BioWare to Sell Fan-Designed Mass Effect Hoodies

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Vault101 said:
Jaeke said:
One can only imagine the horror of Talimancers running around in RL...

But that's only imagination.. haha hah... right... imagination...

Give me Thane jacket or give me death!
or...

"hey hon! I got you a present!"

"oh its a...hoodie?, well that's a rather..[i/]interesting[/i] design

"uh huh., neat isn't it? go on try it on!..oh and do up the hood!"

"ok"

"yes that's it...hey do an accent for me..like something Russian sounding"

"uhh...why?..ok then [i/]thanks for the hoodie[/i]"

"mmmm that's it.....[small/][i/] you're so beautiful...Tali[/i]"[/small]

"wait, what?"

"you're accents slipping hon..."
XD That made me chuckle.

OT: I'd probably wear a Liara or Tali hoody, I love the designs of their outfits. Also dat legion hoodie.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
I would definitely get one of the Tali and Kasumi hoodies. Well as long as they change the design so it doesn't look like I have breasts... that part of the hoodie needs to go.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Legion and Kal hoodies?

DO FUCKING WANT!

While I love Garrus I think his looks pretty ugly. Not easy to combine turian and human form it seems.

Edit: Also, if there's one good thing to have come out of the ending debacle, it's that it seeems to have turned Bioware into one giant fan-service machine.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Bah, this be old news. Escapist, it seems your age is catching up with you.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Honestly developers should be doing something similar to this more:

Allow people to create whatever fan merchandise they like but have them sell it 'officially' through the developer's store with the Dev taking a small cut of the profit, win win win situation really, Devs get money for nothing, creative fans make money with no worry that they'll get shut down and fans get awesome merchandise that'll probably be better quality than mass produced shite.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Frostbite3789 said:
Grey Carter said:
Bonus points to the first person caught fighting crime in their new Garrus hoodie.
Challenge accepted my good sir. I already fight crime dressed as Saxton Hale. Why not Garrus?
Do you punch hippies?

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
I would love one of these, but I'm going to guess the price tag is going to be fairly steep. Still if I have some cash when they actually make it to market I might still buy one. Of course that all depends if they are successful in making the hoodies as awesome as they look on paper.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
She's not going to see a damn cent. EA saw a cool idea and will take everything for themselves. "they will be redesigning the hoodies" and so they don't need to give her any credit. Fuck you EA, fuck you Bioware, you're never getting any more of my money

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
Legion and Kal'reegar are the ones that have caught my eye...

They all look pretty awesome and i hope Christine can benefit from this

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012
I would love the Tali one (even if the character herself was a bit boring to me).
I can imagine these to be over priced... I doubt I could bring myself to pay over £40 for something I'd only wear whilst having a fag in the cold.

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
I remember when these were first put up on her DA page, so great. Totally getting a garrus one, and a legion one... and other ones.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
Oh, if only BioWare and Mass Effect weren't owned by EA, I may consider giving up some cash for one of those hoodies.

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
TsunamiWombat said:
Cute.

Still doesn't make up for that ending.
Pretty much this. If they want us to buy merchandise they should have considered *not* destroying the series in the first place.

I own the N7 hoodie and since ME3 was released I feel so disgusted just looking at it... wearing it is pretty much out of the question.