Bioware vs. their Fans

SoMuchSpace

Mar 27, 2012
Yep, this is EA at work.I'm guessing 2-3 more rushed games from BioWare before they decide to shut it down."Oh well." says John Riccitiello while drinking wine and keeping his foot on BioWare's dead, burned out corpse.

After Deus Ex : Human revolution lackluster ending, i honestly thought that endings couldn't get any worse.But after seeing ME3 endings i realise that atleast Eidos Montreal had the bloody decency to atleast justify each ending with a monologue.The whole clipping of stock footage for Tali and ripping of the FIRST result when you type "space winter" in Google images is also not BioWare.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Who's more hated these days? EA or Ubisoft? Both companies I loved no 10 years ago.

Bioware's my number 2 favorite, just keep cranking out bisexual fantasy RPGs.

shadowyoasis

Feb 8, 2008
I'd say ubisoft is the more evil of the two. EA Drm comes in the somewhat-friendly form of Origins which is steam-lite.

Ubisoft DRM casually abuses puppies on your keyboard then sends you the pics, along with illicit pictures of him and your mom.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
I love DA2, it's much more fun than the first one. Mass effect 3 was great, until the ending. I agree that EA is ruining and will continue to ruin Bioware, for as long as they own them. It's a sad truth

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
shadowyoasis said:
I'd say ubisoft is the more evil of the two. EA Drm comes in the somewhat-friendly form of Origins which is steam-lite.

Ubisoft DRM casually abuses puppies on your keyboard then sends you the pics, along with illicit pictures of him and your mom.
I'll invoke Hanlon here, and say that no sufficiently advanced incompetence is distinghishable from malice. That goes for Ubisoft - their DRM is atrocious because they simply have no clue how to not make it atrocious.

EA however, actually keep showing that they have a purpose with their DRM, which is milking people for more than their products are worth.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
veloper said:
That's a very good point. So much for integrity.
Sock footage does not itself compromise artistic integrity.

shadowyoasis said:

In terms who's more hated, I'm pretty sure it's EA. "evil" and "hated" are not the same. Plus, while Origin is "Steam Lite," it's being treated as though it's the holocaust for gamers. The outcry for Origin has largely been more sever than the outcry for Ubi's stupid DRM tactics.

EA's policies are also more insidious. They're the trailblazer for online passes/project 10 dollar. Sure, everyone's doing it, but they pretty much made it. And now they're shutting down online pass games, including a single player one.

I'm not sure Ubisoft can compete.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
A GAME I LIKE HAD AN ENDING I DIDN'T! WAAAAAH BIOWARE IS AWFUL. TBH I just finished ME3 and the ending wasn't that bad. Not the greatest but seriously people need to stop bitching.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Thomas Guy said:
A GAME I LIKE HAD AN ENDING I DIDN'T! WAAAAAH BIOWARE IS AWFUL. TBH I just finished ME3 and the ending wasn't that bad. Not the greatest but seriously people need to stop bitching.
That's right, whale on that strawman! I'm pretty sure he's getting back up, better take another swing!

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Eh, not that Mass Effect wasn't an amazing game, but Baldur's Gate 2 was Bioware's magnum opus, not ME.

Sure, ME3 and DA2 have been disappointing, but that's why brand loyalty has its limits. Companies come and go, and I think Bioware is at the beginning of its end (being bought by EA didn't help). Still, I'm happy with what they provided to the gaming world, and in terms of net performance they've done a lot more good than bad.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
SoMuchSpace said:
Yep, this is EA at work.I'm guessing 2-3 more rushed games from BioWare before they decide to shut it down."Oh well." says John Riccitiello while drinking wine and keeping his foot on BioWare's dead, burned out corpse.

After Deus Ex : Human revolution lackluster ending, i honestly thought that endings couldn't get any worse.But after seeing ME3 endings i realise that atleast Eidos Montreal had the bloody decency to atleast justify each ending with a monologue.The whole clipping of stock footage for Tali and ripping of the FIRST result when you type "space winter" in Google images is also not BioWare.
If EA shuts down Bioware that would allow the former Bioware developers to open a new company. Unless EA just sends them to different departments.