Black Creators' New FPS Inspired by Lady Gaga, J.J. Abrams

dodo1331

May 23, 2009
AvsJoe said:
dodo1331 said:
Someone make a video of Spock and Kirk singing Poker Face.

Now.
I think the closest you will get to seeing Kirk singing this would be this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy5JwYOlgvY] video.
I've already seen this but it is still just as amazing.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
bobknowsall said:
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Serious statements that appeal to reason rather than attempting to incite hysteria are not very funny. Knowledge is power!
"Comedically" exaggerated hyperbole isn't too funny either, mate. It just sounds like you've read some 40k original fiction, and figure that everyone else finds the ranting of the chaotically insane amusing. Good effort, but I guess I just didn't find it all that funny.
It's like you know me - you haven't been *gasp* spying on me at night, have you?!

Oh wait, I have a Kharn the Betrayer avatar - mystery solved!

But in all seriousness, I have indeed read some 40K original fiction - in point of fact I've read pretty much all of it [small](minus two older series, 1 short story, and the stack of new releases I have sitting on my shelf that I haven't gotten to yet)[/small]. As such I can attest that the rantings of the chaotically insane are never played for comedy in the Black Library's offerings - frankly there's a real shortage of insane ranting in general (insane characters sure, but they don't typically launch into mad rants).

And comedy is subjective: I find absurd juxtapositions and dramatic over-reactions hysterical, and I write to amuse myself - any enjoyment you might derive from my mad ramblings is between you and the impartial medium of text.

bobknowsall said:
Continuum said:
Who gives a fuck what other people think.
Definitely not me, I hold that any debate can be solved by a sufficiently inflated ego - it doesn't matter if you can objectively prove anything you say if you have the only opinion that matters (ha ha!).

bobknowsall said:
Continuum said:
And to be honest you're kind of semi-defending Lady Gaga, which is the wrong side of the fence to be on- considering I get the feeling you don't actually care for her music yourself. Enough of this pointless arguing.
Yeah, I don't care much for her music, but insulting her fans is something I take exception to. It's just not very civil or mature.
Oh, I don't just insult her fans [small](though if you read my earlier posts again you'll notice I never actually did that, just the implicit insult whenever anyone asserts that something you like is terrible (ie, that you have horrible taste))[/small], I consider the vast bulk of humanity to be comprised out of irredeemable morons, and the 'pop' that they lap up a howling cultural wasteland devoid of talent or merit. I'm an equal opportunity condescending snob!

But I like to think I can at least maintain a veneer of civility when I tell someone that everything they like is stupid, I do have standards you know.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Any shooter thats not a Massive Action Game about Modern Warfare set in a Battlefield is up there on my list :D Not that I don't like that sorta thing, I just think it's time for something different. I'm down, hell I'll take six copies.

Mar 26, 2008
Shapsters said:
EDIT- Seriously, I want someone who despises Lady Gaga as much as they do to explain to me why they hate her so much.
Sorry to hijack the thread but

I don't despise her but I do find her the latest embodiment of this disposable music culture. Her lyrics are shallow and meant to "shock" (although Peaches does it much better), her music generic and over-produced and I personally find her androgynous and unattractive. That said her beats are undeniably catchy but I'd say the same thing about Britney Spears. I'm not saying that every song by every band should be a work of lyrical and poetic genius. Obviously stuff like Lady GaGa is what a lot of people want these days; they don't want to be challenged or inspired by music, they just want to get off their face, dance, potentially hook up and forget about shit. Probably indicative of rising rate of depression, but that's another matter. However, say what you want about some of these "screamo" bands but at least they give it some heart.

Let me finish with some Bill Hicks. He does a better job than I can hope to do.

bobknowsall

Aug 21, 2009
Gildan Bladeborn said:
It's like you know me - you haven't been *gasp* spying on me at night, have you?!

Oh wait, I have a Kharn the Betrayer avatar - mystery solved!
I never pay attention to people's avatars, it was just the general tone and content of your post. Shouting "Heresy!" or "Blasphemy!" on a gaming forum pretty much instantly marks you as a 40k fan. Just like saying "Gordon Freeman f**king sucks, Halo ftw" marks you as an angry fanboy who's defending a franchise that draws ire like a candle draws misdirected moths. (No comparisons are being drawn there, I'm just trying to find two easily-identifiable gaming stereotypes)

Gildan Bladeborn said:
Oh, I don't just insult her fans, I consider the vast bulk of humanity to be comprised out of irredeemable morons, and the 'pop' that they lap up a howling cultural wasteland devoid of talent or merit. I'm an equal opportunity condescending snob!
Well, you go off and have fun with that. Just don't say it to their faces, because those irredeemable morons outnumber you considerably, and gamers are not renowned for their survival ability.

Gildan Bladeborn said:
But I like to think I can at least maintain a veneer of civility when I tell someone that everything they like is stupid, I do have standards you know.
Not standards, just a fear of retaliation. If your statement of "F**k you and everything you like" sounds all eloquent and pleasant, you are considerably less likely to get decked or publicly humiliated (Or, if you're really lucky, both at the same time! :D). I find it's just easier to, you know, not care about whether or not someone likes Lady Gaga. I'll call them out if they say something I consider uncouth or offensive, but I couldn't care less if they listen to inane pop music. I've got better things to rage about.

GL2814E

Feb 16, 2010
John Funk- "Because otherwise, I'm imagining a FPS where Spock and Kirk sing "Poker Face," and that's absolutely terrifying."

Bah, I think Spock and Kirk Karoking some space monster to death with 'Poker Face' would be epic. (And not even close to as hokey as some of the original series solutions were.)