD

The.Bard said:
I mean, is it better than this train wreck?

Sure. But that really isn't saying much.
That is indeed awful.The only thing that I like are the stripes on the right sleeve,but even just that is not viable for casual wear imo.

Readial

May 26, 2010
Feel like getting the Wrex one, he is my fave character in all of the ME games and is especially boss in the moments he charges ahead.

Zefar

May 11, 2009
I'm not entirely too fond of that the ass is on those shirts. I don't think we need that part to be visible.

Otherwise I'd probably pick Mordin or Kaidan.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
If I had the money, I would buy each and every one of them. For now, I'm just looking at the Liara one and the Tali one. Perhaps Kasumi's too. It's simple and I like it.

I hope they make them soon...but I also hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.