Black Cloud: [dead thread]

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
"no no Mira, the bombs are clean nukes, big boom, wipes Amistad's circuits, no radiation, they've been purpse built for this mission, and a traditional EMP would be too big," he told Mira straightly.

After a moments silence Grash said " you all have a day to prepare, we'll be leaving tomorrow at 10:00pm on the ship, meet at the docks 30 minutes prior, unless anyone has any more questions then we can leave."

Meta_Trooper

Mar 6, 2010
"since this is a stealth mission wouldn't it be an idea to have a separate team to cause a diversion? even a single operative with an advanced cloaking device could cause enough distraction..." TF said, volunteering himself as indirectly as he could manage, though he'd been given the anti virus upgrade by the techs his system was now a closed one after he ripped out his comm. core which oversaw all incoming and outgoing data, the only way a program could get in or out was by a direct wire connection, the connector cable for which was hidden in his right arm and TF had no intention to get caught, at any cost.

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
"Don't worry TF, everything has been taken care of, we have a distraction prepared, all we have to worry about is not being seen until we get the first three bombs planted, after that we will be fine," Grash sad to TF-038 "now, you should all rest, tomorrow night will be hard, as for the mechs, just prepare however you see fit."

Grash then turned and left the room, he returned to his quarters then jumped onto his bunk and closed his eyes.

Aug 12, 2009
Code:
Changing directive...
WARNING! Override must be allowed,if not allowed,certain memory banks will be erase!
Do you want go on?
YES
Changing directive...
Prime Directive: KILL ARMISTAD/GOD
Secondary Directive: PROTECT MIRA
Directives saved.
Warden trudged carefully over to Mira and handed her a small slip of paper with the word needed to activate the bomb on it,he thought it fit well with what he though it would be used for.
Code:
MATRYDOM
"Use only in emergencies,Mira,share it with Grash but do not speak it aloud around me.It activates the mini nuke inside of me,only do this if I become infected or are dying."

MiMireille

Apr 28, 2010
"M-!", she began as a question, quickly cutting herself off. She crumpled the paper and brought up a coded note on her wristlet to write the dangerous word down on, to keep it out of her sight until needed. She'd show it to Grash tomorrow before they went planetside.

"Hopefully, Warden, we shall never need to use it. I certainly hope we don't, anyway. I don't want anyone to mart- er, that is - I don't want us to lose anyone down there if it's not absolutely a last resort." She was tiny compared to the Warden's massive bulk, and almost painfully naive to the type of battles he had been through. A frown tugged at her lips, and she tugged in turn on the ends of her compactly braided-back hair, looking up at him.

"... I don't know how I'd have come back alive unless you were there to help. When the mission is over with, I'll .. I will personally see to it that you need never fight again! I'm sure you'd do well at some other task!"

DragonofDecay86

Sep 26, 2009
Jason listened the other conversations, sitting in a corner at the back of the room. When he finally decided he could take no more of listening to stories about how people might not make it back, he stood up and left trying to close the door as quietly as possible. Once Jason was out in the night air, he quickly made his way up onto one of the rooftops and lay down.

Aug 12, 2009
Warden stood in front of Mira,not speaking for a few moments before putting a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"I was built for war Mira,there is o other function,unless you can get me a job that involves murder and heavy duty protection,this mission is where it ends for me.Don't worry,I'll make sure your safe before we leave,I'm keeping you safe,no matter the cost,even if it means you have to use the detonation word..."

Warden turned slowly,and trudged off,returning to his charging point,where he plugged himself in,deactivated himself,and dreamed peacefully of electric sheep.

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
As the sun crossed the sky, and dusk was nearly upon them, Grash walked silently through the streets towards the docks. The docks were still busy considering the hour, huge floodlights illuminating the peers. Grash walked up to one of the central peers where a vast Erian frigate was attached to its fueling points, he climbed up a ladder at the front and into the pilots cabin, he sat in the controls and pushed a button to open the cargo hold, the huge doors slid upwards to reveal the vast hold, the black box at the back.

Grash climbed back down the ladder and walked back along the ship to the hold which he jumped up into and sat on the hold's lip waiting for the team.

deonte9109

Sep 8, 2010
CJ took his PET back to his workshop and prepared doing some last minute adjustments. He gave it a small tether so that he could connect to any computer system and even gave it a blue casing.
"Hey D"
"Yes sir."
"There is a significant chance that you might end up corrupted even if he restrict your external communications."
"I am fully aware of this sir."
"Thats why I am going to make a copy of you."
"Of course sir but the copy wont have my sense of humor."
"Whatever you say D."
CJ soon flew over to the docks to await the next mission.

DragonofDecay86

Sep 26, 2009
Jason had gone home and gotten a few hours of sleep, but now he was walking through the docks to the ships location. The locals parted for him, knowing what he was by his cape. The locals were usually afraid of the Servantine Knights, and preferred to give them a wide berth whenever they came to their part of Aetheros. The Knights of course, had no time to figure out why everyone was avoiding them, considering their main duty was to protect the innocents of Aetheros.

Jason shook his head and tried to focus on the task ahead. He looked up to see a rather large ship, sitting with its cargo hold open.

This must be the place... Jason thought, ascending the ramp into the cargo hold.

Jason saw Grash and gave him a wave to let him know that Jason was all ready, but he didn't go and sit with Grash. Instead, Jason walked over to the large black box which Jason hadn't seen before he got onto the ship.

I'll just assume that this is the bomb Grash was talking about. Jason thought, finding a seat somewhere near the lip of the cargo hold so that he could see the arrival of the others.

MiMireille

Apr 28, 2010
Mira's short conversation, if it could be called one, had left her mind disquieted during the night and following morning as she headed to the Erian shipyard. Were all battlemechs advanced enough to be sentient, yet not imbued with a sense of individual worth? By history's standards, she supposed that might once have been called a 'perfect soldier' - smart, but willingly considering itself expendable. Before her involvement with Grash, this group of people, and Amistad, she'd not really had any reason to speak with with AIs designed for battle. If this was what she could expect from A362 and TF-038, Mira was beginning to feel that she ought to stick close to the other flesh-and-blood teammates. She did not want to grow attached, and end up mourning something that could not - or would not - mourn itself.

She gazed upward as she waited for clearance into the shipyard. Mira had always thought the sky looked beautiful, more pretty than pictures of it found in century-old books. It was a deeper blue seen from this high up than it ever had been down on Earth's surface, even before the world-encompassing smog had overtaken the view. It was marred at the edges of the curved horizon, blurred grey and inky black, but, well.. Mira always had her eyes looking higher. The growing pessimist in the back of her mind hoped she'd be back to see it soon.

Granted access and waved through the security checkpoint, she headed to the middle of the area, nodding an absentminded greeting to Grash as she passed him to sit inside and wait for the others. Only after a moment of sitting slouched against the inside of the bulkhead lost within her own thoughts did she remember the Warden's direction from the night before. She stood back up and walked over to crouch next to the Kraxex and speak quietly.

"Sir. Warden got a mininuke installed in his core yesterday apparently, and gave me a codeword that would set it off if - if we needed to do that. I don't want to do have to do that though, I hope we don't come back in smaller number than when we leave today. Do you have a secure comlink I can send it to? I feel like if I say it, just my luck, you know? He'll walk up behind me and then K'BOOM-fshhh! We'd be atomized."

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Grash looked to his side where Mira was crouching and said "Don't worry, just write it down on here," as he handed her a small datapad and a stilus.

Grash, jason and Mira continued to wait, as the sun began to set slowly, the top of it just above the horizon he turned again to Mira "They should be arriving any minute, we have to go shortly otherwise we won't have the full extent of the night to hide us," he told her without looking round.

deonte9109

Sep 8, 2010
CJ arrived at the docks and made a few loops i the air before landing.
"Showing off are we sir?"
"Kinda of...besides I always wanted to do that."
He casually walked up to the team.
"So we gonna ride or what?"

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
Samaji leapt over the rooftops of the low buildings towards the docks, barely a shadow in the dark. He leapt off and landed beside the group who had assembled so far.

"Evening everyone." He said flatly, as if he'd been standing there at all times.

Meta_Trooper

Mar 6, 2010
"you know, for a squad leader you're not very good at detection." came TF's voice as he decloaked directly behind grash, "I've been standing here for about 10 minutes, though i guess you'll want to pretend that you knew i was here eh?"

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
"Not really, I designed those cloaking devices myself, they are good quality, if I had noticed you I'd have been disappointed with myself," he said without turning round, "Ok, we're only waiting for A3 and the warden now,..... wait a minute, there they are,"

The warden and A3 were walking along the peer towards them, getting many odd looks from passers by, as they hopped aboard Grash turned to the group and said "Ok everyone, into the box, strap in, this will get bumpy very quickly."

Everyone got into the box and began to strap into their seats, Grash walked over to the hold door and swiped a small pad on the wall which closed it, he then briefly climbed up to the pilots seat and typed in the coordinates for the course into the auto-pilot, he then clambered back down and took his place in the box which closed itself behind him, sealing itself tightly with a series of loud clunking noises.

After a minute or two there was a feeling of lightness as the ship rose, which settled as it head off into the sky.

An hour later they were getting close to Amistads last known coordinates, "Hold on everyone, any minute now..." he said, clutching the straps tightly..

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
A3 had been nearby Grash as they took off towards Amistad. Its files had been corrupt and it was unable to tell what had happened from the first Amistad, until now.
"Grash, when we land, will there be combat?" A3 asked, flickering it's lights. Even in the small space provided, it took out its rifle and charged it.
Auto-aiming activated. Awaiting confirmation
Sorry-I've been really busy with school and new work

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
As they neared their target grash turned briefly and said "Hopefully not, we're going to be getting off somewhere with little or no guards, if we keep quiet we shouldn't have to engage anyone the whole mission, keep your movements to a minimum and if you can silence your gun."..

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
A3 searched its data files and came up with noting.
"I am unable to change the sound on my rifle. Unless they are away from 10 miles, they can hear the shots" A3 said while flickering its lights. It reluctantly holstered its rifle and brought a knife out from its hand.
Data corrupt. Found knife.