Black Batman

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I am not opposed to the changing of characters races where it won't derail the original character. With Black Batman it depends would he be a relatively new character with a different origin, or would it just be black Bruce Wayne. If it's the first it might be interesting, see Bat-Wing, it's a pretty enjoyable comic. But if it's just black Bruce then it kinds of alters his character pointlessly and for the worse. I've always said Batman and maybe Superman are the only Justice League members who have to be white. Green Lantern wouldn't change if he was Chinese or Aquaman Samoan. But Bruce Wayne's origin is pretty much privilege old money. Which is majority white.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
This 'Black Batman' Just sounds like it'd be a stupid comic made on the basis of teaching kids to be against racism towards black people

Also, just on the grounds of the name being 'Black Batman' It would be considered racist.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
SaneAmongInsane said:
Moonlight Butterfly said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
I'm confused as to why suggesting a different race for a character is a joke to you?
*shrug* Absurdity I suppose. People get up tight about people swapping races, like when that black guy was going to be in that Thor movie. Ignorance is fun to mock and all that.
Hehe maybe I just don't see it as that strange but I get what you mean about people being silly about it.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
But Batman is
Bruce Waye

And
Bruce Wayne
is white...

I kid, I'd be fine with it but I don't think we'd be able to move on from such a major character changing ethnicity

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
This would be retarded.

Why?

Because Bruce Wayne. Isn't. Black!

Also, retconning a character just to make him more ethnically diverse is obnoxious as shit.