Black gamer inconvenience, Xbox vs PS controller

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
That's where the stereotype of black guys playing bass comes from? Huh. I've always just figured black people were naturally groovey.

Black people get +5 to groove.
White people get +5 to shred.

Something like that.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
Klagnut said:
ToastedCorpser4Lunch said:
Klagnut said:
nightmare_gorilla said:
Klagnut said:
Well, you learn something new every day :)

Being half-Italian I struggle to spend many hours on any console without it falling for my charms, falling in love with me and it ending up with a red ring of death :p

Seriously though, I have always had quite oily hands and, whilst it doesn't inconvenience me, my mates get annoyed when having to use the controller after me lol. I'm not sure if it's got anything to do with my heritage, but it still happens.
MY BROTHER!!!! PREACH!

sorry, also half Italian, same problems. which is why I bought a dedicated second player controller I never use, keeps it nice and clean and the buttons crispy,
Lol, actually quite comforting to know I'm not the only one. The most noticeable time it affects me is when drinking out of clear glasses (usually at the pub having a pint). My mates glasses stay fairly clear, whereas mine ends up a cloudy fog of grease lol. I've taken many controllers apart in the past to clean them because of it - it's unreal the amount of gunk that builds up.

Ah well, at least my skin still looks very youthful :)
Quarter-Italian and same problem, as well as sweaty hands, for double the disgusting. The grease also makes dirt clumps build up quite fast on my keyboard.
Greasy gamers of the world unite!! :)

Yeah, my KB's not the greatest either :( We'll look younger longer though at least lol
Weird, I only experience the problem when I use my mouse and occasionally my keyboard.
Get these small dirt clumps all over it.

Not sure about the Italian part though, as I'm a full blooded Norwegian.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Weaver said:
I find the 3DS XL I just can' find a way to hold comfortably without it hurting my hands after awhile. Probably because it's just a big ass rectangle. Your problems sound a bit worse :p.
That's not you or your physiology that's just bad design, everyone has that problem. Buy a dream gear, they are $20 on amazon and your hands won't hurt any longer.

MiriaJiyuu

Forum Lurker
Jun 28, 2011
TehCookie said:
Big Image
Yeah, I can't use an analog stick with anything other than the base of my thumb.

Unfortunately I will never use an XBox standard controller because my hands are to small to use one comfortably.

Sep 14, 2009
ah that sucks, but the way i use sticks on a controller usually doesn't involve my nail getting anywhere near the stick, i usually hold it like this:

because of that, i prefer the 360 controller, the playstation controller is fine, but in intense situations my thumbs used to get aggravated with the convex tops. Also the convex R2/L2 in the back annoyed me for years, but they finally are somewhat coming to a compromise in the ps4 controller, so i'm sure i'll manage.