Black Creators' New FPS Inspired by Lady Gaga, J.J. Abrams

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Bodycount is already a game isn't it? I swear I played that back in the Wolfenstein era.

Edit: Almost, it was called Operation Body Count [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Body_Count], quite impressed I remembered that actually.

Feb 13, 2008
Maybe it's inspired by Lady Gaga in the sense of your protagonist having a penis?

[small]Sorry...I love ya LG, but that joke was lining up for a swing[/small]

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
If by "inspired by Lady Gaga" they mean "with a shitload of blinding colours and random aesthetics" I think this could be interesting.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Seeing as how I despise Lady Gaga and that Abrhams guy, I think I'll pass.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
dodo1331 said:
Someone make a video of Spock and Kirk singing Poker Face.

Now.
Hell with that, Shatner and Nemoy need to do it themselves. Not just a Windows Movie Maker project.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
You mispelled 'awesome' at the end there, John.

Did someone post that mash-up of four Poker Face covers they did for Dinosaur Comics? Because someone should.

(OT: Shooters need more shooty, I applaud your initiative, now go forth and actually deliver.)

Apr 24, 2008
Doc Cannon said:
If by "inspired by Lady Gaga" they mean "with a shitload of blinding colours and random aesthetics" I think this could be interesting.
Ergh, it's not even random. It's generic quirkiness...quirky by numbers. 80's pop really didn't need to be revisited, and I have doubts about whether we need to go back to 90's style shooters...what we have now is more rewarding.

They have successfully created buzz over a game despite only presenting us with a title...which is baffling.

I could announce my own game. Inspired by Led Zeppelin and Stanly Kubrick, with the name "Guns go bang!" and I would have just as much. All I have to do is instill doubt in you over the state of modern games. By the way, have you ever noticed how you aren't actually having fun playing shooters anymore?(easily done, eh?).

Guns go bang! Banging onto your consoles and home computers, fall 2010.

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
80's pop really didn't need to be revisited, and I have doubts about whether we need to go back to 90's style shooters...what we have now is more rewarding.
I agree with not going back to the 80s pop, but shooters in the 90s had one awesome thing in abundance, and that was FUN. You would go in a room, shoot 300 monsters and move on. Nobody tried to make it "cinematic" or worried about political correctness and ESRB qualifications. Many shooters nowadays consist of shooting down 4 guys in a 2x2km zone, walk 3000 more meters, solve a puzzle and then watch a cutscene.
But of course nobody wants to go back to those bloody coloured keys.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
well, i know one game to avoid at least, or to be fare, play something else over it, like the sound of cats being run over, because lets face it, the Shemale claming to be Lady Gaga sounds worse then that.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
dodo1331 said:
Someone make a video of Spock and Kirk singing Poker Face.

Now.
If they do I will be lol'ing so hard I think I may fall onto the floor from it...XD

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
I don't really see how being able to shoot people on the ground while a co-op partner in an AC 130 gunship rains 105mm rounds in front of you would be considered "boring"

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
I wonder if it's related to my beloved Operation Body Count [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Body_Count].

A sequel or spiritual remake or something.

I got this game before the WTC bombing took it off the shelves (The one during the Clinton administration with a truck and the parking garage, not the airplanes) and goddamn it is awesome.

I hope they do something like make it new and great. If not, and it's totally unrelated, Bodycount is a good title for an over-the-top action FPS, and this could be hilarious if it's supposed to have as much action as Star Trek.

Apr 24, 2008
Doc Cannon said:
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
80's pop really didn't need to be revisited, and I have doubts about whether we need to go back to 90's style shooters...what we have now is more rewarding.
I agree with not going back to the 80s pop, but shooters in the 90s had one awesome thing in abundance, and that was FUN. You would go in a room, shoot 300 monsters and move on. Nobody tried to make it "cinematic" or worried about political correctness and ESRB qualifications. Many shooters nowadays consist of shooting down 4 guys in a 2x2km zone, walk 3000 more meters, solve a puzzle and then watch a cutscene.
But of course nobody wants to go back to those bloody coloured keys.
I know what you're saying, but I can't help but feel that nostalgia would be making a fool of me if I were to fully agree. I'll load up painkiller now and then, when I crave that old style relentless action...but I yearn for more depth after 20 minutes of fragging.

I think things have just generally improved. I like the cinematic touches, better story telling, more engaging characters(largely due to better graphics...people just seem more like people now), I even like the rebounding health that people like to gripe about. The health bar was fine, but it didn't give me the same feeling of urgency and panic as the red boarders and bleached colours thing that modern shooters do.